We Read Indie Books RG2E! discussion

June book nominations

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Ward (tamaraward) | 80 comments Mod
Hello! It's that time - time to nominate the indie book you'd like to read and discuss in June!

If you have a book you'd like to nominate, please reply to this discussion thread with the book's title,
author, genre, and Goodreads link.

Nominations are open through June 4. Then, we'll create a poll, and you'll be able to vote June 5-7 on which book you'd like to read.

Since last month we read a book by an author not in this group, nominations are open this month for books written by both group members and non-group members... so long as they're indies!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

message 2: by Kristine (new)

Kristine Cayne (kristinecayne) | 10 comments I'd like to nominate:

title: Revenge
author: Dana Delamar
genre: romantic suspense

This is a gritty, sexy story set in Italy about two rival Calabrian mafia families. RT Book Reviews gave it 4 stars. It has 4.5 stars on 13 reviews on Amazon and 4 stars on 15 ratings here on Goodreads.

I'd love to hear what others in the group think of it, as I'm sure would Dana :)

message 3: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (rhondahopkins) | 43 comments I nominate CC McKenzie's romance novel, Reckless Nights in Rome

Partial blurb: Though the name of her celebration and wedding cake business is up in lights, Bronte Ludlow doesn't care for the trappings of success. All that matters to her is her company, her independence and her heritage,The Dower House. Home to her ancestors since the seventeenth century, no way will she part with it to ‘a man with too much money and no soul’.
Nico Ferranti’s only passions are money and power... He's a man who stopped believing in romance long ago and Bronte's a romantic, yet the attraction sparking between them like fireworks over the Piazza del Popolo stuns Nico.

Doesn't this sound fun? :-)

message 4: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Montooth (andrewmontooth) I'm not sure which direction this group bends, but as a thriller reader, I'd recommend Deadly Straits by indie RE McDermott. A regular guy breaks up a terrorist plot in a fast moving, globe trotting, thriller.

Or, for short story fans, this is an interesting collection by indie Seeley James, Short Thrills. Five short stories follow a young woman from teenage incidents to grown up problems with the CIA.

Hope that helps! Andrew

message 5: by Tamara (new)

Gordon Kirkland, an indie author who has been having some health issues lately, has a recent release of humorous essays: My Slice of Life is Full of Gristle.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14...

From the book description:
This latest book is sure to please Kirkland's many fans around the world as he returns with a collection of over 40 essays covering topics ranging from prosthetic testicles for neutered dogs to the experience of swimming alongside a 9-foot shark. He covers his topics with the same sense of fun and frivolity that has marked his previous books, and led reviewers to proclaim him "one of North America's premier humorists."

message 6: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (rhondahopkins) | 43 comments Andrew wrote: "I'm not sure which direction this group bends, but as a thriller reader, I'd recommend Deadly Straits by indie RE McDermott. A regular guy breaks up a terrorist plot in a fast moving, globe trottin..."

Hi Andrew!
We read everything. :-)
Rhonda

message 7: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Esposito (soespo) | 1 comments Rhonda wrote: "I nominate CC McKenzie's romance novel, Reckless Nights in Rome

Partial blurb: Though the name of her celebration and wedding cake business is up in lights, Bronte Ludlow doesn't care for the trap..."

This was a great, hot read! :-)

message 8: by Nigel (new)

Nigel | 12 comments Hi. Did I miss this months book selection? The top post says selection by 4th and voting 5-7, but I can't find how to vote. Sorry, I'm just slow at these thing :)

Cheers!

message 9: by Tamara (new)

Hi, Nigel! Here's the link to the poll: http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/66....

If for some reason the link doesn't work, you can hit the "polls" link at the top right of the page. The poll is Poll #4 and mentions June. I'm new at setting up polls, too, so perhaps there is something I can do better to advertise the opening of the poll each month.

Did you receive a message from Goodreads/the group/me alerting you that the poll was open? Please let me know. I thought I sent a message about the poll to the entire group, but perhaps I didn't hit something correctly. I apologize for the confusion.

Please let me know if I can provide additional help. And thanks!

message 10: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda (rhondahopkins) | 43 comments Tamara wrote: "Hi, Nigel! Here's the link to the poll: http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/66....

If for some reason the link doesn't work, you can hit the "p..."

Just so you'll know...I got the email about the poll, Tamara. Not sure what I have my email settings on though. I need to find time to learn this stuff better.

message 11: by Tamara (new)

Thanks!