Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Christian Fiction Group Reads > Nominate July 2012's Christian Fiction Group Read **VOTING CLOSED!**

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane U (last edited Jun 08, 2012 07:53AM) (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments It's time to start nominations for July's Christian Fiction group read. I used the list of categories from the Theme thread and using Random.org, it selected:

Chick-Lit

Rules:
1. Nominations are open until the 14th of the month. Rachel will let us know which book has "won" on the 15th.
2. Books must be Christian fiction, or "clean" fiction to be eligible for this read.
3. Books are chosen using Random.org to make it completely fair.
3. One nomination per person.

Nominations so far:

1. A Time to Dance by Karen Kingsbury - Diane
2. I Heart Bloomberg by Melody Carlson - Rachel
3. Hope Springs by Kim Cash Tate - Margaret
4. Canary Island Song by Robin Jones Gunn - Elizabeth
5. Always the Baker Never the Bride by Sandra D. Bricker - Kate
6. The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks - Barbara Ann
7. When the Heart Cries by Cindy Woodsmall - Lorie

message 2: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments I would like to nominate:

A Time to Dance by Karen Kingsbury

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Brand I'd like to nominate I Heart Bloomberg by Melody Carlson.

message 4: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (njbookluvr) Hope Springs It's not released until 6/12 but it's really good!

message 5: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Margaret wrote: "Hope Springs It's not released until 6/12 but it's really good!"

Oooh, that does sound like a great chick-lit book!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

message 7: by Becky (new)

Becky | 24 comments Diane U wrote: "I would like to nominate:

A Time to Dance by Karen Kingsbury"

I love Karen Kingsbury she would be an awesome pick for the month so I nominate her too.

message 8: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Becky wrote: "Diane U wrote: "I would like to nominate:

A Time to Dance by Karen Kingsbury"

I love Karen Kingsbury she would be an awesome pick for the month so I nominate her too."

Which book by Karen Kingsbury are you nominating? The same one I did???

message 9: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1492 comments Mod
Does Nicholas Sparks qualify as "Chick Lit"? If so, I'd like to nominate The Lucky One. If not, I'll keep thinking.

message 10: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Most definitely! I am reading it now and I saw the movie so I know it's clean reading.

message 12: by Barbara (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1492 comments Mod
Diane U wrote: "Most definitely! I am reading it now and I saw the movie so I know it's clean reading."

Oh good, my daughter's been trying to get me to read it since she finished it.

message 14: by Lorie (new)

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
Here's the thing...I probably read a lot of these books but really don't know the Chick Lit genre per name much anyone got a place we can go to see some titles in this genre?

message 15: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Barbara Ann wrote: "Diane U wrote: "Most definitely! I am reading it now and I saw the movie so I know it's clean reading."

Oh good, my daughter's been trying to get me to read it since she finished it."

Now that I think about, in the movie, there was an intimate scene but I have not got that far in the book myself to say that (1) it is in the book or (2) how descriptive the scene gets. So if it is chosen, I think I may post a warning just in case so people do not get offended. I will have finished the book by then since my book club meets on June 14th.

message 17: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Today is the last day for nominations! Rachel will be picking July's group read tomorrow.

message 18: by Rachel (last edited Jun 15, 2012 01:00AM) (new)

Rachel Brand And the winner is...

#3 Hope Springs by Kim Cash Tate!

Thanks for nominating it, Margaret, I've heard some good things about this book :)

And if you click on the link to the title, you'll see that there's a GoodReads giveaway for 10 copies to members from the US!

message 19: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (njbookluvr) Great! I just read it so I'm looking forward to the discussion!

message 20: by Diane U (last edited Jun 19, 2012 05:46AM) (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Also, Hope Springs is available for review over on Book Sneeze (www.booksneeze.com) if you are not already reviewing a book for them. I am grabbing it!!!

message 21: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (njbookluvr) Diane U wrote: "Also, Hope Springs is available for review over on Book Sneeze (www.booksneeze.com) if you are not already reviewing a book for them. I am grabbing it!!!"

That's where I got it from, I forgot to mention that! LOL! Glad you found it!