Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Christian Fiction Group Reads > June 2012's Group Read - Missing (Love Inspired Suspense #229) by Lynette Eason

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane U (last edited Jun 01, 2012 05:20AM) (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments Her daughter is the most important person in Lacey Gibson's world. So when the girl disappears, Lacey will do anything to find her. Even track down a man she hasn't seen in sixteen years--U.S. Marshall Mason Stone, the father of her child.

Mason was perfectly content with his life until Lacey arrived. Her confession that their daughter--the daughter he didn't know they had--is missing shakes his carefully controlled world. But there's no time to adjust as they race to find their child, catch the kidnappers...and learn whether they can have a second chance at happily-ever-after.

message 2: by Jeanne (new)

Jeanne | 17 comments this books seems good---can't wait to start it but will be doing that next week-- will join the discussion. Glad this one was chosen!

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie (julieanne1) | 13 comments I just finished the book. I thought it was a good book, but was very predictable. I actually enjoyed her other book that we read, "When the Smoke Clears," a little more.

message 4: by Margaret (new)

Margaret (margarette) This was entertaining enough but I would rate it higher if actions of the characters had seemed more plausible to me. For example, how can a mother begin to think about romance when her child is missing and in danger? The writing was good and I did like the characters, so I'm sure I'll look for this author again.

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate (liahonagirl) I didn't like this one as much as I liked last month's choice When the Smoke Clears. That said, I enjoyed the suspense of the book, and even figured out whodunnit before it was revealed. I'm definitely putting Lynette Eason on my list of go-to authors.

message 6: by Lorie (new)

Lorie | 1324 comments Mod
I really enjoyed this book to. I thought someone had done it all through the book and so I was suprised when I found out I was totally wrong. so maybe guessing who done it was not so easy to figure out, for me anyways.

I loved her book we read last month, When the Smoke Clears too. I really am going to have to try out her other books!

We do not get much of a chance to know what happened when Lacey tried to tell Mason about the baby except he would not listen. Do you think Lacey should have tried harder to get him to listen? Do you think she should have told him after he had awhile to get over her? Like before the girl was 15 years old?

message 7: by Diane U (new)

Diane U (djuseless) | 1411 comments *** SPOILER ALERT!***

Remember, they were teenagers when she found out she was pregnant. Mason was hurt from what had happened between Lacey and his best friend, which was interpretted totally wrong. Mason was being pig headed. Once she was sent away, Lacey wanted nothing to do with going home so I can understand why she did not try to contact Mason.