ROBUST discussion

Andre Jute
This topic is about Andre Jute
Members' Books > IT'S THE ECONOMY, STUPID a Rhodes Scholar Education in One Hour by Andre Jute hits the bestseller list

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andre Jute (last edited Jun 01, 2012 04:44AM) (new)

Andre Jute (andrejute) | 4851 comments Mod
IT’S THE ECONOMY, STUPID 
a Rhodes Scholar 
Education in One Hour explains in under an hour what truly matters in this (or any other) Presidential election.

You’ll be able to identify the culprits responsible for economic theory and policy — and you’ll know why they’ve created this mess.

In other words, you’ll be as smart as Bill Clinton, the Rhodes Scholar for whom the catch phrase “It’s the economy, stupid” was coined.

IT’S THE ECONOMY, STUPID 
a Rhodes Scholar 
Education in One Hour

message 2: by Andre Jute (last edited Jun 01, 2012 04:48AM) (new)

The launch is supported by a bunch of
CoolMain Press books at hugely reduced prices, or free.

message 3: by Andre Jute (last edited Jun 01, 2012 04:56AM) (new)

Kathleen Valentine kindly invited me to launch IT’S THE ECONOMY, STUPID 
a Rhodes Scholar 
Education in One Hour on her Parlez-Moi Blog. I took the opportunity of explaining something about why I wrote the book, why it is so short, and why I priced so much expensive expertise at only 99¢.

I called the piece "Striking back with knowledge". Read it all at Kathleen's Parlez-Moi Blog.

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (patriciasierra) | 2388 comments Um, about that Eight Days in Washington cover...

message 5: by Andre Jute (new)

Save it for that that book's thread.

message 6: by Andre Jute (last edited Jun 01, 2012 04:44PM) (new)

Here's the tweet for IT’S THE ECONOMY, STUPID 
a Rhodes Scholar 
Education in One Hour if you want to send it out. Or retweet from the page; I'm @thrillsjute on twitter.:

IT'S THE #ECONOMY, STUPID Can 21K simple words make you as smart as Bill Clinton? 99¢ intro. http://parlezmoiblog.blogspot.ie/2012... #RT @Kathleen01930

message 7: by Andre Jute (new)

The cover, so you can recognise the book!

description

message 8: by Andre Jute (new)

The cover, so you can recognise the book! Click on the cover to get it at Amazon for 99¢.

description

message 9: by Andre Jute (new)

The cover, so you can recognise the book! Click on the cover to get it at Amazon for 99¢ and equivalents.

description

message 10: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (patriciasierra) | 2388 comments I like the way your cover turned out.

message 11: by Andre Jute (new)

IT'S THE ECONOMY, STUPID a Rhodes Scholar Education in One Hour, a little gem, hits the bestseller lists. It looks like quite a few people think that for 75p they can afford a Rhodes Scholar education!

Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#42 in Kindle Store > Books > Nonfiction > Politics & Current Affairs > Political History & Theory

message 12: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Beard (jabeard) One review claims you have a "reverence" for Marx. Unless I've incredibly misinterpreted your political and economic beliefs based on arguments you've made here, I find that a bit hard to believe.

message 13: by Andre Jute (last edited Aug 12, 2012 08:03PM) (new)

Too right, Jeremy. That reviewer is, from what else was said elsewhere, probably under thirty, and the recipient of a relativistic education. Whatever I may personally think of Marx, in a book of economic history I place him in his deserved and true context, not in the context in which I would like to see him (down the tubes). But there's a vast swathe of perfectly intelligent reviewers from perfectly reputable universities to whom fair treatment is the same as expressing a preference for the subject fairly treated. They've met only teachers who adhere to moral relativism; it is impossible for them to grasp that I hold to an objective truth and strive mightily for it, and that any other outlook will perforce destroy history itself.

I'll send you a copy of the book and you can look up Marx yourself -- in such a short book he receives only a couple of pages.

message 14: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Beard (jabeard) You've just neatly described many of the people I dealt with back when I was taking a lot of philosophy (my first stab at college was much more humanities oriented).

message 15: by Andre Jute (new)

It gets a bit disconcerting when someone introduces himself as a "scientist", and then tells you his feelings as if they are proven facts, and when you question him, tells you everyone's feelings=facts have equal value. That's the excremental non-thought that brought us SETI and global warming, which are religions, nothing to do with science.