flight paths discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2334 comments the year is reaching its zenith point.
are you happy with with your reading?

message 2: by Ellie (new)

Ellie (elliearcher) | 1244 comments Yes and no. I'm enjoying what I'm reading but my rate is slow. And I'm finding Gravity's Rainbow so difficult-I hate feeling dumb! But I was inspired by Going Gray : What I Learned About Beauty, Sex, Work, Motherhood to try it and it connected me with a wonderful book by Carolyn Heilbrun (a favorite of mine, both in literature and in mysteries) about life after 60 which is proving to be exactly the book I was looking for without knowing it!

message 3: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2334 comments Ellie wrote:...exactly the book I was looking for without knowing it!"

Do love it when that happens!

maybe you could try in your reading of GR, just picking up the pace a little. It would be a shame to get bogged down brcause this book is big fun if you dont let it intimidate you :-)

I finished The Sanctuary The Sanctuary by Raymond Khoury and began The Spot of Life by Austin Hall which was published in 1932, some 80 years before the sanctuary. Interesting contrast in the way a similar theme is handled.

I'm certainly enjoying The Soul's Religion Cultivating a Profoundly Spiritual Way of Life by Thomas Moore and still plodding my way through Simulations by Jean Baudrillard

message 4: by Ice, Pilgrim (new)

Ice Bear (neilar) | 756 comments Wrestling with Mantel A Place of Greater Safety: A Novel and Beyond Black, light relief The Black Book. Need some escapism so looking at the tbr pile and the library availability listings.

message 5: by Ice, Pilgrim (new)

Ice Bear (neilar) | 756 comments Purchased The Redbreast (Harry Hole, #3) by Jo Nesbø and Nemesis by Jo Nesbø . The issue of my tbr is that some people write reviews and I read them. For these books NYC comes to mind - you know who you are !! :-)

message 6: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 2334 comments Ice wrote: "Purchased The Redbreast (Harry Hole #3) by Jo Nesbø and Nemesis by Jo Nesbø. The issue of my tbr is that some people write reviews and I read them. For these books NYC comes to mind - you know who you are !! :-)"

all of a sudden, jo nesbo is the latest rage. we have sold evey copy we get within a day.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.