Go Green 2009 discussion

What you have to do 2 stay in the group

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (gogreen2009) | 40 comments Mod
to stay in this group you have 2 do 5 things a week to help the envio. it can be as small as turning off the faucet when u brush ur teeth but u have 2 have sumthing. and every week u will post what you did.Please tell all ypur friends about this group and get them started for this great cause.The person with the most things done will be out green leader for the following week

message 2: by Lynny (new)

Lynny (lynnyo4) | 17 comments Mod
this week i watched after all of the rooms in my house and turned off the lights when there was no one in the room, i also enforced recycling in our house, and my dad's house, then i made sure our school had a proper recycling program, i have yet to do my fifth thing.. i think i will go to the post office to make sure they have recycling! I AM SERIOUS ABOUT THIS ISSUE!

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Thanks Lynny you are in the lead right now to be the green leader! so plz plz keep working hard. Can you plz tell ur friends about this and get them hooked the way u are

Go Green

message 4: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) i enforce recycling at my house and i have my own paper recycling bag in my room. also, i have these pencils that r made out of recycled newspapers that i use instead of my regular pencils

message 5: by Melonz (new)

Melonz Lexi wrote: "i enforce recycling at my house and i have my own paper recycling bag in my room. also, i have these pencils that r made out of recycled newspapers that i use instead of my regular pencils"

yeah lexi :) me too

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Kulman (andreakulman) | 10 comments Hi everybody. I have the Green Garden App on Myspace it is to help save the rain forest. I log in every day and take care of my garden and others. I am so glad to see you all so excited about going GREEN. Woo Hoo!

message 7: by Mai-la (new)

Mai-la | 1 comments i recycle anything that can be recycled.
i always walk around my house and turn off lights and i even do it at my friends houses.
when it came to back to school shoppin i bought all recycled item: paper, pencil, binder, notebooks, and i even got a really cute recycled backpack made out of recycled products.

message 8: by Em (new)

Em i just bought 100 sheets of lined recycled paper and I recycle plastic, soda cans, newspapers, and mixed pape. i also turn off the lights when i leave my room (and i go into my sis's room and do the same) and I turn off my computer and unplug it when I leave for vacation.
I have yet to have the 5th thing so I'll keep looking!!

message 9: by Em (new)

Em Oh yah, my family and I try to eat organic foods.

message 10: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) same here em! my family and i try 2 eat organic foods...we have organic ketchup!

message 11: by Sam (new)

Sam I turn off the lights when no one's in the room and we're changing all of our light bulbs to the special energy-saving kind. We are also recycling aluminum cans and picking up litter.

message 12: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) i turn off the lights, TV, and fans when no ones in the room using them. also, our computer has a power saving mode so i always put it into that when im done using it or when i see it being unused

message 13: by Soon-yiHearto (new)

Soon-yiHearto this mis my list:

1. i turn off all the lights turning the day
2. i turn off all the lights when going 2 bed (i get out of bed 2 check if they r all off)
3. i turn off that fosit when im brushing my teeth.
4. i always recycle my papers when i dont need them any more
5. i recycle newspapers, plastic, soup cans, green glass, brown glass, white glass, soda cans, etc.

message 14: by Beth (new)

Beth Ignatova (luv2read4ever) | 9 comments My List:
1. turn of my radio after i walk out of my room.
2. unplug my smart clock (a clock that can set its self after being unplugged or after a power outage)
3. recycle extra paper that i no longer need
4. turnoff the light in my sibs room wen she is not in her room.
5. make sure every1 turns off the fosit wen brushing their teeth.

message 15: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Kulman (andreakulman) | 10 comments I don't know if any of you like to scrapbook, but I keep all of my cards from Christmas, birthdays, etc. so I can use those for my pages. :~D

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Okie Dokie!

1. I turned off the lights in my brother's room.
2. I unplugged my CD player after I used it.
3. I helped with the new recycling bins @ school
4. I hugged a tree :)
5. I turned the sink off between washing dishes

OMG I am Ah- mazing

Peace!

Annie

message 17: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Kulman (andreakulman) | 10 comments LOL- at hugging the tree. Too cute...

message 18: by Cat (new)

Cat (catrav77) | 12 comments 1. I set my parents T.V. to go off at a certain time so its not on all night.
2. I only have one light on when im reading instead of like, 3.
3. I turn the shower off in the middle of my shower (When your rubbing in the shampoo and when im putting shaving vream on) then turn it on only too wash out my hair
4. Recycled (At home and at School)
5. My Youth Group is now doing all updates online instead of sending paper every month.

message 19: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Kulman (andreakulman) | 10 comments Way to go Cat!

message 20: by Cat (new)

Cat (catrav77) | 12 comments YEAH! (I meant cream not vream)

message 21: by Cat (new)

Cat (catrav77) | 12 comments that sux

message 22: by Cat (new)

Cat (catrav77) | 12 comments ya, definetly!

message 23: by Nicole (new)

Nicole 1. i turned all lights off
2.i recycled a lot of paper
3.makes sure sink is still not running before i leave in the morning

message 24: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) iv started 2 go around the house and collect water bottles that have water still in them (the empty ones i recycle) then i water the plants w/ the water in them so we dont waste it! then i recycle the bottles once their empty

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

my room has two big windows, so i keep my lights off during the day, and try to turn off all the (unessesary) lights. i also just recycled all the empty shampoo bottles, and my acne med container. Austin just got the unsorted recycling, so now we can recycle almost all plastic as well as boxboard, cardboard, glass, newspaper, etc.

message 26: by Lynny (new)

Ok, this week,
I volunteered at the reycling center for 7 hours,
I kept my lights off everyday all day and all night, and i use the light in the kitchen for my homework while my mom is making dinner,
i picked up trash on the side of the road for a coupld of hours with friends,
i forced my mother to buy LED lights,
and i unplugged all electronics..
AND I GOT LOTSA PEEPS TO JOIN THE GROUP!
I LOVE OUR PLANET!!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

who doesn't?

and if you don't, who wants to die?

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

well, i'm not counting them, but i know a emo person who would definetly have issues w/dying. she's a hypocrite.

message 29: by Lauren (new)

GREAT JOD CREW, KEEP IT UP!

*******Lauren:p

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

i didn't say they were people, i just said that exept them and some other suicidal people, we want to live!!

oh yeah, now that the gas prices are lower, people have been buying SUVs again. why!?!?!

message 31: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Kulman (andreakulman) | 10 comments You are all doing so well with keeping it GREEN. WAY TO GO TEAM!!! I volunteered to collect popcans at my 8 year olds school. I returned them to the store and got .10 a can. I am in Michigan and we have bottle deposits. I know not all states do and that is a shame. It's a GREAT way to motivate people to recycle. My 18 year old daughter and her bf collect scrap metal from wherever- side of the road etc. and take it to a scrap yard where they actually pay her for the metal they bring in.

message 32: by Karina (new)

Karina well...i recylce paper and bottles and cardboard and cans and plastic and those little plastic lids.

we only have energy efficent lightbulbs in our house and have recyled lined paper. we don't have the water on while we bursh our teeth. we always have to turn of the lamps when they're not in use. oh and our bathroom only has one lightbulb instead of the four small ones...i think its beacuse the others ran out but nobody's changed it.

yeah...thats like all we do so far.

message 33: by Isabel (new)

Isabel | 20 comments My family got a new iron that shuts off automatically so that saves energy! Well i was on this website about frogs and reading a article about how to help them and it said to inform ppl of their endangerment so i made a website! It is
frogslive.synthasite.com

message 34: by Isabel (new)

Isabel | 20 comments I am thinking of ways to raise money to give to amphibian ark to help w/ the amphibian extinction crisis but all i can think of is a lemonade stand and since it is the middle of winter i dont think i would raise any money so do you guys have any ideas?

message 35: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) mayb u could do a hot chocolate stand instead! and offer marshmallows, candy canes, and whip cream 4 people 2 put in their hot chocolate

message 36: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) lol awesome!

message 37: by Isabel (new)

Isabel | 20 comments cool ideas

message 38: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) :D

message 39: by Sam (last edited Jan 12, 2009 02:39PM) (new)

Sam I'm using pencils made out of recycled denim! (Whatever that is)

message 40: by Lynny (new)

other stuff i did this week i enforced recycling in our local book store, and coffee shop, and ya.. just thought i would add those two before i forgot! :D lol Sam! I LOOOVE those pencils!! :D i'm out! i should go and pick some up...

message 41: by Beth (new)

Beth Ignatova (luv2read4ever) | 9 comments Lexi, i knew u would sugest hot chocolate. adding on 2 Lexi's idea maybe u could hav mini marshmellows also. if they're not vegetarian of course. mini marshmellows r yummy! sory i act al strange after school so ignore my strangeness if possible. :)

message 42: by Beth (new)

Beth Ignatova (luv2read4ever) | 9 comments mayb you could offer mini marshmellows with the hot chocolate, if u use Lexi's idea.

message 43: by Sam (new)

Sam It saves meat!

message 44: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) vegetarians cant have marshmellows cuz they have gelatin in them so they can eat them

message 45: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) lol

message 46: by Isabel (new)

Isabel | 20 comments I think i will do the hot chocolate stand but i dont know wat to charge. What do u guys think?

message 47: by Isabel (new)

Isabel | 20 comments oh yeah and b4 i forget this week i am shutting off lights that r not in use and i bought some of those recycled pencils!

message 48: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) i agree w/ hinata it depends on how big the cups r i guess

message 49: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (spacealien) 1. i turned off the faucet while my mom washed the dishes
2. took a REALLY short shower
3. turned off as most electricity things as i can
4. bought a flower
5. used a blanket instead of a heater

message 50: by Soon-yiHearto (new)

Soon-yiHearto 1. i kept my computer off when i wasnt using it
2. i shut the water off when i wash my face
3. i turn the water off when i brush my teeth
4. kept lights off when not in use
5. didnt let the water run when doin the dishes