Attention!all kid writers! discussion

Writers H-N > Madi's Writing

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Madelaine (new)

Madelaine Keam (thisistoostessful) Hi! I'm Madi! I love writing and have started writing like a million (or more likely 10) different books, but I try to focus on one at a time.

The story I'm currently working on is here:
http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3...

I also wrote a few poems and sometimes write poems when I'm bored at school. My poems can be found here:
http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3...

message 2: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (godwithus) Wow,i love both!The hunter book,why is it called that? Just curious

message 3: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (godwithus) ((check animal roleplay:p))

message 4: by Madelaine (new)

Madelaine Keam (thisistoostessful) Her mum is a hunter and she feels like she is used by her because of her abilities, making her a weapon. just realised I never really brought up the hunter thing in the rewrite.

message 5: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (godwithus) Ok,cool!thats really creative

message 6: by Madelaine (new)

Madelaine Keam (thisistoostessful) I've sort of been working on a story, and even though I only like to focus on one at a time this ones different from the style that I usually right in, so I was wandering what people thought.

--------------
Alice looked around in wonder. She was in the middle of a field, the dark lighting of the night made it seem endless. She looked towards the sky. The absence of stars made the moon seem like it was the centre of an endless abyss of nothing, veiled by the smoky clouds.

“Where am I?” She looked around again, hoping for some hint about her location, but she was alone.

The wind, she heard a soft voice flow past her, as it did a breeze of wind suddenly swept past, blowing her shoulder length red hair to the right.

The wind, she heard the voice again, maybe it wanted her to follow the wind. The breeze blew again, this time much stronger, almost knocking her off her feet.

“I guess I follow the wind then,” Alice sighed and began walking in the direction the wind was blowing. The feeling of cool grass between her toes made her suddenly aware that she wasn’t wearing shoes. She looked to her feet, confirming what she had just realised. She also noticed that she was wearing a long white dress, which was seemed strange, as she didn’t remember owning a white dress.

As Alice looked up she noticed the moons reflection on the ground.

“Water?” Alice sped up a bit, coming to a stop at the bank of a perfectly circular pond. She stared into the water, the darkness surrounding her made it seem like an endless, empty pit. In the centre of the pit was her. Her red hair cut off at her shoulders, her green eyes stared back at her with great interest, her pale skin seemed to mesh with the white dress that flowed down her body. She looked strange, like herself, but somehow wrong, different. Something wasn’t right, she just wasn’t sure what.

She tried to remember how she had gotten to this place, but her memories were faded, as if they were a movie she had seen many years ago.

How had she gotten here? And more importantly, where was she? Her parents must be worried. Did she even have parents? As if reacting to her thoughts the sun rose; she had never seen the sun rise so fast. Had she?

In front of her was a house, that hadn’t been there before, had it? Alice felt a strange tug, pulling her towards the building.

“Okay, okay. I’m going,” She mumbled to no one in particular. Whoever it was who kept telling her what to do, they were extremely pushy.

She moved to the door and entered the house. She was standing in a dark room empty, except for a single woman, kneeling in the centre, her face in her hands.

message 7: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (godwithus) I like it,its mysterious

message 8: by Madelaine (new)

Madelaine Keam (thisistoostessful) Thanks :)

message 9: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (godwithus) Sure;)