Clean Romances discussion

Looking For... > Romantic Comedy

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathy (last edited Jun 01, 2012 01:30AM) (new)

Kathy | 62 comments I've been in the mood lately for some fun Romantic Comedy Chick Lit type books. Below are just a few of the ones I've read and enjoyed and would love recommendations for any other great chick lit books, they don't have to be funny, but definitely on the lighthearted side. Thanks!

Twitterpated, The Icing on the Cake, Cross My Heart, Prank Wars, Masquerade, Divinely Designed, Love Me

message 2: by Rachael (new)

Rachael | 11 comments Cecelia Ahern is very creative with her romantic novels and some are very funny! My favourite is 'if you could see me now' for romance. For comedy, it would be 'thanks for the memories.' She's definitely worth a look.

message 3: by Rachael (new)

Rachael | 11 comments Oh and her most recent novel, 'the time of my life' is also very funny!

message 4: by trachelle (new)

trachelle | 3 comments i've been in the same rom-com mood! my list of good ones is: luck of the draw, minor adjustments, edenbrooke, the reluctant bodyguard, midnight in austenland, austenland, chasing mccree, not my type: a girlfriend's guide to doing it all wrong, the unofficial zack warren fan club, the list, pride and popularity, epic fail, kissing cousins,kiss in the dark, a better reason to fall in love,getting over garrett delaney, flat-out love, anna and the french kiss, the fake boyfriend experiment, putting boys on the ledge, blue eyes and other teenage hazards, what the doctor ordered, fools rush in, the actor and the housewife. i liked some of these more than others. some are ya books.

message 5: by trachelle (new)

trachelle | 3 comments i forgot to add: the boys next door and megan meade's guide to the mcgowan boys. all these books range somewhere between pg and pg-13. some have light christian themes and others don't. it's been awhile since i've read some of them sooo... there it is. *wink*

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 62 comments Racehel- Thanks for the recommendation, I'll go check out her books.

Trachelle- Thanks for the list, I've read some and really enjoyed them. I'll go check out the ones I haven't read yet. :)

message 7: by Nanci (new)

Nanci | 62 comments Kathy wrote: "I've been in the mood lately for some fun Romantic Comedy Chick Lit type books. Below are just a few of the ones I've read and enjoyed and would love recommendations for any other great chick lit b..."

I don't know if you have read any of Ally Carter's books but I think they are pretty funny and have some romance as well. The 1st in the Gallagher Girls series is "I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You" . Her other series begins with "Heist Society" Both of these series gave me laughs with a little romantic undercurrent. They are YA books but very fun. Lynn Kurland's books often give me some laughs. If you haven't read her, you are missing out. Love Came Just In Time is a compilation of some of her novellas and has some very fun stories. One of the ones that stand out as bringing me smiles is called The Very Thought of You.
Another author that always makes me laugh and smile while being very romantic is Judith Lansdowne. Her stuff is a little older and may be hard to find but she is so much fun to read. Balmorrow's Bride, The Bedeviled Duke, and Camilla's Fate are some of my favorites but all of her books are worth it in my opinion. Georgette Heyer is very witty in her books as well. Frederica is a good one to start with for some laughs and romance.

message 8: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Costa Viglucci (patcostaviglucci) | 52 comments I have two romances recently uploaded as ebooks. They are "The Connecticut Cowboy and the Riviera Runaway" which I term a romantic comedy and "Pride and Pretense" which also leans toward light comedy. One review said the latter was way too clean. They are certainly not "sex manuals" although the heroes and heroines display a healthy attraction for one another. Would love to get some feedback, but don't know how to deliver copies other than email. Also in the YA romance category, "Cassandra Robbins, Esq." deals with lots of issues, but no overt sex scenes. It received great reviews from ALA Booklist, Publishers Weekly among many others.

message 9: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 13 comments I'm interested in reading them. Email:
nicki.hans@gmail.com or can I get them free for Kindle?

message 10: by Molly (new)

Molly Snow (molly_snow) | 2 comments The Cinderella Project

This one is quite humorous and is written from a guy's point of view.