Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Inactive Meetup Groups > GMT-CET - Eurozone Folks

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Seawood (new)

Seawood Just a place to say hi, really - so far I've only seen one other person from the UK, one from Portugal and I know there are some German folks around too! So say hello if you're somewhere between Ireland and...and...where does Europe finish again? 3-4hrs east of GMT roughly, anyway. :)

message 2: by Lucy (new)

Lucy G | 10 comments Hi! I am GMT and in Britian.

message 3: by Kari (new)

Kari | 32 comments Hey everyone who gets on this list! lol

I'm in London, UK, meself :-)

message 4: by Joyce (new)

Joyce (DeirdreAstraia) | 4 comments Hi :) I am in Germany, originally from the Netherlands though (don't think I'll ever truly see Germany as my home, even though I've been here for almost 7 years now :P)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm in Germany too :)

message 6: by Lina (new)

Lina (tseeta) | 17 comments Another German here :-)

message 7: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (poppysocks70) Hi. I'm in Burton on Trent, UK.

message 8: by Alex (new)

Alex (trienco) | 80 comments One more Germ over here...

message 9: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 72 comments The Netherlands, present! ;)

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura (lorcoops) | 22 comments Somerset, UK :)

message 11: by Lucy (new)

Lucy G | 10 comments Rachel wrote: "Hi. I'm in Burton on Trent, UK."

Wow that is close I live in Stoke-on-Trent! Small world!

message 12: by Redvin (new)

Redvin | 1 comments Norwegian here

message 13: by Julie (new)

Julie (ju_j) | 5 comments I'm in Liverpool UK :)

message 14: by Pavlina (new)

Pavlina | 4 comments Hello everyone,

I'm a Bulgarian, but live in Erlangen,Germany :)

message 15: by Netanya (new)

Netanya (netanyac) | 6 comments Hi all, Dublin, Ireland here.

message 16: by Christine (new)

Christine (flummchen) | 19 comments Germany here.
I live near Hamburg.

message 17: by Seawood (new)

Seawood So let's see...so far we have:
7 in the UK
6 in Germany
1 in The Netherlands
1 in Norway
1 in Ireland

Not bad - keep 'em coming! Maybe we can work out how to do a hang-out sometime. :D

message 18: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine (lorinella) | 25 comments Hi! I'm from Norrköping, Sweden.

message 19: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 67 comments Manchester, UK now, from Surrey though :)

message 20: by Seawood (new)

Seawood Emy wrote: "Manchester, UK now, from Surrey though :)"

Oh hey, you're my nearest so far! I can get into the city in 35mins with a following wind and a clear M60 ;) Was a student there for ages.

message 21: by Mariana (new)

Mariana (marianaoccoelho) Hello there! I'm from Portugal :)

Caroline wrote: "Just a place to say hi, really - so far I've only seen one other person from the UK, one from Portugal and I know there are some German folks around too! So say hello if you're somewhere between Ir..."

My hometown stays west of Ireland and it's still Europe :P

message 22: by Seawood (new)

Seawood Of course it is. My apologies. I suck at geography!

message 23: by Mariana (new)

Mariana (marianaoccoelho) No problem, I was just being picky! ;)

message 24: by Seawood (new)

Seawood Not at all, you're absolutely right. I must admit I was worrying about the opposite end of Europe as I never know where the line is "supposed" to be and how people feel about it - heaven knows I get muddled enough about where *I* live!

message 25: by Mariana (new)

Mariana (marianaoccoelho) Yes, I can totally relate to that! I'm also not an expert in geography, but being born there it's easier to know about it! My hometown is almost in the middle of the Atlantic, there's not much Europe west of that :)

message 26: by Beth (new)

Beth | 35 comments I'm in London.

Out of curiosity, have any of the Europeans been able to watch the discussion live?

message 27: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 67 comments Caroline wrote: "Not at all, you're absolutely right. I must admit I was worrying about the opposite end of Europe as I never know where the line is "supposed" to be and how people feel about it - heaven knows I ge..."

I think the official end of Europe (one point at least) is Yekaterinburg in Russia - friend of mine went there while we were on our year abroad so she could say she had stood with one foot in Europe and one in Asia... :)

*Googles* Hmmm, yup - here's the spot!

message 28: by Seawood (new)

Seawood Beth wrote: "Out of curiosity, have any of the Europeans been able to watch the discussion live?"
At 5am?? With two little kids, ain't no WAY I'm getting up at that time unless I'm clearing up vomit..;-/

Emy wrote: "*Googles* Hmmm, yup - here's the spot!"
I see! That is interesting - a lot further East than I would have guessed, given the countries to the South. Thanks for that!

message 29: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 72 comments Beth wrote: "I'm in London.

Out of curiosity, have any of the Europeans been able to watch the discussion live?"

Yup, I've managed to get myself out of bed just a little before 5 AM so I could watch it and be in the IRC. Was a lot of fun, and a much better way to start my day than usual. I'll be doing it again.

message 30: by Lina (new)

Lina (tseeta) | 17 comments I got up at 5am too to watch the hangout, but as there are some stupid illogical laws here in Germany the live stream was blocked and I couldn't access it.

Anyways, just a quick question to the german (and possibly dutch) people: is anyone living somewhere close to Düsseldorf?
And to the scandinavian people: if you plan to have a hangout in mixed swedish-norwegian I'd love to participate as my norwegian could really do with a bit of brushing up ;) Though that might not be so fun for you to watch me searching for words... umm

For the Eurozone-hangout: rather than 5am maybe a better time would be around 9pm for CET which would mean 8pm in western europe and 10pm (or even 11pm?) in eastern europe? Or do you guys think that's too late?
Also I had a look at the whole hangout thing and it seems that a maximum of 10 people can participate actively in a google hangout, so we might have to split it up, or just see how many people actually show up at the set date and time.
Which brings me to my next question: do you guys think we should have the hangout before or after the ladies have their official live stream? In a way it would be nice to discuss the books without the previous influences as otherwise there's a chance we'll only discuss the things brought up in the live stream, but then again, we have the forums for pre-discussion so a hangout afterwards would be good. (Did that even make sense?) Also we wouldn't need to finish the books before the live stream.

message 31: by Alex (new)

Alex (trienco) | 80 comments Beth wrote: "I'm in London.

Out of curiosity, have any of the Europeans been able to watch the discussion live?"

Last time I did (without confusing my time zones). Still missed half an hour until I figured out what's going on with Youtube blocking it and how to work around it.

Of course it helps that I generally wake up at 4, can't sleep and finally give and get up at 5am anyway... including weekends. Even a screwed up sleep cycle can have its good sides.

Considering the time for a local hangout. I guess it should be a window that ends up between 7pm and 10pm, so the working crowd has a chance to get home from work before and get enough sleep after.

Maybe the day before "the" hangout. It would allow to bring up issues or questions that arise for the main hangout. Or post a quick summary of the local hangout on here to consolidate all the things that were talked about.

message 32: by Laura (new)

Laura Carr | 3 comments Hi, My name is Laura and I'm in Huddersfield, England. I'd be really interested in a local hangout, but can it be when the kids are in bed please? That would be awesome!

Who would be actually chatting? I don't think we can all chat at once can we? I have no idea how it all works.

Also, I thought about catching the hangout live, but over slept, I also have two children and I don't think I was ever that serious about the idea. I love watching it though. This is also the first time I've tried to read the reading material in time and I'm a slow reader, wish me luck! x

message 33: by Rune (new)

Rune | 43 comments I'm in southampton England :D

message 34: by Laura (new)

Laura (lawprice) | 6 comments Hey all, I'm in Liverpool, UK. :)

message 35: by Julie (new)

Julie (ju_j) | 5 comments Laura wrote: "Hey all, I'm in Liverpool, UK. :)"

Ooh that makes two of us then :D

message 36: by Clarissa Emiria (new)

Clarissa Emiria (rizzmeria) | 14 comments Copenhagen, Denmark for me :)

I have not figured out how to watch it live yet, but I do enjoy them after the fact :) I have yet to read any of the books though, I never was all that much into romance novels, but we'll see what happens :)

message 37: by Pavlina (last edited Jun 13, 2012 07:16AM) (new)

Pavlina | 4 comments Beth wrote: "I'm in London.

Sadly now.. It is way to late - early for me! :) I have to be up at 4am-5am to see it. I have to stay up very late or get up early, which I am terrible at :D

A European hangout would be really interesting, I am in! :)

message 38: by Sanne (new)

Sanne (ignes) Hello, one more from the Netherlands here. :)

message 39: by Megan (new)

Megan (megsimadic) | 23 comments Hey, I'm from Newcastle upon Tyne, UK :)

message 40: by Megan (new)

Megan (sparkle_jam) | 3 comments Hiya! I'm in South east Wales and so happy there's a whole bunch of European fans :D

message 41: by Emma (new)

Emma (welshserenity) | 8 comments Hiya, I'm in Swansea, Wales

message 42: by Katie (new)

Katie G (katiegillett) | 10 comments Hi

Another one for the UK, York if you want to be specific :)

message 43: by Jill (new)

Jill Edinburgh. Glad to see there are other Euro members who struggle with the live time too! Makes me feel a bit better about missing out.

message 44: by Claire (new)

Claire | 2 comments I'm a Brit in Switzerland. Based in Basel, so kinda close to some of you in Germany.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi! I'm form Germany too!!

message 46: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina (marusja) | 1 comments Hiya! A quick glance and I guess I can call dibs on being first Finn (?). To be more exact Turku, Finland :)

message 47: by Isabel (new)

Isabel (lierrevene) | 1 comments Hi everyone!
I live in Germany as well and I would really love to have a european-area online hangout some time! Did anything like that ever happen so far?

Also: Is it still a problem to access the live stream in Germany, are there any news? I have to admit that I'm a real noob to the Vaginal Fantasy Hangouts (but clearly addicted, I am watching all the previous hangouts at the moment) and I'd love to tune in on Oct. 30th, but now that I've read that there are issues, I wouldn't want to wake up at 5 a.m. just to realize it doesn't work..

kindest greetings from Stuttgart :)

message 48: by Fi (new)

Fi Miller | 75 comments Och Aye! One from Edinburgh, Scotland right here! ^_^

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

@Isabel: As far as i know you can now watch the live stream in Germany too. At least it worked when i tried it last time!

message 50: by Maren Daniela (new)

Maren Daniela (marendaniela) | 10 comments Berlin, Germany
Cologne, Germany
northern Schleswig-Holstein, Germany

anybody up for an actual local hangout near any of these locations and is/ has anybody (been) meeting online? I would really like to join them/ you! please let me know! thanx

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.