Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I love K-pop! My top two favorite groups are 2ne1 (#1 favorite) and SNSD (Girls' Generation). I also like 4Minute, f(x), Brown Eyed Girls, and T-ara. As you can see, all of my favorite groups are girl groups. I've listened to a few guy groups, but haven't really picked up on it. Does anyone else listen to K-pop?

message 2: by Cindy III (new)

Cindy III | 192 comments I also love K-pop and am probably kind of the opposite. I am a fan of some girl groups and more of male groups. I like all the groups you mentioned, and also Miss A, Sistar, Kara. Some of the male groups I like are: Shinee, B.A.P, Boyfriend, B1A4, Super Junior, TRAX (in Japanese and Korean), 2pm, 2am, F.Cuz, U-Kiss, Supernova, Big Bang, FT Island, Teen Top, and lots more.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I am seriously obsessed with 2ne1. I'm definitely a Blackjack.

I actually haven't heard of some of the bands you listed. I know of SHINee, Super Junior, and Big Bang. Also know Miss A, Sisyar, and Kara, but don't listen to them much.

message 4: by Cindy III (new)

Cindy III | 192 comments Some of the bands are new.

message 5: by Cindy III (new)

Cindy III | 192 comments Does anyone watch Music Core?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I am unfamiliar with that.

message 7: by Cindy III (new)

Cindy III | 192 comments Where I live it comes out on channel 18.3 around 4:50-5:00. It lasts about an hour and features different korean singers/groups. Right now it is hosted by three members of SNSD.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I could probably find episodes on Youtube. Of course, you can find anything on Youtube. lol

message 9: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments I looooove Girls' Generation "You better run run run run..." I love them!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Who's your favorite member? I love Sunny. She is so adorable.

message 11: by harshini (new)

harshini  (watchmeread) | 451 comments Sunny is my fav too, I love her parts as well! She is just soooo cute!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I also love Sooyoung and Jessica. Sooyoung is amazingly tall, and Jessica's voice is beautiful.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

message 14: by Hannah (last edited Jun 18, 2012 04:45PM) (new)

Hannah (faize) | 194 comments Hey, coolz song. But...are they alternating between English and Korean?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, they are.

message 16: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (faize) | 194 comments Oh. Cool:)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

A lot of K-pop artists do that. They also have some songs that are completely in English.

message 18: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (juvia_winter) | 195 comments I have never listened to K-pop. I will have to check it out. I liked your link to Be Mine. Thanks for the info:)

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

2ne1 is absolutely my favorite K-pop group. I also recommend SNSD.

message 20: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (faize) | 194 comments f(x) is pretty good.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree. I love their new song Electric Shock. The video is pretty amazing too.

message 22: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (juvia_winter) | 195 comments @Wednesday, I have listened to some K-pop and J-pop and I really like 2ne1. I have been listening to so much that my husband is starting to like it! Thanks for the recomendation :)

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

2ne1 has a new single being released on the 5th called I Love You. I'm really excited for it.

message 24: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (faize) | 194 comments Oh, cool. I have to go check that out:)

message 25: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (faize) | 194 comments I am very much enjoying this song right now:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH6Zwn...

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

The music video for I Love You is almost at 2 million views. I've watched it, and it's amazing. This is definitely one of my favorite 2ne1 songs.

message 27: by jenny (new)

jenny Hannah wrote: "I am very much enjoying this song right now:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH6Zwn..."

I liked this. Great song and super well-made video. Its like a mini movie.

message 28: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (faize) | 194 comments jee jee wrote: "Hannah wrote: "I am very much enjoying this song right now:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH6Zwn..."

I liked this. Great song and super well-made video. Its like a mini movie."

I know, right?! I thought it was awesome. And the CG was pretty impressive as well.

message 29: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (faize) | 194 comments There is another version of the song in Chinese, with a whole bunch of different CG effects. I like them both:)

message 30: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (faize) | 194 comments I watched the MV for Can't Nobody by 2NE1. Bom kinda reminded me of Christina Aguilera in that one:P

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Have you seen the video for I Love You? It's pretty amazing.

message 32: by jenny (new)

jenny The video for I Love You had nearly 7 million views when I watched it. Very entertaining video/song!

message 33: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (faize) | 194 comments I like the song a little more each time I hear it:)

message 34: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (goliath1357) | 7 comments I got into kpop in early 2012 (around the same time I got into Asian dramas). I am a huge fan of Big Bang, 2NE1, Wonder Girls, Girls Generation, Super Junior, EXO, SHINee, NU'EST, and a ton more :)