One For All and All For one discussion

1x1 > Panda and Dex

Comments Showing 1-50 of 76 (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Dexter, like a bau5 (last edited May 31, 2012 11:09PM) (new)

Dexter Swart (dexswart) | 1516 comments Mod
The world is set in pandemonium, no one knows how to do anything. Which is unfortunate.

message 2: by Dexter, like a bau5 (new)

((PANDA?!))

ღPanda Girlღ | 104 comments ((Sorreh! I was busy with family stuffs. Okay! So how many characters should we have each and do you want make really simple bios, or long detailed kind?))

message 4: by Dexter, like a bau5 (new)

((Simple, then expand on the RP!))

ღPanda Girlღ | 104 comments (Okies, I post mine first then. should we start off with one each and then add more as we go along, or just have all the characters now?)

message 6: by Dexter, like a bau5 (new)

((Add Moreau we go (: ))

ღPanda Girlღ | 104 comments 8) kay

name- Ruby Fairway
age- 18
gender- female
looks-

persona- she's generally a sweet girl, but isn't afraid to fight for her family and friends. Her number one concern is to keep'em safe

message 8: by Dexter, like a bau5 (last edited Jun 03, 2012 06:59PM) (new)

Name: Charlie Douglas

Appearance: longish tousled brown hair, green eyes, tall, muscular, angular face and a strong jaw.

Everything else will be revealed.

ღPanda Girlღ | 104 comments (nice, should i start us off? 8))

message 10: by Dexter, like a bau5 (new)

((Please do! (: ))

message 11: by ღPanda Girlღ (new)

ღPanda Girlღ | 104 comments (8))

The sun was rather high in the sky, shining down with such intensity that Ruby kept taking a sip from her canteen every other minute. Her clothes were not only itchy, but glued to her skin by her sweat, but that didn't stop her from working in the corn fields. It was so hot outside, unbearably so, but she had no other choice since it was her day to work from dawn to dusk. Though, the corn fields always creeped her out, mainly because she never could tell who else was in there with her, picking the corn along with her. She knew there were was at least two dozen people, but it was hard to tell where they were, not that it should really matter. Ruby just was paranoid on what could happen in a corn field.

However, that wasn't the worse part for Ruby. What was worse was doing the manual labor. Not too long ago, Ruby used to own a robot that did everything for, allowing her to do absolutely nothing for years. But then, it happened. There was a shift and all technology ceased to work, forcing all humans to start doing everything for themselves again. Ruby hated it. She wanted the world to shift back so she could go back to sitting in her cold, air conditioned room and read a book while some other robot did this tedious job in a creepy cornfield.

message 12: by Dexter, like a bau5 (new)

Charlie was walking, holding his gun steadily, looking over the fields. He was new to the area, transferred from another sector. He moved over to a young child and started yelling at him. "Faster! Move!" He hit the kid, making him fall to the hot earth. He used to hate his job. Hated having to force people to work. He's used it now, he's even started to like it, having power, being respected. It was perfect.

message 13: by Dexter, like a bau5 (new)

((Hello?))

message 14: by ღPanda Girlღ (new)

ღPanda Girlღ | 104 comments (Sorreh, I'm making detailed characters for another rp on the side)

Ruby heard someone cry out in pain, making her drop her basket as she turned and headed to the noise. Her brows with furrowed, knowing the only reason anyone would cry out like that. The men who patrolled the fields, keeping an eye on them to make sure none of them stole an of the food-they always abused the people. Reaching the fallen child, she went to her knees even if it pained her. "Are you alright? Come now, no need to cry. Up to your feet, we have work to do," she said, pointedly ignoring the officer there.

message 15: by Dexter, like a bau5 (new)

"Get away from him. Now" Charlie growled. "He deserved it. Now get back to work!" He bellowed. "I will make an example of him, and you if you don't!" There was no room for insubordinance in this world.

message 16: by ღPanda Girlღ (new)

ღPanda Girlღ | 104 comments Ruby scowled, but didn't look at him as she helped the boy to his feet. He was hardly a teenager and there was this cold hearted man treating him like this. Though, she did her best to keep her anger in check as she said, "Do your best to work hard. Here, make sure to drink your water, work hard, understand?" She never understood the cruelty of these officers.

message 17: by Dexter, like a bau5 (new)

"Go!" He said, aiming his gun at the boy. "Go, girl, or else. He won't be much for the crows, but at least they'll eat well. Unlike us" He said, his voice hard. He though back to when he was younger. To when technology did everything. He never in his wildest dreams thought he'd be saying things like this. He was barely a man himself, but it was necessary, one day, people will understand.

message 18: by ღPanda Girlღ (new)

ღPanda Girlღ | 104 comments Ruby pulled the boy behind her, her eyes burning into him with anger. The gun terrified her, knowing just how much harm it could cause someone, also knowing full well this man would use it on her. She couldn't afford to be harmed, not when she was the only one in her family who could work such long hours. With that thought in mind, she turned and pushed the boy away from the officer to get him to work again.

message 19: by Dexter, like a bau5 (new)

Charlie watched her. "You. Come back here. Now" He called. He wanted to speak with her. Charlie Douglas wasn't a cruel man, but he was very serious about his work. It was for the good of the people.

message 20: by ღPanda Girlღ (new)

ღPanda Girlღ | 104 comments "Go, now," Ruby whispered to the boy before turning back around to face the man who thought he was better than everyone else. She glanced at the gun, but refused to look afraid of him.

message 21: by Dexter, like a bau5 (new)

"Come with me. To the camp" He said seriously. Charlie then started walking towards the camp in the middle of the field. Where people were being punished, and where the officers lived.

message 22: by ღPanda Girlღ (new)

ღPanda Girlღ | 104 comments Ruby held her head up high, following after him. She knew where he was leading, having been there before. After all, this wasn't the first time she stood up to an officer, though she tried not to as it always worried her family.

message 23: by Dexter, like a bau5 (new)

As they reached the camp, he walked past the torture area. To the tents that we're set up as rest bunks. "Follow me" He said over his shoulder, finally reaching his tent, he sat down on his bed and pointed at the chair next to it. "Sit down" He said bluntly, laying his gun next to him.

message 24: by ღPanda Girlღ (new)

ღPanda Girlღ | 104 comments Ruby frowned, rather confused when he walked right on past the torture area. Arriving at his tent, she raised a brow at him before looking at the chair. She went to sit down in the chair, but said nothing to him as she did so.

message 25: by Dexter, like a bau5 (new)

"What's your name?" Charlie asked softly. He wasn't here to hurt them. He was here to help them survive. She didn't realise it.

message 26: by ღPanda Girlღ (new)

ღPanda Girlღ | 104 comments "Ruby Fairway," she replied, not lowering her guard. She could only look at him in suspicion, as there was no reason for her to trust the officers. All they ever did was hurt everyone in the town in just about every way possible. There was no room to trust any of them ever doing the right thing.

message 27: by Dexter, like a bau5 (last edited Jun 03, 2012 09:36PM) (new)

"Ruby" He repeated, memorising the name. "I know you might not think that I'm trying to help, but really, I just want you all to survive" He said softly, knowing his words were only half true. He wasn't here to help. The Government sent them to take away food. To supply the cities. He was sent here to finish off all the "worthless country folk".

message 28: by ღPanda Girlღ (new)

ღPanda Girlღ | 104 comments "Yes, by beating us to the ground, literally. That helps us a lot," she replied bitingly. "All you do is walk around with a gun, telling us you're just protecting us. You do nothing but hold a gun, walk around, and beat us if we're not moving fast enough, working fast enough..."

message 29: by Dexter, like a bau5 (new)

"My family died. Everyone of them. From starvation. I almost did too. Do you know what it feels like to go to bed with nothing? To wake up with even less? It's not pleasant. Neither is the fact that there was enough food. But the Government's farm refused to feed us. We didn't work hard enough. Do you want that to happen to you?" Charlie retorted bluntly. "I was only twelve. Twelve!" He said, remembering the pain of hunger.

message 30: by ღPanda Girlღ (new)

ღPanda Girlღ | 104 comments "And life is so much better here? We work before the sun even rises, to long after it sets and yet we barely get enough food to survive. We barely get enough clean water to work throughout the day," she said calmly, not much sympathy towards him. "Face it, we both have sob stories, officer, but that doesn't give you the right to beat us around! That child was only ten. He didn't move fast enough because he's tired, hungry, and thirsty. Then you beat him to the ground and say it's because you're trying to help us? How is that helping anyone?" As Ruby spoke, she looked him straight in the eyes, her body trembling a little in anger.

message 31: by Dexter, like a bau5 (last edited Jun 04, 2012 02:16PM) (new)

"This isn't about you. It's about the greater good. Y'all have it easy here. Its out of season right now, things will be better soon" Charlie took a deep breath. "And I'm sorry to tell you that I didn't make the rules. I just I Enforce them" A servant came in, and set down his plate of food. It was filled with a great variety of food. Charlie watched the servant go, then turned to Ruby. "As I was saying...."

message 32: by ღPanda Girlღ (new)

ღPanda Girlღ | 104 comments Ruby looked at the plate of food, rolling her eyes as she scoffed, "Yes, abusing us is for the greater good. Cut the crap, you're just a dog, wagging his tail for his treat." She hardly even got half of what was on that tray. Easy in there? Maybe for him, but not for the workers.

message 33: by Dexter, like a bau5 (new)

Charlie laughed and nodded. "Okay, then. Eat it. C'mon. It's all yours." He pushed the plate over towards her. He wasn't that hungry. "Dogs can share too"

message 34: by ღPanda Girlღ (new)

ღPanda Girlღ | 104 comments Ruby raised a brow at him. "And why would a dog share with a worker?" she asked, hesitating on taking anything from the plate.

message 35: by Dexter, like a bau5 (new)

"It might not seem so, but I'm human too" Charlie says solemnly. "I'm probably not much older than you are. Yes, I am cruel, but I'm no one to condemn any of you to death" He looks into Ruby's eyes. "How old are you, Ruby?"

message 36: by ღPanda Girlღ (new)

ღPanda Girlღ | 104 comments Ruby looked right back into his eyes, replying, "Eighteen." Her voice was cold and distant as she recalled her birthday just a couple months ago. Normally, on her birthday, it would be a huge event with all her friends, tons of gifts, and so much food that it would make you sick. However, her past few birthdays were hardly noticed. Her parents would wish her a happy birthday and give her an extra chunk of bread for dinner. There was no cake, no big family dinner, no singing...nothing.

message 37: by Dexter, like a bau5 (new)

"There you go" Charlie pushed the plate towards her. He took a small bite of everything. "See? All edible, nothing to make you sick. I promise. I'm really no more important that you are, Ruby. I'm just a normal teenager, in abnormal circumstances" His smile was warm and genuine. He knew he shouldn't be lying to the girl, if anyone found out of his kindness towards her, he'd be killed for insubordinance immediately.

message 38: by ღPanda Girlღ (new)

ღPanda Girlღ | 104 comments "I don't want your food. I'm perfectly happy with the food that is waiting for me at home," Ruby said coldly, not trusting him one bit. It was because he was an officer, and she knew better than to trust one even if a part of her wanted to believe he was a good one. "If I'm not going be tortured, I would like to go to the corn field to finish working and then return home to my family." Her stomach grumbled, making it obvious she wanted the food, but the way she was looking at him, he would have to force feed her.

message 39: by Dexter, like a bau5 (new)

"Now, now, Ruby. Let's not get too pushy" Charlie warned her, eyes soft. "I'm really like you in a lot of ways. C'mon, please? Just a little bite?" He held up a forkful off chicken to her mouth. "It's chicken..."

((LOL))

message 40: by ღPanda Girlღ (new)

ღPanda Girlღ | 104 comments Ruby turned her face away from him, not saying anything in response. She wasn't going to eat it no matter how much he pushed her to do so.

message 41: by Dexter, like a bau5 (new)

"Suit yourself" Charlie shrugged, then started eating, his table manners impeccable. "So, you have anything to ask me?" He inquired in a friendly manner.

message 42: by ღPanda Girlღ (new)

ღPanda Girlღ | 104 comments Ruby looked back at him, crossing her arms over her chest. She shifted uncomfortably in her seat, wanting to just get out of there. "Why are you doing this? Why did you bring me here?"

message 43: by Dexter, like a bau5 (new)

"I brought you here, because, I need someone to take into officer training" Charlie confessed. "You stand up for what's right. I don't. I'm flawed. Please, do this, I'll make sure you can lead your people. I'll get out of you life as soon as your done training. Please, I had to execute two people at another camp because they didn't want to save others. They abused their power. I know you wouldn't do that. Would you?"

message 44: by ღPanda Girlღ (new)

ღPanda Girlღ | 104 comments Ruby stared at him in surprise, but at the same time looked at him as if he had just sprouted another head. Did she just hear him correctly? "Be an officer? Be one of you? You're kidding, right?" she said unbelievingly. "I'm not like you at all. I'm not like any of you. I don't follow orders, and I don't wag my tail like an obedient little dog. What makes you think they would even allow me to be one?"

message 45: by Dexter, like a bau5 (new)

"They'd listen to me. I'm leader of the Officer's Union for the East. Please, I actually have faith in you to do the right thing" He smiled. "I'm seventeen. I turned seventeen last month. I know I seem bitter. But please, if you did this properly, you'd save your family. They'd be taken care of. This is your only offer, if you don't take it, then it's field work for you. And your family to boot"

message 46: by ღPanda Girlღ (new)

ღPanda Girlღ | 104 comments At the mention of her family having a better life, Ruby perked up. Well, not perked up, but she was paying closer attention to him. "How would they be taken care of? How do I know you're not lying about it?" she asked.

message 47: by Dexter, like a bau5 (new)

"What would I get out of it? How will it help me in any way?" Charlie retorted. "They'd be given better housing. Food. Food like this. Food that you just turned down" He knew at sometime, she'd had to crack. "As soon as you come with me, just for training, they'd be bumped up. Training doesn't even take that long. And you'll be in the city"

message 48: by Dexter, like a bau5 (new)

((Is this RP okay? Am I doing ok? ))

message 49: by ღPanda Girlღ (new)

ღPanda Girlღ | 104 comments (8) Yeah, you're doing great! I like the way it's going.)

Ruby couldn't believe what she was hearing. It was too good to be true, but how could she be an officer when she hated them all? No, that shouldn't matter, not when her family would have a better life just because of it. Sitting up a little straighter, she looked him in the eyes and said, "Okay...okay, fine. Take me to the training. I'll be an officer," she said, believing it was now or never.

message 50: by Dexter, like a bau5 (new)

((It's an interesting one! Thanks : D ))

Charlie smiled. "Well then! Any other family working in the fields? Oh, my name is Charlie, by the way" He got up, saluted, picked up his gun, then extended his hand to her. "Lots go get your family. Take them to their new house?"

« previous 1