Darynda Jones Fans discussion

Darynda Jones News > Cover Reveal for Darklight #2

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dana, Founder (new)

Dana Alma (readaholics) | 1174 comments Mod
Check out the cover for book 2 in Darklight series by Darynda Jones.
YA

Death, Doom and Detention

message 2: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Oh, death and detention...

message 3: by Dana, Founder (new)

Mel wrote: "Oh, death and detention..."

Interesting right?

message 4: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Yeah, detention can bore the kids to death which causes the kids to drive the teachers crazy (or near heart failure). Trust me...I speak from experience. Many comical outcomes when looked at from outside or while reflecting.

message 5: by Dana, Founder (new)

I think Detention only works for elementary. The thought of not going outside horrifies them, but the older crowd could care less.

message 6: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) I think it looks like your avatar and Ian Somerhaulder. Cute!

message 7: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Dana wrote: "I think Detention only works for elementary. The thought of not going outside horrifies them, but the older crowd could care less."

Dana, you are correct that detention works best in elementary but middle school kids will whine and throw temper tantrums when their recess is taken away...HORMONES yuck!

message 8: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Cindy wrote: "I think it looks like your avatar and Ian Somerhaulder. Cute!"

Cindy, the girl on the cover does look like Dana's avatar...great observation.

Traci (Mad Hatter Reads) (traci-madhatterreads) | 609 comments Mod
The cover looks great!!!

In my middle school if you had detention they had a lunch table set up along the wall away from the rest of the tables and you had to sit there with your back to the rest of the students through the entire lunch period for however many days (usually 3) you were assigned. I got detention once and it was humilating.

message 10: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments We don't have detention here. Not sure if it's only the american model or if we don't have the usual model. Teachers can punish you by throwing you out or make you seat somewhere else by yourself, but we don't get that sort of thing. If the student really misbehaved then they get a message/phone call to the parents.

message 11: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vicki_lp) | 217 comments Mod
Love it

message 12: by RIN ಠ_ಠ (new)

RIN ಠ_ಠ (wriggrin) Beautiful! I'm so glad they had the same model as the first cover. Love her hair color. :)

message 13: by Dana, Founder (new)

Hellz, if I had to take detention with a hot guy, like I'm sure Death will be, I'd make sure to misbehave everyday!

message 14: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments Dana wrote: "Hellz, if I had to take detention with a hot guy, like I'm sure Death will be, I'd make sure to misbehave everyday!"

I guess it just depends on what type of education you're aiming at ;P

message 15: by Dana, Founder (new)

I like your way of thinking,Ines!

Dana wrote: "Hellz, if I had to take detention with a hot guy, like I'm sure Death will be, I'd make sure to misbehave everyday!"

LOL Dana!!! Gotta make sure to get some "one-on-one tutoring" with him too :)

message 17: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Ladies, you are too fun...wish I thought this way in school. :p

message 18: by Cindy (last edited Jun 02, 2012 04:45PM) (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) My school was very strict. We had a dress code, manner code and blah, blah, blah. Our High School was the size of a Junior Collage. We had a park inside our school and I knew where all the good hiding places were. I never was busted for any of my crimes. }:)

message 19: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) Mel wrote: "Ladies, you are too fun...wish I thought this way in school. :p"

I think it would be fun if we were all in high school together...talk about a clique. We would raise He!! Teachers would FEAR us! LOL I'm class clown...who are you!

Cindy wrote: "Mel wrote: "Ladies, you are too fun...wish I thought this way in school. :p"

I think it would be fun if we were all in high school together...talk about a clique. We would raise He!! Teachers w..."

Wouldn't that have been great! I have to admit to being Little Miss Smarty-Pants in the front row (think Hermione Granger-yep that was me) :) Course I needed the academic scholarship to go to college (and get out of small town Oklahoma...so why am I here in even smaller town Oklahoma? Oh yeah...husband...gah, MEN!!! Doesn't he realize I'm a city girl?) :)

message 21: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Me in my school years, I was the quiet, shy goody two shoes type. Now, I would still be a quiet risk taker...not too serious but not too wild just fun.

message 22: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) We have got to get Dana in on this...I think she'd push the line...and step over just for the He!! of it!

message 23: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments I was a good student but I hardly paid attention (the same in University) so I tended to be in the back of the class to try and pass unnoticed. Of course it doesn't work if you keep cracking jokes and making everyone around you laugh. I think I probably was a class clown like Cindy :)

message 24: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments I would love to do some He!! raisin' now, Cindy! When can we all get together and tear up a town, any town?

message 25: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) Party central is NOLA or RIO! I think we could make a dent in either of those!

message 26: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Whichever is easiest for everyone and when? We could have a blast!

message 27: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (vicki_lp) | 217 comments Mod
Oh wait, we're having a party now?! Sweeeeet!

We so need to get together! Beware any town that we end up in! We should think about New Mexico so that we can tempt Darynda to join us! :)

message 29: by Stephanie (last edited Jun 05, 2012 04:07PM) (new)

Stephanie (thirstyflea) | 223 comments I'm voting for Rio! Um, dark handsome men with accents, and who know how to dance?!? Who could resist that kind of eye candy?!?

message 30: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Stephanie wrote: "I'm voting for Rio! Um, dark handsome men with accents, and who know how to dance?!? Who could resist that kind of eye candy?!?"

Uh oh, what happens in Rio stays in Rio...

message 31: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) Mel wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "I'm voting for Rio! Um, dark handsome men with accents, and who know how to dance?!? Who could resist that kind of eye candy?!?"

Uh oh, what happens in Rio stays in Rio..."

Lots of evil grinning now!
Bwahahahaha }:)

message 32: by Dana, Founder (new)

Traci wrote: "We so need to get together! Beware any town that we end up in! We should think about New Mexico so that we can tempt Darynda to join us! :)"

Oh, the tales we could tell!

message 33: by Anjana (new)

Anjana (vasananjana) | 2 comments I just finished reading Death and the Girl Next Door and I loved it!

I can't wait to read the next book!!!