Shoujo Manga Book Club discussion

Skip Beat!, Vol. 1
This topic is about Skip Beat!, Vol. 1
Manga > Skip Beat Characters

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

This is where we can talk about any of the characters in Skip Beat. Who's your favorite? Your least favorite? Who do like or not like them? Please, only talk about the first volume, since that is the only volume we are reading this month.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I personlly liked Kyoko when gets mad ^^
Sho is sort of ok cahracter for me

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't like that she went a little overboard, but I love that she was very persistant and determined. I didn't think she was going to get anywhere since her motives for joining shobiz were a little skewed, but but she never gave up.

Sho is a narcissistic jerk. I don't care for him.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Oooh, that totally true

Priscila Patatas (priscila18) | 6 comments I really love Kyoko, she's really like me (well, except for being dense in romance). She's a fighter, never gives up. The only problem is that she's too naive.
And I'm a huge fan o Ren, but honestly, who isn't?!

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

She really develops as the series continues. I'm on volume 4, and she's still a little naive, but she's getting better.

Priscila Patatas (priscila18) | 6 comments I know! She's so awesome! I've already read all there is of Skip Beat and I just can't get enough! I have to bite my fingernails just to read a chapter that comes, sadly, once a month!

Konna | 7 comments I like Kyoko,I especially when she gets mad. I've read up until volume 23, but I'll continue it with the first chance. But, to be honest, my most favorite character is Ren. In the point that I am in the series we get to learn something of his backstory and it's so difficult not to like him.

message 9: by BookWonder* (new)

BookWonder* (bookwonder) | 40 comments I love Kyoko's perseverance in Showbiz, when she gets angry, and her skills in acting. Ren Tsuruga is also awesome, especially since he's the type to get quiet-angry. I like his perfectly-rehearsed smile when he's angry. :P

Ipshita (miss_romanceaholic) | 37 comments I have read the manga up till vol.27, but haven't seen the anime yet. Is the anime good?

message 11: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (juvia_winter) | 195 comments The anime is really great. I love both the opening and ending songs (they are really catchy to me). It is only about 26 episodes and it does not go as far as the manga goes into the story(at volume 27 you are probably farther in the story than the anime goes). It does stay fairly true to the manga but there are some small changes. If you like the manga then you will like the anime.

message 12: by Jean (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jean (otakumom) I wish they would put out another season of the anime. Love it!

message 13: by Jamie (new)

Jamie (juvia_winter) | 195 comments I know! I enjoyed it so much. It would be great if they could at least catch up to where the manga is.