Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Liz H's May from Graduation Land

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Sorry I stole your idea Barry, but I couldn't help myself!! May for me was filled with all things high school graduation, from parties, to ceremonies and back to parties. Most of what I read was drivel, but I needed it since I couldn't really keep my mind on the plots.

I need a break from CJ Box, Nora is always good. Hoping to start up again with Lucas, I think I am only on #13. I am currently reading Defending Jacob, but just isn't doing it for me. Maybe I need more drivel...

38. Winterkill by C.J. Box 5-4-12
39. The Last Boyfriend by Nora Roberts 5-7-12
40. Trophy Hunt by C. J. Box 5-11-12
41. The Witness* by Nora Roberts 5-17-12
42. Home Again by Mariah Stewart 5-23-12
43. Almost Home by Mariah Stewart 5-26-12
44. Fade to Midnight by Shannon McKenna 5-28-12

message 2: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3614 comments congratulations on the graduation!

message 3: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Jun 01, 2012 04:46AM) (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7883 comments I enjoyed The Witness and am looking for my next Nora Roberts. I haven't read her series in awhile; maybe I'll try the Innsboro trilogy since Ann and now you have dipped a toe in the waters.

message 4: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Congrats on the graduation!!!

message 5: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Thanks all on the congratulations. He is the baby so there is lots of emotion with this one. The Inn Boonsboro trilogy is just ok. She has much better series tho. But I love anything Nora so I think it is still good.!!

message 6: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3533 comments congrats on the graduation. I have the nora books on the nook. I hope to get to them soon. loved the first of the inn books when I read it. I didn't get to go see my favorite ubs lady yesterday at the flea market my sister didn't want to go and said if I wanted to go on my own I could but wasn't up to it. plus knew I would be heading home soon. guess now I'll have to wait to the weekend of the 4th of july for the next flea market

message 7: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14396 comments Congrats on the graduation of your baby, Liz!!
That is a heart wrenching and exciting time! Nora is always good for times like that.
I wasn't able to get a library copy of The Last Boyfriend yet, so it will be a while before I get to the Inn Boonsboro again. The first one was worth reading, I love the architectural details but the story is fairly predictable so far; then again, that is a good comfort read sort of thing, isn't it?

message 8: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Nora is always at least a comfort, if not a great read. That is why I usually drop everything to read her.

message 9: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3533 comments if I ever catch up with my grp reads I hope to get the new books in of nora before I get foo far behind.

message 10: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7883 comments LizH wrote: "Nora is always at least a comfort, if not a great read. That is why I usually drop everything to read her."

Exactly. I can't read her back-to-back much, but sometimes she is just what the doctor ordered. That's why The Witness was a perfect vacation read.

message 11: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3533 comments I still have to read the witness and also the last boyfriend. I'm hoping in july I'll get to them.

message 12: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Nora is great on vacation, but her books like vacations, go so fast, lol!

message 13: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14396 comments DJ: The Witness is on the way to the library for me now! The Last Boyfriend is taking longer (though I requested The Witness ages ago.)
Donnajo wrote: "I still have to read the witness and also the last boyfriend. I'm hoping in july I'll get to them."

message 14: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Congrats!!

message 15: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Thank you!

message 16: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14396 comments Liz:
I listened to Defending Jacob so that made it less likely I would drop it early on, and really liked it in the end. After the drivel ;) maybe try it again.
LizH wrote: " I am currently reading Defending Jacob, but just isn't doing it for me. Maybe I need more drivel..."

message 17: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3533 comments defending jacob for me is going to be a sept needlepoint book group read. I already got it for for the nook.

message 18: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Donnajo,
Couldn't do Defending Jacob, just not the right time. I tried 2 different times, but I guess it's just not for me. Lots of people raved tho...

message 19: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3533 comments we were saying today at stitch and chat how it's a sept read for us and the one women who just I guess started working there said she read it and another asked how it was and she just shook her head. so it didn't seem she liked it.