Shut Up & Read discussion

Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1)
This topic is about Anna Dressed in Blood
Archives > Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake - June

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheri, Bookworm (last edited May 31, 2012 06:07PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sheri | 12348 comments Mod
Just your average boy-meets-girl, girl-kills-people story...

Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead.

Here are a couple of questions to get the discussion started. I haven't read this yet, so if you have any more questions to add, feel free!

What do you think of Cas?

What do you think of Anna?

Feel free to discuss the book as you go, but please use SPOILERS for those of us who haven't gotten this far!!! (Check out the 'some html is ok' box above the post box for spoiler tags.)

Don't forget to enter the June BotM contest!
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

message 2: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bought this on Amazon today for $2.99!
http://www.amazon.com/Anna-Dressed-in...

Same price on B&N:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/anna-...

Kari OMG. I LOOOVED this book! It reminded me of the tv show Supernatural a little bit.

Cas was fantastic. The author wrote his character really well.

Anna was ok. I am anxious to have her in the next book a little more. I did like her, but wanted a little more.

message 4: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm planning on reading it this weekend :)

message 5: by Amos (new)

Amos Cassidy | 149 comments It's not out on kindle in the Uk till the 5th July!!! Argh!!!!!

message 6: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

You need to move to a new country!! Although it seems like most books come out in the US way before other countries. I wonder why that is?

So I don't get why Amazon has two different sites for the UK and US...

message 7: by Amos (new)

Amos Cassidy | 149 comments I don't know why but it is really really frustrating grrr...

I am okay at the moment though, have a huge list of books to read so will keep myself busy until its out and then, BANG, I'll download it!

message 8: by Tatum C. (new) - added it

Tatum C. Rose (tatie_in_wonderland) | 12 comments Just started reading, I'm about 5% into it, I didn't read a single review before buying this on amazon (can't go too terribly wrong for $2.99) I'm really liking it! I'm tempted to stay up and keep reading despite how early I have to get up in the morning...ahh, I wish I could just read 24/7 and catch up on my tbr list :-p
I'm super stoked to keep reading, this book drew me in from page one!

Elise (redentrapy) | 246 comments I read this awhile ago. One of my favorite books. I love Anna. Here's my review.
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 10: by Tatum C. (last edited Jun 03, 2012 08:34PM) (new) - added it

Tatum C. Rose (tatie_in_wonderland) | 12 comments 31% in (chapter 11)
For some reason I can't picture Cas very well, I just don't have a strong mental image of what he looks like and I'm realizing that it is kind of important for me to see the characters in my head.

And Anna...Anna is a bad ass, I actually find myself gripping my iPad in anticipation while reading this and that's saying something since I dont generally read ghost stories/light horror such as this.

message 11: by Tatum C. (new) - added it

Tatum C. Rose (tatie_in_wonderland) | 12 comments Question: if you were is Cas' position, would you allow Thomas to tag along? What do you think Thomas' motives are?

Elise (redentrapy) | 246 comments Tatum C. wrote: " Question: if you were is Cas' position, would you allow Thomas to tag along? What do you think Thomas' motives are? "

Well I'm a people person and tend to think the best of everyone til they give me a reason not to. So I would say that yes I would let him tag along. I honesty thinks he just wants a friend. Most who are bullied and outcast do. Why not hang out with another outcast...?

message 13: by Debbie (new) - added it

Debbie (debbiewestcott) I have that book, but haven't read it yet.

Jessica (sasukephan) | 16 comments Just about to start it! I'm going to take it with me on a trip and hopefully I'll have it finished when I get back. So excited!

Priscilla | 3 comments This book is amazing!!! I can't wait for the next book!!!

Grace (fictionaladventures) | 60 comments The library lady at my school gave this to me for free! Haven't gotten around to reading it yet, though

message 17: by Elle (new)

Elle (louiselesley) Amos wrote: "I don't know why but it is really really frustrating grrr...

I am okay at the moment though, have a huge list of books to read so will keep myself busy until its out and then, BANG, I'll download it!"

i've it totally on pre-order!

message 18: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Check out my interview with Kendare Blake, author of Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake
http://shutupandreadgroup.blogspot.co...

Rebecka Kari wrote: "OMG. I LOOOVED this book! It reminded me of the tv show Supernatural a little bit." Me too!!

I enjoyed Anna, can't wait to see her in the next book. I'm not really sure what I thought of Cas, I liked him but not until close to the end.

Connie Garcia (goodreadscomconnieg) | 17 comments Anna Dressed in Blood is one of scariest books I have read in some time but I loved it

message 21: by Tanecia (new) - added it

Tanecia  (books101) | 3795 comments Mod
I really want to read it now since I read the authors interview on our blog!

Melissa (melstephensbooks) I didn't enjoy this one as much as I had hoped. It was still good, but not great. I think I'm one of the only people who didn't love it. Here's My Review.

Yzabel Ginsberg (yzabelginsberg) | 247 comments Started this one, at last! I couldn't wait... but I had to revise for my exams first. ^_^;

Tracey (addicted_to_reading) i had read this book a while ago for another book club and i loved it. it's such a great ghost story with a subtle romance throughout.

message 25: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Starting it tonight...finally :)

Tawna | 479 comments I read this book a while ago as well and found it refreshing that it was from a male POV! Holy crap that very first scene with Anna and then the scene where Thomas pulled him out of the house! It was just a crazy good book. I liked Cas through out the entire book, I think I end up picturing the character how I want based on their personality if I don't have a good description. I am not the type of person to picture every single detail in my mind, so maybe that's why that didn't bother me.

Anywho, I thought this book was AWESOME and soooo can't wait for the next one to come out!

Yzabel Ginsberg (yzabelginsberg) | 247 comments I finished it yesterday. I wasn't sure at first if I just likd it, or liked it more than average, because there were a few things that frustrated me in this book. But all things considered, I enjoyed the characters, and I felt compelled to go on reading, so I can say it was a good story for me. Anna especially I found pretty frightening, and appealing in a 'graphic' way (meaning, I managed to picture her very clearly in my mind, to the point of having ideas about how to draw her—this seldom happens to me).

message 28: by Sheri, Bookworm (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ok, so I Finally started this last night. It's been a super busy week!

I'm only on chapter eight, but I already love it. I really like Cas. Just got introduced to Anna :)

Yzabel Ginsberg (yzabelginsberg) | 247 comments Anna is terrific IMHO. :)

Kristin | 11 comments I loved Cas, but overall the book was just OK for me. The ending was fabulous but I couldn't give it 4 stars. Here's my review:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 31: by Monica (last edited Jun 23, 2012 02:40PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Monica Millard | 7 comments Melissa wrote: "I didn't enjoy this one as much as I had hoped. It was still good, but not great. I think I'm one of the only people who didn't love it. Here's My Review."

You're not the only one, Melissa. I liked Anna, but didn't really connect with the book like I had hoped. It took me a long time to get my hands on it and my expectations were high. It just fell a little short for me.

Kristin | 11 comments Monica wrote: "Melissa wrote: "I didn't enjoy this one as much as I had hoped. It was still good, but not great. I think I'm one of the only people who didn't love it. Here's My Review."

You're not the only o..."

I couldn't agree more

Kathryn | 2 comments just finished the book. I guess I'm one of the few who thought it was just ok. I think the thing that threw me off the most was Cas and Anna's relationship. For some reason I just didn't find it to be all that believable. I don't know if it was the ghost factor or just the way it played out, but it kind of ruined the book for me.

Julissa (ta2kitty) | 35 comments The book was an easy read and it kept me entertained but it was not a page-turner for me. I enjoyed the scenes with the ghosts and would have liked more of those. I did love Cas. His character was interesting and he was well-developed. However, I agree with Kathryn since I also didn't find his relationship with Anna very believable. This book was ok but I am only slightly interested in reading the sequel.