Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2009! > Amy's Books for 2009

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 11 comments January:
Suite Francaise...currently reading

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 11 comments Who hoo, just finish my first book of 2009 Suite Francaise. I thought it was great read. I was amazing and appalled by the reality of human nature in times of desperation.

Now on to book 2:
Still Alice by Lisa Genova

message 3: by Amy (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:32AM) (new)

Amy | 11 comments Well now that I finished Still Alice (which only took me 2 days) I am on to my next book.
1. Suite Francaise
2. Still Alice
3. Edgar Sawtelle

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 11 comments I just finished Edgar Sawtelle and LOVED it. It was long book to read though and with someone who is crunched for time, it took a long time to get through. I love pets and especially loved when Almondine had a voice through the writer's eyes. I felt for Edgar as he struggled with life and despair. I was hoping for triumph in the end, but was left in tears and was hoping for a few more chapters. It was great read, from a great storyteller.

message 5: by Amy (new)

Amy | 11 comments Next book:
4. The Alchemist

message 6: by Molly (new)

Molly | 330 comments Amy wrote: "I just finished Edgar Sawtelle and LOVED it. It was long book to read though and with someone who is crunched for time, it took a long time to get through. I love pets and especially loved when A..."

We are on opposite reading schedules - I finished Edgar Sawtelle in January and look to start Suite Francaise next week! I too enjoyed Edgar - Almondine touched my heart - very well written passages with her. The book is being made into a movie and the author is working on the drafts for his second of three books about the Sawtelles. I took part in a discussion group on this and it was split pretty evenly. A lot of people were irritated with the Hamlet interpretation and felt it was forced. Not being familiar with Hamlet myself that issue didn't bother me too much. Claude's motivations (or lack?) were what troubled me most.

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy | 11 comments 5. Edgar Sawtelle
6. New Moon
7. Marley and Me
8. Eclipse
9. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society
10. Breaking Dawn
11. The girl's guide to hunting and fishing
12. Unaccustomed Earth
13. The Graveyard Book
14. Grayson (still reading)
15. The Lovely Bones (still reading)