Bloody Jack Fans discussion

Could this be a movie?

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anika (new)

Anika Ferguson (anikatheartist) | 7 comments Do you think they'll ever make these books into a movie? I think it would be a fabulous series, if they got the right people to do it. It wouldn't be easy acting, with the cockney accent and Jacky's mixture of femininity and pretending to be a boy! Some little actress would have to work hard to pull it off. There are so many great characters and lots of action.

message 2: by Caitlín (new)

Caitlín K (inkmage) | 33 comments Mod
I kind of doubt that they will, which is both good and bad. Of course we'd want to see our Jacky's adventures come to life on the big screen, but who knows what they'd do to the storyline and/or the characters?

There was rumor of ASR (AnnaSophia Robb) Productions adapting the first book, with ASR as Jacky, but as Mr. Meyer points out, it's expensive to film at sea, and would there really be enough interest to make a profit?

message 3: by Little Sparrow (new)

Little Sparrow (Ella) (LittleSparrow) | 32 comments I think it would make a great movie, if they could advertise it well enough to make it popular.

message 4: by Anika (new)

Anika Ferguson (anikatheartist) | 7 comments I think ASR would actually be a good choice. She's got the spunk and is tiny enough. Pretty, yet could still look little boyish if needed. Hmmmm...

message 5: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Hair | 21 comments I never saw Jacky as an ASR type of character. She's leather skinned, way tanned. She talks about all that. Anna Sophia is just so pale and pretty, like porcelian.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

ASR wouldn't work so well i dont think

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

her hair is way tooo blond

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

idk

message 9: by Little Sparrow (new)

Little Sparrow (Ella) (LittleSparrow) | 32 comments Younger. that is all I have to say...

message 10: by Emily (new)

Emily AH! No! I think all books with 2 exceptions are ruined when they are turned into movies.

message 11: by Regan (new)

Regan | 16 comments I really dislike AnnaSophia Robb, and I don't think that she'd make a good Jacky. They'd need someone British to play her.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah totally

message 13: by Emily (new)

Emily Courtney wrote: "What 2 exceptions??"

Cold Comfort Farm and Stardust

message 14: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Hair | 21 comments I enjoyed LOTR and the Princess Bride Adaptions.

message 15: by Sarah Beth (new)

Sarah Beth (themaidofastolat) | 28 comments ASR would make a great Clarissa though, lol.

Although, I really don't want the books turned into movies...they would probably destroy it.

message 16: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 21 comments I thought maybe Miley cyrus for Clarissa, but i can't think of anyone for Jacky...

message 17: by Sierra (new)

Sierra  (sierravl) | 4 comments Miley would completely ruin the Clarissa role but i think that maybe Dakota Fanning or her little sister would be good for Clarissa.

message 18: by M (last edited Dec 08, 2009 05:48PM) (new)

M (readergirl67) Miley Cyrus= NO friggin way! Clarissa is blond. Anyone but her.

message 19: by Emily (new)

Emily (l4dyl3n0r3) ASR could potentially be good, with a little makeup, work on her hair a little, but I think they should do someone British. Clarissa...hmmmmm, that's difficult. NOT Miley Cyrus, lets get that straight right now! She can't act, she could never ever ever act Clarissa, and she isn't pretty, pale, or refined as Clarissa!

message 20: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 21 comments Ok! Ok! Forgive me for having an idea! I personally could potentially see Miley as Clarissa, but i'm sure there's someone better out there for that role if they ever do make these movies.

message 21: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 21 comments I think we can all agree that Miley Cyrus can't sing, but we don't really know her acting potential, because she's only ever been in Hannah Montana. Clarissa is supposed to be fair and fancy, but she also has to be, essentially, a bitch, and we all know that. Maybe Miley could, maybe she couldn't, it was just my opinion.

message 22: by Emily (new)

Emily (l4dyl3n0r3) Sorry, I just have this thing against Miley/Hannah... you know. Anyway, you see her acting like a normal person as Miley Cyrus, pretending she thinks she is the same as everyone else. do you really think she could act like the full of herself (well that part maybe) little high society (high society is the part I'm worried about) Lady that Clarissa is?

message 23: by M (new)

M (readergirl67) AnnaSophia Robb looks like she would be good as Jacky.
Let's move on to another role. Who could play Jaimy? (Or Jared, who I happen to like better)

message 24: by Allison (new)

Allison (alanacooper) | 25 comments i think Kira whats her face would do pretty well (shes from Pirates of the Caribbean) but she is kinda old......

message 25: by Holly (new)

Holly (cactolith) | 1 comments Although I would be absolutely ecstatic to hear about even a consideration of making this great series into a movie, I do think that it would be VERY difficult to make, what with all the sea-battles and extensive adventures that she partakes upon. Also I would be concerned that it would be poorly-made, and kind of ruin it for a lot of people. However, this is a risk for any book-based film, and I believe that it's worth taking. :)

message 26: by Emily (new)

Emily If there's a movie I want to be in it, as Amy.

message 27: by Allison (new)

Allison (alanacooper) | 25 comments fat chance, sry Emily but unless ur like a professional actor or something, :( don't count on it, not that i've had that day dream too teehee

message 28: by Sarah Beth (new)

Sarah Beth (themaidofastolat) | 28 comments Allison wrote: "fat chance, sry Emily but unless ur like a professional actor or something, :( don't count on it, not that i've had that day dream too teehee "

You never know...she could get the role. Look at all the Harry Potter (the trio) stars-none of them were professional actors either.

message 29: by Allison (new)

Allison (alanacooper) | 25 comments good point but then how do you go about that? getting a part in a major movie?

message 30: by Sarah Beth (new)

Sarah Beth (themaidofastolat) | 28 comments Allison wrote: "good point but then how do you go about that? getting a part in a major movie? "
First...the movie has to be optioned (which means that Mr. Meyer would have to sell it to a producer).
If that should happen-you'd have to make it to a casting call and try out and hope that you get the part. If it was optioned (the director = sould already have a cast in mind and not have a casting call at all)-it's sheer luck if you get picked.

message 31: by Allison (new)

Allison (alanacooper) | 25 comments yeah that's about what i thought, i don't really think its ever gonna become a movie... okay maybe it will idk but there's what one more book to go? then the whole series is finished.... *sigh*

message 32: by M (new)

M (readergirl67) they will probably make it a REALLY bad movie

message 33: by Alex (new)

Alex Bautista (Savage_Nymph) | 3 comments Hmm what if the producers from pirates of the caribbean did the movie it would be so awesome! Ever since I read the book of The curse tattoo I always see Alexis Bledel [When she was Tuck Everlasting but with blond hair:] as Clarissa, but like shes now alot older now. Other than that she wouldve done a great clarissa.

message 34: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Hair | 21 comments I honestly thought the Pirates movies went totally off the deep end from number one. The storyline just got...ridiculous. I have expected Jack to pull a ninja star out of his pants, only to have Bruce Lee step in. Perhaps it would have made things more interesting....

message 35: by Kalyn (new)

Kalyn | 4 comments Totally! I loved #1 soo much! Then #2 came along, then there was #3, and I was like, ARE YOU KIDDING? I like movies that don't have just special effects. But I gotta say, #1 was my all time favorite! I don't think that ASR would do a good job with Jacky personally; she's too sweet, but if she is a good actor, then she can pull off any part and do a good job with it. I'd love to see our Jacky up on the big screen!

message 36: by Trishia (new)

Trishia (mangalove) | 8 comments MAKE NEW STARS

message 37: by Julia (new)

Julia | 3 comments I really really really really really really want the series to be a movie. If it doesn't I might die. Just kidding but seriously they are amaizing books. Please oh please make a movie. Please oh please. I love Jacky. She's amazing.