The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3) The Mark of Athena discussion

The Cover

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Katie Oh my freaking gods! It has a cover. What do you guys think about it?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't really like it. Its actiony but the other covers were better

Kyle Earl i was absolutely caught off guard with this cover! Im not sure if i like it or not but one thing that all the other covers had (ok maybe not lost hero) is symbolisme and simplism. there is too much going on in this cover...

message 4: by Aurora (last edited May 31, 2012 07:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aurora It looks a lot like many of the UK versions.

Anyway, it's time to change the icon for my laptop user! I started this when the cover for the Lost Hero cover was released, and then when the Son of Neptune cover was revealed I put that as my icon, so now it's time for Mark of Athena!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

And I hate UK book covers :(

Aurora I usually prefer the United States covers for books, but there are a few exceptions. Granted, both of those exceptions are books of UK origin...

message 7: by Jessica (last edited Jun 01, 2012 01:38AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jessica Surprised, but in a bad way. I like the owl, but not how Percy and Jason is portrayed on the cover. It doesn't look like they gets along so well. I hope that's not the case. Maybe Medea is back?

Nhu-Y I thought the cover was really cool! It looks so exciting!

Kathy so that looks like percy and jason (i think its them) are fighting...right? SO excited for the actual book!!!

Nhu-Y Silverhuntress wrote: "so that looks like percy and jason (i think its them) are fighting...right? SO excited for the actual book!!!"

I know right! I'm really looking forward to see how they can get along; I hope there will be some obstacles! It will be much more interesting and intense!

Kathy Jenny wrote: "Silverhuntress wrote: "so that looks like percy and jason (i think its them) are fighting...right? SO excited for the actual book!!!"

I know right! I'm really looking forward to see how they can g..."

which makes it more awesome! i have to say this again but...CAN'T WAIT!XD

Aurora I mean, it's fine, but it doesn't really match the other two. There's no background in this one, like the Chateau de Frontenac in TLH or the iceberg in SoN. It's just an owl. It doesn't quite fit.

Taylor I love it! Although any news for this book is awesome. My only problem: did anyone else notice that all of Ricks book covers show a scene from the book? In the SON the cover was a scene in the book even though it wasn't described in detail it did happen. So does this mean Percy and Jason will actually fight or is it symbolizing their struggle to work together?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

This is my least favorite Rick Riordan cover :(

Aurora Taylor wrote: "I love it! Although any news for this book is awesome. My only problem: did anyone else notice that all of Ricks book covers show a scene from the book? In the SON the cover was a scene in the book..."

He says on his blog that it's actually a scene in the book, though I doubt there will be a giant owl in the background.

And yeah, I noticed that this one isn't a direct scene but instead more of a compilation.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

So Jason and Percy have an huge battle? Excellent :D Maybe the owl symbolizes Athena's rage or something

message 17: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca i dont see whats not to like about the cover, so far its my fav, theres just so much going on. i nerly freaked when i saw it because of percy and jason fighting, and the owl in the back round is cool

Kathy its a very exciting cover:D

message 19: by Thalia (new)

Thalia AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! *FANGIRL FREAKOUT*
OMGs!!!!!
wen i saw the cover i totally freaked out!
percy & jason fighting???????????????
go percy!!
i never really liked jason-even though he's thalia's bro.
the cover is totally awesome!! and that owl? it looks really angry.

wat abowt annabeth?????!!
it says in the prophecy the she walks alone-does that mean her and percy hav a break up and she storms off to rome by herself?????!!!

i swear i am gonna kill riordan if percy dies-with a whole load of fangirls with me......
i relly hope thalia's there too ...& wat about nico- i kinda think nico's gay..

anywayz CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!