We <3 Teen Books! discussion

House of Night Books. (doesnt matter if its one of the stand alones)

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) So i was just wondering what you guys thought on the HON books. or just the stand alones like "Dragons oath" and "Lenobia's vow" and "the fledging handbook 101"

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily | 66 comments Mod
I only read the handbook. I liked the series. Is there gonna be a ninth one??

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) yeah i think its already out. i havent read the handbook yet i only read the two other one's plus the series

message 4: by Jennessa (new)

Jennessa (nester1999) | 29 comments Mod
I read those. I thought they were really good. You have to read them all at once though cuz otherwise you forget some important parts.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) yeah i know what ya mean one time i went from book 1 to like book 5 without reading the other 3. talk about confusing!!!!

message 6: by Jennessa (new)

In the summer I read like the first eight or nine and when the new one came out I was SOO excited!!! I bought the book and when I was reading it was like what are they talking about!!! It was still good but just a little confusing at parts, but when I finally remembered what they were referring to I was like OMIGOSH!!!!!

message 8: by Jennessa (new)

Did you ever read or hear of Hush, hush by Becca Fitzpatrick? That is my favorite book EVER!!!! It has romance and fallen angels and it's so captivating!! You should definantly read it!!!! I started screaming and dancing when I saw the cover for the fourth book. Then I started crying because it's the last one!

message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily | 66 comments Mod
I LOVE THAT BOOK! I don't want it to end either! WAHHHH

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) yeah i know. does anyone know what the forth cover looks like? I DONT WANT IT TO END!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! (oh! btw if you go to my profile thingy, you can see what some think the 4th cover should look like. although the name isnt right)

message 11: by Emily (new)

Emily | 66 comments Mod
http://www.goodreads.com/book/photo/1...
HOW AWESOME DOES IT LOOK!!

message 12: by Jennessa (new)

I saw what it looks like and I was SOOO excited!!! I freaked out when I saw it!!! It's AMAZING!!! I love Patch and Nora! I want to keep reading their stories. Once I read the fourth one I'm probably goinna be really mad and depressed cuz there aren't anymore!

message 13: by Emily (new)

Emily | 66 comments Mod
RIGHT!!!???!?! It doesn't seem like she could finish it in 4 books but I guess so. WAHHH

message 14: by Jennessa (new)

I get SOOO mad when a series that I love ends. It's so depressing!! I wish the authors would just keep writing and keep getting inspired to write more! Becca Fitzpatrick better write more books and if she doesn't I'm goinna be forever disappointed and angry. :'(

message 15: by Emily (new)

Emily | 66 comments Mod
I want to see more of Patch's point of view. Don't say it but do you like Patch's real name?

message 16: by Jennessa (new)

When I first read it I was all like WHAAAAATTTT??? I totally thought that was Patch!!!! I got used to it as the book continued. I liked how Nora had more of a connection to him in the third one and how she knew him by a more special name. Was that his angel name or just what he went by? In the back of Hush, hush graphic novel there's a short story from Patch's point of view. He's with Rixon and he's watching Nora at the coffee shop. It was really intresting to see what he thought of her before he talked to her.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) I know i was SOOOOOOOOO EXITED WHEN I SAW IT!!!! i dont know i wish i knew. i didnt even know there was a graphic novel about it! HOW did i NOT know this??!?!?!

message 18: by Emily (new)

Emily | 66 comments Mod
I know. I didn't like Rixon. No that is just his name. I haven't read the graphic novel yet. Where can you get it??? They have that chapter in the back of Silence if you bought it at Wal-Mart when it came out.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) ahhhhhhh i dont think i bought it there. what about patch's real name or whatever? i liked Rixon at the begaining of them beacuse he seemed okay. and then im like when we found out he killed Nora's dad: you son of a b*tch!!!! i want to rip your filping head off!!!!!!!

message 20: by Emily (new)

Emily | 66 comments Mod
I know right.

message 22: by Jennessa (new)

When I found out he killed her dad I was like "you stupid crap head, because of you Patch had to kiss Marcie and Nora got p.o.ed at Patch they fought. You stupid idiot I thought they would never make up because you had to go and destroy her family and were Patch's hat because you're a low-life jerk face." All throughout Crescendo I was thinking when are they going to make up and make out. Anyone else? In one of the first chapters when Nora was at Z with Scott and Patch showed up I was so excited that they would finally make up anhd .... they didn't. ;( When Patch started hanging out with Marcie, cuz he had to but I didn't know yet, I got SOOO mad!! I stormed up to my room and slammed the door and was mentally screaming at Patch to go and make up with Nora and for Nora to forgive hima nd come to ehr senses that Patch didn't kill her dad. She knew the body shape was different. She should have heard him out.
In the first chapter when Marcie said "That's right. He's dead." I was thinking a long line of swear words to say to her. that was SO low.

message 23: by Jennessa (new)

What book was your favorite? Mine was either Silence or Hush, hush. I got really mad at Crescendo because they fought all the time and Marcie was being stupid and rixon was trying to kill her and hurt Patch's feelings. Glad I don't have a best friend like him. Shoot, if ,my BF tried to kill the person I loved I would be so mad! I'd want to chain them in Hell, too. (That might be a little extreme)

message 24: by Jennessa (new)

I bought the graphic novel at Barnes and Noble, but I ordered it. Itw as like 21 to 23 dollars. It's a perfect imitation of Hush, hush. it's just like the book. I can't wait until they make the one that includes when Nora, Vee, Jules(HATE HIM), Elliot, and eventually Patch at Delphic Amusement Park. That's one of my favorite parts in Hush, hush. Also the motel scene, making tacos, and the very end in the school. Oh, I forgot when she's playing softball and Patch tells her whent o swing.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) yeah thouse parts are like the best ones in the book

message 26: by Jennessa (new)

TOTALLY!! I bought the book just so I could read those parts over and over. I already read the book like six times. I love it when you can read a book a lot and it's still just as good as the first time.

message 28: by Emily (new)

Emily | 66 comments Mod
Oh yeah.

message 30: by Pierrette (new)

Pierrette | 1 comments I'very only read the first 2 books so far but I like them. They're different from traditional vampire stories that are popular today which is great. Apparently the film rights for the books have been bought and it's in the 'early stages of writing' according to P.C Cast. Should be interesting to see how the movies would turn out. :)

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) wait what?? theres going to be a movie??

message 32: by RAI (last edited Mar 22, 2013 07:11PM) (new)

RAI | 23 comments PLEASE don't let there be a movie! >:0 (my outraged face). I only read the first three books, but I know that it would be a waste of film to turn the House of Night series into a movie. I likes Zoey in the first book, kinda in the second book, but in the third book I just became annoyed with her and said 'done!'. I haven't picked up another book from the series, though I've been encouraged to twice by my friends.

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood (cassiecrow) Marshanah wrote: "PLEASE don't let there be a movie! >:0 (my outraged face). I only read the first three books, but I know that it would be a waste of film to turn the House of Night series into a movie. I likes Zoe..."

DO NOT PICK UP ANOUTHER ONE!!!! I started it, and have read all of them so far but it's basiclay the same stuff over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.