The Reckoning (Darkest Powers, #3) The Reckoning discussion

Kelley Armstrong

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Rock My daughter is currently reading the Kelley Armstrong series: The Awaking....it's under urban fantasy. Can anyone recommend another series by another author that writes such stories?
I am going to try her on the otherworld series by Armstrong but am looking for milder story lines. Bethany is only 10, I 'd like to keep the content mild ! Thanks.

Steph Maybe the Dark Guardian series

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Umm, maybe The Gallagher girls series

or the goddess test. Wait, no, never mind. she's 10...

I like Virals a lot, but not sure if that's a whole lot like Awakening. And Awakening isn't that bad (as far as I remember) but I shouldn't be talking because I read it like 2 years ago.

Crystal It's not really a long the same lines but Blue Bloods might be an option. Blue Bloods

I remember it being fairly mild but it's been quite a while since I read it.

Just an FYI - I would not recommend wicked lovely. I think it tends to be considered ok for the younger kids because they are relitively short and easy to read but there are a few sections of the series I would not have wanted my 10 year old reading.

Brianna The Paranormalcy trilogy is good. Author is Kiersten White. Content is good for a ten year old. The protagonist, Evie, is very fun and likable.

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ I read Maxium Ride when I was 11 and I thought it was good for me

Nuzaifa The Darkness Rising trilogy,Kinda connected to the Darkest Powers Series.The first book is the The Gathering .

Tara Read Infinity this is a good series to start for her age and wolves of the beyond by Kathryn Lasky
SHe should like either of those series

Veronica Dark Visions (Dark Visions, #1-3) by L.J. Smith The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) by Kelley Armstrong The Calling (Darkness Rising, #2) by Kelley Armstrong They are mild and really good :P

message 10: by Lena (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lena Nasra wrote: "Umm, maybe The Gallagher girls series

or the goddess test. Wait, no, never mind. she's 10...

I like Virals a lot, but not sure if that's a whole lot like Awakening. And Awakening isn't that bad (..."

Why not the Goddess Test?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, it might not be very... Appropriate for a 10 year old. I shouldn't be talking though because I'm only 13 but still, you can read it if you want though, it's really good.

message 12: by Lena (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lena OH! I've only just remembered why it might be considered inappropriate. Okay, I guess you're right!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah..... It's really good, just not for a 10 year old XD but I will give it this, it's nowhere near as bad as the house of night series (I'm a very mature person)

message 14: by Lena (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lena Haha, I can tell it's your favourite series! ;)

Josey She could read Captivate by Carrie Jones, I think. But it's been a year or two since I read them so no promises. Witch and Wizard by James Patterson is amazing and completely clean!

Rachel I think Entwined by Heather Dixon could be a good book. It had fantasy in it and I think it is good for a ten year old. Good luck :)