Horse Whisperers discussion

Nicholas Evans

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
I adore his books, besides becasue of the way he writes, what and how he tells but mainly because there is always something in his stories that seem to find a connection with something of myself. Maybe something I believe, something that happened, dreams...but always something very strong in me. The loop was really heavy in that way for me.

I get his newsletter since a couple of years now and everytime I read something that he tells on there, I jsut want to visti him, get to know him. he seems such an interesting, kind person.

message 2: by Atishay, The Brave (new)

Atishay | 229 comments Mod
I fell in love with his writing just after reading few pages of The Horse Whisperer and the respect for his writing grew more with The Divide and now with The Loop. He's able to capture human sentiments so perfectly and describes them superbly.

message 3: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
Has anyone recommended his books to someone and was told that the person recommended it to didn't like the book? Till now I have recommended the books he writes to about ten people and all of them jsut adored them and wished they would have read them before!

message 4: by Atishay, The Brave (new)

Same here Jeane. It was my mom who read The Horse Whisperer first, she recommended it to me and I absolutely loved it. Then, I read The Divide and The Loop and I've recommended them to her. I know she will love them. Same was the case with me recommending it to friends here on GR and they all loved it. Goes out to show, how great a narrator he is.
However, I read many reviews of Horse Whisperer and The Loop on GR and it seems there are people who didn't like the book or it felt too ordinary.

message 5: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 216 comments Mod
Oh atishay, I had this thought that you find out about them completely on your own! How great your mother recommended it to you.
I also read many reviews of people who didn't really like the books by Evans that they read...but it are all people who I don't know so maybe that says something too...:-)

message 6: by Atishay, The Brave (new)

Yeah. But I would like to know them better. I guess I want to know, what part in the book ticked them off.