The Homebrew Book Club discussion

The Homebrew MBA

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott (last edited May 31, 2012 12:58PM) (new)

Scott Seaborn (sseaborn) | 2 comments Mod
Welcome to The Homebrew Book Club. I started a blog (The Homebew Book Club) to document my adventures in homebrewing, beer drinking, and business.

I've been working in a cubicle for 15 years, and I'd like to start something to call my own. This book group will recommend and discuss books that focus on skills typically taught to MBA students. Personally, I believe you can do anything if you demonstrate the initiative to learn on your own-- these books have been selected to assist with your self-learning.

Please share your recommendations and/or reviews of books that others might find valuable to their own development!

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris | 2 comments I look forward to reading these books and many others as well, i myself am currently taking the prereq courses required to take the master brewing courses held at UC Davis. in Organic Chemistry at the moment which is my last course needed. there is a lot of great information in many of the homebrew books out there...i do find it hard to read several at once because the first few chapters are relativley the same...Basics, how beer became what it is today, sanitation, begining steps in homebrewing. but once you get past the repetative stuff you find a lot of cool little tricks, sometimes things you found while brewing on your own that your not quite sure about and you read it in a book as being a good technique. anyway. off to oreder brewing equipment (upgrading to 15 gal batch system)