Nike Chillemi ~ Murder and a Merry Heart discussion

Books of faith cost?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen | 118 comments Good christian crime, suspense , mystery would be my choice, and I just thought a topic of interest might be that if only it could be easier found than christian bookstore because of cost. Library may have some, but never usually a complete series. You do not find these at 2nd hand stores. I know if I had a reader I could get more deals in their department , but have no been able to swing that one yet. I am not complaining, but just know that as an example I would have read all Brandilyn Collin's books by now, but hard to come by or Travis Thrasher's. Any thoughts. (This was just an idea to get some talk going in this group, I came up with.)

message 2: by Nike, Crime Fictionista (new)

Nike Chillemi | 211 comments Mod
Karen wrote: "Good christian crime, suspense , mystery would be my choice, and I just thought a topic of interest might be that if only it could be easier found than christian bookstore because of cost. Library ..."

One way to find Christian crime fiction at a more reasonable price is to look on Amazon and purchase the novel on Kindle. I'm sure the Nook also offers the novel at quite a savings.

If you want to read electronically on a device, you have to purchase it. I think you can now get a Kindle for about $79. I'd recommend the one at about $139. It's a better Kindle. You will quickly make the money back in the lower cost of books. Electronic books are $3- $7 cheaper in Kindle of Nook format.

I don't know about Nook, but Kindle offers a free app so you don't even have to purchase the kindle. You can then read the novel on your computer, and I think also on your smart phone.

message 3: by Nike, Crime Fictionista (new)

Nike wrote: "Karen wrote: "Good christian crime, suspense , mystery would be my choice, and I just thought a topic of interest might be that if only it could be easier found than christian bookstore because of ..."

Once you have your Kindle or Nook...then check to see what novels they've got on sale for further savings.

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen | 118 comments Nike wrote: "Nike wrote: "Karen wrote: "Good christian crime, suspense , mystery would be my choice, and I just thought a topic of interest might be that if only it could be easier found than christian bookstor..."

will do. thanks.

message 5: by Cathy (new)

Cathy You can go on our library's site and order books from the whole Sacramento regions' library system and they will deliver it to your local library then send you an email when it's ready to be picked up. Do they have something like that in your area?

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen | 118 comments Cathy wrote: "You can go on our library's site and order books from the whole Sacramento regions' library system and they will deliver it to your local library then send you an email when it's ready to be picked..."

They do , but a big hassle. No renewals, and I have to drive pretty far which is hard to work in. they do not get them ordered sometimes. Thanks, I just wondered what everyone's thought are on it. I end up getting books with elements I would easier avoid if the christian books were right there also.

message 7: by Nike, Crime Fictionista (new)

Karen wrote: "Cathy wrote: "You can go on our library's site and order books from the whole Sacramento regions' library system and they will deliver it to your local library then send you an email when it's read..."

I live in NYC and the librarys have few Christian titles...and fewer Christian fiction titles. In the past I've engaged in a campaign to get more Christian titles and had minor success.