Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Monthly Read > A Night Like This *****SPOILERS*****

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kasey (last edited May 31, 2012 11:46AM) (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
This thread can contain spoilers for Julia Quinn's A Night Like This.

message 2: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2063 comments Mod
Another great book by JQ. I liked her heroine being older-can't think offhand of another of her books like that.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

i re-read her first book in the series and looking forward to receiving this one in the mail. Stupid me ordered it on one of my book clubs and I go to Walmart the other day and it is there in paperback! From now on wil check Walmart first!

message 4: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I loved this one!Daniel is wonderful. JQ does a great job of showing a hero knocked loopy by initial attraction and falling deeper in love as he learns more about the heroine. And the play scene with Anne's charges is great fun. Now I'm hoping to see Hugh Prentice as hero of his own book.

message 5: by Judy (new)

Judy | 5 comments Janga wrote: "I loved this one!Daniel is wonderful. JQ does a great job of showing a hero knocked loopy by initial attraction and falling deeper in love as he learns more about the heroine. And the play scene wi..."

I agree, Janga. I definitely want to learn more about Hugh.

Daniel & Anne's love story captivated me and kept me reading into the wee hours of the night.

message 6: by Pj (new)

Pj Ausdenmore (pjpuppymom) | 100 comments I'll echo Janga and Judy. I so want Hugh to have his own story!

Daniel has taken a spot as one of my all-time favorite JQ heroes. Loved him! ♥

message 7: by Julia (new)

Julia Quinn | 4 comments Dls wrote: "Another great book by JQ. I liked her heroine being older-can't think offhand of another of her books like that."

I've written books with older heroines before, but none with "a past."

JQ

message 8: by Julia (new)

Julia Quinn | 4 comments Hugh and Sarah are next!

JQ

message 9: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
Hey everyone, as you can see I asked JQ to join us this month during our discussion of her latest book. She has kindly agreed to stop by occasionally throughout the month!!!!

So be sure to leave any comments and questions that you might have for her here or in the other thread.

Thank you for joining us, Julia!

message 10: by Judy (new)

Judy | 5 comments Julia, I thought that was a first to have a heroine with a "past" like that. I'm not fond of it too often as a story element but I think it really worked in this story. Anne & Daniel both then had unpleasant incidents in their past that had to be overcome in order to reach their Happily Ever After.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

i finished the book last night; finally got it in the mail.
Loved Daniel; he was my favorite; everyone should have a Daniel in their life!
Wasn't that crazy about Anne though. Yes we all have our problems and our past but when someone is trying to be nice to you, don't hesitate to accept it!
I liked Hugh and also Marcus
I re-read the first book and really enjoyed it

message 12: by Julia (new)

Julia Quinn | 4 comments Peg wrote: "i finished the book last night; finally got it in the mail.
Loved Daniel; he was my favorite; everyone should have a Daniel in their life!
Wasn't that crazy about Anne though. Yes we all have our ..."

I understand what you say about Anne, Peg. But you have to understand that in regency society, she really would risk her entire livelihood and reputation just by allowing him to help her out.

JQ

message 13: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (blessyourstitches) JQ is an auto-buy for me and I love all her books, but has to be one of my favorites so far. I couldn't put it down and read it in one sitting. Loved Loved Loved Daniel.

message 14: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments I started this last night, and...wow, the prologue. JQ writes the best prologues; they're like mini-stories in themselves. My heart broke for Daniel and Hugh as they met up, both a little bit broken, in Italy. So glad Hugh's story will be next.

I like older heroines, and I'm intrigued by Anne's past--her previous employers, her false name, her worries about being found. I'm looking forward to finishing ANLT this weekend!

message 15: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2063 comments Mod
I liked so many things about this book--but I could do without the evil pursuer theme. Still, JQ always writes so well and I really enjoyed her writing an older heroine.

message 16: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 560 comments Mod
I enjoyed this book. As usual, I love how JQ uses humor in her stories. The play scene was awesome and the girls were hilarious. I am looking forward to Hugh's story next. I think Sarah will be a good match for him...can't wait!