The Royal Bookworm Society discussion

The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #1-5)
Group Reads > The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - General (June 2012)

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gargi (last edited May 31, 2012 11:34AM) (new)

Gargi (gargisharma) | 125 comments Mod
The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams has been selected as the 'group read' for the month of June, 2012.

All the best!
Happy reading :)

message 2: by Gargi (last edited May 31, 2012 11:38AM) (new)

You can come here and discuss the books, but please make sure to hide the spoilers (view spoiler)!

You hide the spoiler like this:
< spoiler >your text< /spoiler >

message 3: by Balamuthu (new)

Balamuthu | 20 comments Mod
Omg, I have not started it yet...Thanks for the updates nilay!

message 4: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (nell1120) I'm at chapter 10. its a very amusing book, though some things are hard to imagine. where is everyone else?

message 5: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (nell1120) I'm at chapter 10. very amusing book, though I do think it's hard to imagine some of the stuff! where is everyone?

message 6: by Gargi (new)

Hi!
Now we can discuss the books separately here:
Book 1
Book 2
Book 3
Book 4
Book 5
and other general discussion!

message 7: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (nell1120) Gargi, great set up by book!

message 8: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (nell1120) I've completed book one, and Adams' imagination is certainly vast. The story was entertaining but sometimes it was hard for me to really picture and imagine what he was describing.

message 9: by Danielle (last edited Jun 23, 2012 05:40AM) (new)

Danielle (nell1120) Have any of you seen the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie? It came out in 2005. I watched it yesterday, found the entire thing on youtube by accident. It's a goofy movie, definitely loosely based on the first book. Even though I'm usually very disappointed in book-movie "translations" I actually didn't mind this one. I think that is because it's so imaginative (and that Adams did work on some of it as well). And it does set up for book 2 if they ever decided to make a 2nd movie (though readers would probably be the only ones to pick up on it).

Here's the youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le_MWg...

Or if you get netflix, it's available in DVD format.

message 10: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (nell1120) Is everyone still reading the book? Post your thoughts in the appropriate thread depending on which book you want to chat about...would love to hear your thoughts!

message 11: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (nell1120) Hi everyone! I'm sad to say that I've not finished THHGTG, but I will eventually finish it!

message 12: by Gargi (new)

Danielle wrote: "Hi everyone! I'm sad to say that I've not finished THHGTG, but I will eventually finish it!"

So will I Danielle!
This month. For sure.

message 13: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (nell1120) I'm thinking maybe we were a bit ambitious with a 5 book set for our first book!

message 14: by Gargi (new)

Danielle wrote: "I'm thinking maybe we were a bit ambitious with a 5 book set for our first book!"

I agree with you. This time it is shorter.
I'm sure we'll be good :)