Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Any paranormal romance recommendations?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Louise (new)

Louise | 6 comments I am looking for a new series to start...I like more than one book in a series and good romance. If anyone has any good recomendations please let me know. Y/A and adult is fine.
I have read
Twilight series
Mortal instuments
Unearthly
Morganville vampires
Hush hush
Fallen

And now reading sookie Stackhouse series

Any info on what the book is about or like would be great too!

message 2: by Lauree (new)

Lauree Waldrop | 24 comments You could try my new book, Betrayed. It is as series and given your reading list, i think you'll enjoy it.

Blurb:

“Nothing good happens after dark…”

Those were the words that changed Sophie’s life forever. One night she is a normal 18 year old and the next, she is waking up in the hospital, a victim of a vampire attack. Level minded Sophie knows what she saw and accepts the impossible…vampires exist. As she dives into the world of the supernatural, she finds a friend in a vampire named Lucas and when mysterious roses start appearing, she hopes he is the sender. When she is attacked again, Daire, a most unlikely hero, comes to her rescue and she discovers abilities that she never believed possible. As she tries to come to grips with her newfound power, things with Lucas go south and when an ancient demon named Cassian shows up, she must make what seems like an impossible decision. Her only clue is to follow her heart. One of the gorgeous vampires in her life is a liar…but which one is it?

For more info you can check out my website/blog at www.laureewaldrop.weebly.com

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) Touch of Frost (Mythos Academy, #1) by Jennifer Estep Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Meridian (Fenestra, #1) by Amber Kizer Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer

and in a total change of direction, just a non-YA humorous chick lit kinda thing if you want a change of pace Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs. You will know by reading synopsis on book page if you want to read.

message 4: by ~Thena~ (new)

~Thena~ (athena-nadine) | 63 comments The Night Huntress series! Starting with Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost .

message 5: by Lisa Anne (last edited Aug 31, 2012 05:10AM) (new)

Lisa Anne (lisamessegee) | 120 comments It looks like you're reading UF more than PNR. Here are some good adult UF series:
Guild Hunter by Nalini Singh--Angels
Charlie Davidson by Darynda Jones--Grim Reaper
Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones

Here are some good adult PNR series:
Immortals After Dark by Kresley Cole--Shifters, witches, vamps, mythical creatures
Lords of the Underworld by Gena Showalter--Demons
Midnight Breed by Lara Adrian--Vamps
Dark-Hunter by Sherrilyn Kenyon--Vamps & shifters
Psy-Changeling by Nalini Singh--Shifters & "psy"
Love at Stake by Kerrelyn Sparks--Humorous vamps & shifters
Argeneau Vampires by Lynsays Sands--Humorous vamps
Elder Races by Thea Harrison--Shifters, other creatures
A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) by Gena Showalter Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #1) by Lara Adrian Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1) by Nalini Singh How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1) by Kerrelyn Sparks A Quick Bite (Argeneau, #1) by Lynsay Sands Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison

I've got lots more to recommend, but that will get you started!

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie | 157 comments I would try these although they are more UF than PNR bit thaey are both my fav series-es

Kate Daniels series starting with Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews

Downside Ghosts series starting with Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1) by Stacia Kane

message 7: by PostCardashian (new)

PostCardashian Kim | 15 comments Louise, you like completely the same books as me, so i recommend the Levels series. Two of the books are set in a school, one not, the main character is mainly quite tough, like Rose or hermione, and the heroes, to be honest AREN'T LIKE ANYONE. Oh. and u won't guess whats PNR about it... :)
Song to Wake to (Levels, # 1) by J.D. Field Rock Anthem (Levels # 2) by J.D. Field Lullaby of Lies (Levels, #3) by J.D. Field

message 8: by Kelleigh (new)

Kelleigh (goodreadscomsunshine2047) Night Huntress By Frost and the Fever series by Moning are MUSTS!

: )

message 9: by Amanda (last edited Aug 31, 2012 07:37AM) (new)

Amanda Dorrier | 1 comments One of the best Vampire Romance series out there Tina's Scanguard series.

The first book Samson's Lovely Mortal is free on kindle.

Her sixth book Quinn's Undying Rose released just yesterday...I am reading it now. Absolutely love it.

I have read all of the books and love them all. They are great! Gripping thrilling sexy and full of romance.

Take Care,
Amanda
Samson's Lovely Mortal (Scanguards Vampires, #1) by Tina Folsom Amaury's Hellion (Scanguards Vampires, #2) by Tina Folsom Gabriel's Mate (Scanguards Vampires, #3) by Tina Folsom Yvette's Haven (Scanguards Vampires, #4) by Tina Folsom Zane's Redemption (Scanguards Vampires, #5) by Tina Folsom Quinn's Undying Rose (Scanguards Vampires #6) by Tina Folsom

message 10: by C.C. (new)

C.C. | 219 comments Black Dagger Brotherhood Series Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward
Night Huntress Series Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost
Vampire Academy Series Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead
Dark Elite Series Firespell (Dark Elite, #1) by Chloe Neill
Chicagoland vampires Series Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill
Fever Series Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning

message 11: by Delia (new)

Delia (vanchiere) | 13 comments I agree with Kelleigh......Fever Series is a MUST....and also Lords of the Underworld!

message 12: by Ashley (last edited Sep 03, 2012 10:06PM) (new)

Ashley (shinhbang) | 152 comments And I'll agree to reiterate it: Fever series is a MUST!
Yes, do try authors like Kresley Cole, Sherrilyn Kenyon, and Nalini Singh! Kresley and Nalini are phenomenal writers! :)

message 13: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey Rhodes | 4 comments Angelfall by Susan Ee. Great book but warning you book 2 is not out yet. :)

message 14: by Jukho (new)

Jukho | 3 comments Louise wrote: "I am looking for a new series to start...I like more than one book in a series and good romance. If anyone has any good recomendations please let me know. Y/A and adult is fine.
I have read
Twilig..."

Try Kerrelyn Sparks. It is not to steamy. It is in the middle of the board, like Lyndsay Sands. They are not hardcore like some of the others, if you are wanting to stay away from the raunchier ones. But if you are looking for a step up-Scanguards by Tina Folsom, and The Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian are great. Christine Warren does a series but it is not just vampires.

message 15: by Jukho (new)

Jukho | 3 comments Amanda wrote: "One of the best Vampire Romance series out there Tina's Scanguard series.

The first book Samson's Lovely Mortal is free on kindle.

Her sixth book Quinn's Undying Rose released just yesterday....."

I did not see this one but yes, this one is one of my favorites.

message 16: by Jukho (new)

Jukho | 3 comments Sookie Stackhouse, Charlaine Harris is another middle of the line that is good. It is what the True Blood series on HBO is about.

message 17: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 493 comments Vampires in America by Reynolds
Night Huntress by Frost
Argeneau by Sands
Demonica and Lords Of Deliverance by Ione
Crimson Moon by LA Banks
Anita Blake and Meredith Gentry by Hamilton
Rachel Morgan by Kim Harrison
Feral Warriors by Palmer
Dragon Kin, Pride, Magnus Pack by Laurenston (Aiken)
Granite Lake Wolves by Arend (I've only read the first 3 and they were really good)
Warriors of Poseidon by Day

message 19: by Robin (new)

Robin Louise wrote: "I am looking for a new series to start...I like more than one book in a series and good romance. If anyone has any good recomendations please let me know. Y/A and adult is fine.
I have read
Twilig..."

Great list add JR Ward Black Dagger Brotherhood,immortals after Dark Kresley cole, Rachel Meade

message 20: by Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (last edited Nov 17, 2012 05:04AM) (new)

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (mybookboyfriend) | 241 comments I post the first book in several series that are really good.

Adult
Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Succubus Blues (Georgina Kincaid, #1) by Richelle Mead Storm Born (Dark Swan, #1) by Richelle Mead Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) by Larissa Ione Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1) by Molly Harper Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1) by Kelley Armstrong Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh Storm Front (The Dresden Files, #1) by Jim Butcher Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians, #1) by Dianne Duvall

message 21: by Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (last edited Nov 17, 2012 05:01AM) (new)

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (mybookboyfriend) | 241 comments New Adult (College Age)

Stray (Shifters, #1) by Rachel Vincent Meeting Destiny (Destiny, #1) by Nancy Straight Blood Debt by Nancy Straight Amaranth (The Resistance Trilogy, #1) by Rachael Wade

message 23: by Shuling (new)

Shuling No joke! Night Huntress series is a BIG FAT MUST!!

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2) by Jeaniene Frost At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6) by Jeaniene Frost

And there's going to be more! *squeals* (:

message 24: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (ayeestrella) | 41 comments Great recommendations everyone, you can look through my shelf since I have many of those books and similar ones.

If you read the Fever series by Karen monning then definitely read the spinoff series based on Dani a secondary character in the Fever series. It's a brand new series and first book is called Iced- its an excellent beginning to a series, but first read the Fever series since its completed and a must!

message 25: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (lastsacrific3) The Vampire Academy Series Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) by Richelle Mead

The Grey Wolves Series Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1) by Quinn Loftis

The Secert of Ella & Micha The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1) by Jessica Sorensen

Theres tons more fill free to look at my book shelf!! :)

Hush Hush Series
Easy Easy by Tammara Webber Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) by Becca Fitzpatrick

message 26: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (ladyfalcon) | 52 comments Have you tried The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima , The Warrior Heir (The Heir Chronicles, #1) by Cinda Williams Chima , or Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare ?

message 27: by Cyndi (new)

Cyndi (cyndib810) | 23 comments My favorites are Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1) by Melissa de la Cruz Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, #1) by Jennifer Estep Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison Dragon Actually (Dragon Kin, #1) by G.A. Aiken

These are all the first books in the series, but all are really awesome!!!