Parents of Tweens (9-14) discussion

Archives > An Apology and Future Plans

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Timothy (new)

Timothy Davis | 120 comments Hello Parents of Tweens. I want to apologize for the lack of action in this group. I have had pneumonia for three months, and just had a bronchoscopy yesterday to find out why the pneumonia is lasting so long. Thanks to those of you who have been adding books to our library in the meantime. Hopefully, I will be feeling better soon. At that time, I plan to start adding reviews, and in June either Erik, or Erik and I, will be transferring reviews from Erik's blog. We will also try to find a topic or topics that we want to discuss. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Meanwhile, please don't hesitate to rank and write a very short review for books that you or your tweens have read. You can learn how to do this by reading the discussion called “Here are some tips.” Your review does not need to discuss the plot too much; rather, you can just give a couple of reasons why you do or don't recommend this book for tweens.

Hopefully, this group will still become a good resource for parents of tweens. Thanks to all of you for hanging in there while I have been ill.

message 2: by Jo (last edited Jun 06, 2012 07:11AM) (new)

Jo Marshall Hello, Timothy,

Oh, that sounds awful! I can't imagine struggling with pneumonia for so long, but I do know it is very serious. I hope you can continue to rest, and will soon get well. I apologize, too, for not being active with the group. It's good to know you feel better, and with Erik's help, leading us to good reads in the coming months.

Right now - at the insistence of my 12 yr old. - I am being forced to read 'Catching Fire', the 2nd book of the Hunger Games. I did not like the first for many reasons, but now after being forced to watch the movie, which actually turned out to be pretty good, the 2nd book is turning out to be all right. Still, I hate Katniss, I'm afraid. At least I'm off the hook for the 3rd book. My daughter says it's awful. (Yay!)

Best wishes, and nice to hear from you.

Jo Marshall

message 3: by Timothy (new)

Timothy Davis | 120 comments Hi Jo,

Thanks for the understanding. Yes, as soon as I start to feel better I will be transferring Erik's blog reviews, and also those of Michelle Issenhoff, as well as writing my own. I really hope that our members will start writing reviews as well.

Congratulations on your twelve-year-old enjoying The Hunger Games. She must be pretty mature. I vote with her that the third book is not very good. Feel free to invite her to join the group.

Thanks again for writing. Best wishes to you and those you love.

Tim