David Estes Fans and YA Book Lovers Unite! discussion

Archive's > The David Estes Dance Dare

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments OK here it is. Please feel free to add other ideas to this. This is just something I came up with.

All of us in this group go to any book store you want and video tape you and whoever else doing dance dares behind people in the store. We should make some sort of shirt that we all wear or have a sign with David's name, web site address etc. When the person turns around, we pretend that we are reading one of his books and start talking to the person about it saying how good it is. The beginning of the video (or the end?) should be of whoever is doing the dancing places the book up by the camera for everyone to see. Maybe thats too obvious. The last video should be of David in a bookstore signing his books to fans that are going nuts with his wife dancing behind him. Something tlike that. Oh we should also put on the signs or the shirts where we live. Not the state, but the country. ie. USA, Australia, London etc. Could you imagine if it made it on Ellen!!!

Open to ideas to enhance this project. Let's discuss...

message 2: by L (new)

L What a completely random, funny & whitty idea that is totaly origional and inspired! *laughing* I don't think that i have known many authors and his adoring fans to have attempted this before, so it certainly would be interesting to see! :) Xx

message 3: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments LOL David, how cool am I? LOL I am soooo going with this idea! I can see this going places. You and your wife seem like the perfect couple to do this. What a great and fun way to get your book out there. I am totally patting myself on the back. We have to do this. If anyone is really interested in participating, please private message me. Subject line: Dance Dare.

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 295 comments So are you wanting us to dance in a bookstore? I'm sorry my brain is fuzzy right now...

message 5: by Dvora (last edited May 31, 2012 02:42PM) (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Alana, yes. This is the idea. Go to any book store make sure you have David's book with you. We should all have the same book, Angel. If you can get three friends to dance with you, then each one should have one book from the set. When you are dancing behind the person and you are at the oops I got caught part, show them David's book and ask them if they read it, and tell them how amazing it is. Maybe even hand them a slip with the names on the books and where they can order it. But we should all wear the same shirt (if anyone knows how to do this) promoting his book. If David wants we can wait until the new book comes out and do it with that one. I guess we can leave that up to him.

We get all our videos together on one video and submit it to Ellen and put them on YouTube. If David and his wife agrees to do participate, I have some ideas for them that I want to keep secret until we are done. Hee hee.

Again, if you are interested in doing this, let me know via private message. And if you know of anyone that has any idea how to make shirts (or to make easier we can just do signs, but I think the shirts would be so much more fun). I have a video guy that I know who us really good and could really use the money. I could find out how much it would cost. I have no idea.

LOL I am laughing here!! If we really do this, how cool would that be!!!! LOLOL

message 6: by Karla (new)

Karla BookAddict2 (karlabookaddict) | 194 comments Girls if you really want to do this i can help you out, after all im his PR LOL!!!! Dvora could you email me at karla@sharearead.com with the dets. i´ll go stalk Ellen to see what we need to do in order to get her attention =D

message 7: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments I think this sounds like a great way to show off David's talented writing. It sounds fun. I can just picture the looks on people's faces. LOL

message 8: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Lucinda wrote: "What a completely random, funny & whitty idea that is totaly origional and inspired! *laughing* I don't think that i have known many authors and his adoring fans to have attempted this before, so i..."

Thanks Lucinda! It was really just a totally random idea I thought of the other day as a joke. I mentioned it to him and he told me that him and his wife love the Dance Dares and they love Ellen. So, why not! I really hope we can pull this off. LOL

message 9: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (fabledhattress) THIS MUST BE DONE! Its just too awesome of an idea to not do it! :D

message 10: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
Hahaha!! Sorry I'm so behind, packing for my big trip, ugh so much to do to turn off an old life and start a new one! I just read through this whole thread and think its awesome and hilarious lol. I would love to do it with The Moon Dwellers as part of the big launch, but the only problem is I'm only initially planning on releasing as an ebook (although I may release in print later on). In any case, I'm totally on board with doing some dance dares haha!!

message 11: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Woo Hoo. We knew we could count on you! I would definitely pay money to see it. Lol

message 12: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments David wrote: "Hahaha!! Sorry I'm so behind, packing for my big trip, ugh so much to do to turn off an old life and start a new one! I just read through this whole thread and think its awesome and hilarious lol...."

Can I get a woot woot!!!! I'm so excited!! But now I have to think of something else to do if we can't physically have the books in our hands. Unless you don't mind the angel books. Give me a moment. I'm sure i'll think of something! LOL

message 13: by Tina (new)

Tina (frogluv3r) | 458 comments Dvora wrote: "David wrote: "Hahaha!! Sorry I'm so behind, packing for my big trip, ugh so much to do to turn off an old life and start a new one! I just read through this whole thread and think its awesome and ..."

Your excitement is contagious. Lol If anyone can figure it out I am sure you can. Awesome.

message 14: by David, Mr. Blue Eyes; He's the Best--Ain't no lie!! ;) (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 10713 comments Mod
D'vora is officially more energetic than me and I'm pretty energetic!! So that's sayin something :) you're awesome D'vora :)

message 15: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments Tina wrote: Your excitement is contagious. Lol If anyone can figure it out I am sure you can. Awesome.

Thanks. The wheels on the bus go round and round. Oh wait. No sorry. Wrong saying. Thats what happens when you have kids. They get into every part of you everywhere. LOL I meant to say, The wheels in my head are turning! I have a few thoughts already. But i'll wait to post until I can smooth out the rough edges.

message 16: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments I just thought of the perfect song....Don't worry. Be Happy. We can put that song on when we edit the video! You can also have it playing on an iPod or whatever you want. Wow, I never cease to impress myself. LOL

message 17: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments LOL I just told my husband about this dance dare. What does he say..."You better get a piece of that because it was your idea." LOL he's an accountant. Always thinking of numbers. LOLOLOL

message 18: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Judice (stephaniejudice) What an awesome idea, D'vora! :)

message 19: by Dvora (new)

Dvora  (igyabc) | 634 comments David wrote: "D'vora is officially more energetic than me and I'm pretty energetic!! So that's sayin something :) you're awesome D'vora :)"

I just saw this David. Yes, I know I know, I'm awesome. Tell me something I dont know. Oh wait....never mind, I don't want to go there again! LOLOLOL

message 20: by Nina (new)

Nina Navarre | 25 comments Dvora wrote: "I just thought of the perfect song....Don't worry. Be Happy. We can put that song on when we edit the video! You can also have it playing on an iPod or whatever you want. Wow, I never cease to impr..."

No it has to be 'Just Dance' by jamiroquai!!!!! 'Dont worry' Is granpa slowwwww!!!

message 21: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (fabledhattress) What about Numa Numa? O.o

jk lol xD

message 22: by tcb4ts (last edited Jun 23, 2012 11:49PM) (new)

tcb4ts | 12 comments hahaha this is sooo awesome!! im soo gonna do this, it has to be done!! how will we all get the shirts tho?? ooh ooh, i know!!! you could do iron on shirt sticker thingos!! (idk what they are actually called) we could all just print them off and iron them onto white tops, so it would stand out more! would we all be dancing randomly or all learn the same dance??