Arthuriana -- all things King Arthur ! discussion

The bookshelf

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bob (new)

Bob | 37 comments Mod
as our bookshelf gets larger should we think about creating a few categories? What would they be? Example (Classic, Romance, Military, YA). Does this make sense? If not, I'll sit down. Thx!

message 2: by SarahC (new)

SarahC (sarahcarmack) | 188 comments Mod
Don't sit down! Hey Bob, I actually made some categories yesterday -- see another post. But is it possible to do actual dividers in the bookshelf? I didnt know.

You know the thread where we were discussing good early sources, etc? I was suggesting that some of those titles be added to the bookshelf so other readers would know what editions were recommended.

message 3: by Dee (new)

Dee Marie (dee_marie) | 61 comments Hey Bob and Sarah,

I like your idea of adding additional shelves...how about modern novels to that list?

message 4: by Bob (new)

Bob | 37 comments Mod
Nice Sarah! I just noticed the new shelves. I'm good with any shelf title that helps categorize the stories. My only thought on the ones that are currently there is Gawain. Is there enough out there for him to have his own shelf or could it be a shelf that can be a place for "Other Arthurian Characters"? If Gawain has books'a'plenty then rock on!

I'm not sure about "shelf dividers". I don't think I've seen anything on Goodreads that does that. I'll take a look around some other groups. :)

I'll set up the Chapter 1 thread now. :P

message 5: by SarahC (new)

SarahC (sarahcarmack) | 188 comments Mod
I guess the benefit of the way the shelves are set up in Goodreads is that the same book can be in multiple categories? But I do wish you could switch view or something and see them divided by category at least.

Even with his "Green Knight" fame alone, we may be able to round up a few more novels/nonfic on him. Maybe the same for Perceval, Merlin, etc?

Thanks for setting up the discussion thread for Friday!