Indie Book Club discussion

Off Topic > Summer plans?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new)

Jeffrey Poole (authorjmpoole) | 2287 comments Mod
So what does everyone have lined up for this summer? Going on vacation? Travelling? Going on a book tour?

As for me, not too much is happening. Since we've now hit what I've termed our "winter", meaning it's too uncomfortable to go outside (113 today people. Ugh.), I'm making huge progress on my latest book.

My vacation isn't happening until later this year. My wife and I, along with some friends of ours, are headed to Disneyland. It's only a 5 hour drive for us from here in AZ. I know some of you will think to yourself, dude, I thought this guy was an old fart? Well, I am. :) I make no qualms about it. But... I'm a huge Disney fan and luckily so is my wife. It's where we went on our honeymoon, so it's a special place for us.

Big J

message 2: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Scott (bookblogger) | 1315 comments Mod
The wife and I and Zoey will be visiting New York for a wedding and will do a day visit to Zoombezi (sp) Bay its a water park connected to the Columbus Zoo with some pretty sweet slides. I'm sure we'll be at the zoo every other week or so so Zoey can become better friends with the young kangaroo that comes up to visit her. Also the fishing cats pounce on her from the other side of the glass it's pretty adorable to watch her laugh at it.

message 3: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new)

I'll be heading to Disneyland in November of this year for our vacation. Let me know if anyone will be there so we can say hello!

message 4: by Raphyel (new)

Raphyel Jordan (raphyelmjordan) | 32 comments Nuthin' special for me, I'm afraid. No cash in the bucket. :( I'm just doin' the usual: Writing, drawing, vid games. . . and I'm totally cool with that :P

message 5: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new)

Hey, no problems there. One of the best vacations my wife and I ever took happened a few years back. We shut off the cell phones, stocked up the food in the apartment we were living at the time, and played video games for at least 10 hours a day for a week and a half straight. The only time I went outside was to check for mail, and even then all anyone saw was a pasty white boy squinting in the daylight, muttering to himself "outside BAAAADDD, inside GOOOOODD..."

message 6: by J.H. (new)

J.H. Sked (jhsked) | 115 comments As soon as summer starts over here, I'll let you know. The US is baking, the UK is freezing. So I'll probably just stick to the usual routing of work and write...

message 7: by Raphyel (new)

Raphyel Jordan (raphyelmjordan) | 32 comments Oh God, lets switch places. Going off of Jeff, outside baaaaaaad. Inside, goooooood. Why is the sun so angry?!

message 8: by Eric (new)

Eric Quinn (eqknowles) Yup. Inside, goooooood for me as well. Must get next book out by end of year!

message 9: by Eric (new)

Eric Quinn (eqknowles) Also queued up Bakkian Chronicles, Book I. And there may be some online poker.

message 10: by Mia (new)

Mia Darien (mia_darien) | 425 comments Oh man, I wish I could lock myself inside for a week and just play WoW for that time. Might finally get a second 85! Alas, the two year old would not permit this. ^_^