Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Local Hangouts & Meet-Ups > Front Range Fourteeners (Denver and Fort Collins, CO) [Formerly Denver Dames]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,292 (1292 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 25 26

message 1: by GA (last edited May 21, 2016 08:54PM) (new)

GA (strangesoul) | 252 comments Edited 5/21/16 to add: To make it easier for new people to jump in, here are the basics... We have members from Denver, Fort Collins and places in between, so we rotate meeting between in those three places. We currently meet the 3rd Saturday of the month unless there are special circumstances (Denver Comic Con, for example). SOs welcome. If you haven't read the book, come anyways, you won't be alone.

Edited 9/3/2014 to add: Link to google calendar of local author events and other sci-fi/fantasy/romance book things going on in the Denver area. These are not official book club events, just things people might be interested in.

I know from the previous thread there are at least 3 of us. I also have a friend who just moved to Fort Collins half convinced to come.

Any suggestions for places or times?

Weekend is best for me.

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan | 185 comments I can do weekends if its after 2 on saturday
I'm not reallly sure on places...

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (emolivarez) | 7 comments Weekends work for me. What about the Tattered Cover?...or you know we could always get drinks!:D

message 4: by GA (new)

GA (strangesoul) | 252 comments I could do after 2 on a Saturday. Tattered Cover is good, going out for drinks is good but I don't know anything about the bars or restaurants downtown so you'd have to pick.

I'm assuming we want to go downtown?

Do you want to try and do something soonish, or wait until the end of the month?

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan | 185 comments May be we could do it the saturday before the big one?

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (emolivarez) | 7 comments We can do downtown...what do you mean the Saturday before the big one? Like zombie apocolypse or what? Lol

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan | 185 comments Ha ha!!! No I mean at the end of the month before the online one

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 15 comments I'd would totally try to do this but I'm in Yellowstone for the summer :( If you are looking for a great place to hang out i would definitely recommend the Mercury Cafe. It's such a fun little, perfect place for a book club hangout.

message 9: by GA (new)

GA (strangesoul) | 252 comments Lol, the 23rd works for me

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (emolivarez) | 7 comments Lol that works for me too!

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan | 185 comments now we just a place.....

message 12: by GA (new)

GA (strangesoul) | 252 comments I really have no preference. Wherever you pick is fine with me.

message 13: by Becky (new)

Becky (audthryth) | 33 comments Sorry, just found this thread. I'm in Denver, too. June 23rd works fine for me. The Mercury is a fun place, just know that they only accept cash or checks. Let me think tonight about other possible places. It would be nice if we could find a place where we're not hassling with parking downtown.

message 14: by GA (new)

GA (strangesoul) | 252 comments Well, any ideas? The more I think about it the more I like the idea of going for drinks, but I really would have no idea where to go downtown. But if no one else has any suggestions, I vote we try The Mercury and we can switch it up next month.

message 15: by Susan (new)

Susan | 185 comments That sounds great to me, I'm not really familiar with downtown so I was having a hard time coming up with ideas!

message 16: by Becky (new)

Becky (audthryth) | 33 comments Unfortunately, I'm up against a wall trying to get ready for an upcoming trip. I'll have to miss this month's meet up.

I did have a few other ideas for restaurants that are near downtown. Annies at St. Paul and Colfax is fun. There's also Racine's near Speer and Lincoln.

message 17: by GA (last edited Jun 21, 2012 09:37PM) (new)

GA (strangesoul) | 252 comments Just got word that my friend from Fort Collins is definitely coming. What time do you want to meet? Any time works for us as long as it's not too late, since she'll have to drive home.

message 18: by Susan (new)

Susan | 185 comments I get off work at 2pm, I would need to run home and change since I work with animals so maybe around 4?

message 19: by GA (new)

GA (strangesoul) | 252 comments Sounds good, see you at 4! Now I just have to finish the book. ;)

message 20: by Susan (new)

Susan | 185 comments Im running a little late, hopefully be there 10 after!

message 21: by GA (new)

GA (strangesoul) | 252 comments No problem! We're heading over now and we'll grab a table. If there's a hostess I'll let her know you're coming, ask for "Georgia." If there isn't I'm wearing a blue and white striped shirt with purple flowers on the front and my friend is wearing a black tank top.

message 22: by Kelley (new)

Kelley Coleman (kelleyco) I'm in Aurora and would like to try a meet up...or I guess this would be a read up? I also have a couple of friends who might be interested...
How did it go on the 23rd? Any chance it will happen again?

message 23: by GA (new)

GA (strangesoul) | 252 comments 23rd was fun! We were going to aim for Saturday the 28th of July for the next book. Going to try an Irish place on the 16th Street Mall next time.

message 24: by Kelley (new)

Kelley Coleman (kelleyco) Awesome. I will put it in my calendar. Can't wait to see what the next books are. Have a great evening.

message 25: by Becky (new)

Becky (audthryth) | 33 comments Cool! I will put it on my calendar.

message 26: by Renee (new)

Renee | 17 comments I wish I had seen this before! I was in Denver this weekend. Want to make it a monthly thing? I live on the western slope, but I could drive down to meet if I had a date in advance.

message 27: by Kelley (new)

Kelley Coleman (kelleyco) Well the VF Hangouts are the last Mondays of the month? Do we want to meet before or after? I'm cool either way. It would be good to make it a regular time, though.

message 28: by Renee (new)

Renee | 17 comments I think the weekend before would be good.

message 29: by Susan (new)

Susan | 185 comments I think we are trying to go for the saturday before, so for July that is the 23rd, hope everyone will be able to make it!!!

message 30: by Susan (new)

Susan | 185 comments wait I meant 28th!!! I was thinking of the last one!

message 31: by Renee (new)

Renee | 17 comments I'm looking forward to it!

message 32: by Kelley (new)

Kelley Coleman (kelleyco) Saturday sounds great. There are so many wonderful places downtown or the Cherry Creek area. That's relatively central. I'm wondering if there's any interest in trying out the patio at Bull and Bush. It's one of my favorite spots, though I don't go often.

message 33: by Susan (new)

Susan | 185 comments Here is the name and address of the restaurant for our next meeting on the 28th I look forward to seeing you all there! Its right on the 16th st mall

Katie Mullen's Irish Restaurant and Bar, 16th Street Mall at 1550 Court Place, Denver CO 80202 303-573-0336

message 34: by GA (new)

GA (strangesoul) | 252 comments Sounds good. 4 pm again?

message 35: by Susan (new)

Susan | 185 comments works for me!

message 36: by Kelley (new)

Kelley Coleman (kelleyco) Looks good for me as well. I've completed the main selection. Haven't read the alt, and may not. I'm just starting Kushiel's Dart. Not getting into it as quicky as I'd hoped. Tell me it gets better. :)

message 37: by Susan (new)

Susan | 185 comments It gets a lot better, those first couple chapters are a little slow because she puts so much info in them but once the action starts it gets so good!

message 38: by Kelley (new)

Kelley Coleman (kelleyco) All right Susan. I'm trusting you! ;)

message 39: by Midnight8ten (new)

Midnight8ten | 14 comments Alright!! I just moved to the Denver/Aurora area! Whoop! I'm not sure how work will be for that weekend (and I haven't even started on either books because I dived all the way back into the Kushiel series!) I best get to reading and hope I can make it to wherever that place is to meet with you all!

message 40: by Susan (last edited Jul 17, 2012 06:11PM) (new)

Susan | 185 comments Hi everyone, not sure if anyone is interested but I just got this book for free on amazon and thought maybe some of you guys might be interested, its about fairies at the reniassance(sp?) fair in Colorado, I have not read it yet but it looked interesting, its for the Kindle
http://www.amazon.com/Shepherds-Daugh...

message 41: by GA (new)

GA (strangesoul) | 252 comments Hope everyone and their loved ones are okay. I know some of us are in Aurora...

message 42: by Becky (new)

Becky (audthryth) | 33 comments My family and friends and I are okay. I work at University Hospital. We treated 20 of the victims, thankfully there were only 5 inpatient admits. The shooter's apartment is right next to work, but we were able to make it onto campus without any problems. My heart goes out to the victims and their families.

message 43: by GA (new)

GA (strangesoul) | 252 comments Just found out I start my new job on Saturday. Won't be able to make meetup. :(

message 44: by Susan (new)

Susan | 185 comments Congrats on the new job!!!

message 45: by Susan (new)

Susan | 185 comments Who is going to able to make it too the meeting?

message 46: by GA (new)

GA (strangesoul) | 252 comments Hopefully people are planning on coming, but if not, and you want to reschedule... I can do anytime weds, thurs, or fri, and Sarah can do fri 3:30 or later.

message 47: by Susan (new)

Susan | 185 comments K im heading over if any else is coming, brought my boyfriend in case no one shows

message 48: by GA (new)

GA (strangesoul) | 252 comments So, did anybody come? I was bummed I couldn't make it.

Do we still want to do the Saturday before the official chat (Saturday, August 25th)? Is the hangout date/time an issue for people? Do we want to continue to pick a new place every month?

I think it would be good to settle on a time and place for August by the end of the week so we can get it up on the group calendar for max visibility and plenty of time to plan. (Also I think it lets people RSVP)

message 49: by Susan (new)

Susan | 185 comments no else showed up:( but i ate some really yummy irish food so not all bad, my shifts at work keep changing so i will work with what others can do

message 50: by Kimothy (new)

Kimothy | 4 comments I live in Denver... & just joined this group. So, hi.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 25 26