Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Local Hangouts & Meet-Ups > Chicagoland folks

Comments Showing 1-50 of 183 (183 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 54 comments I saw there were a few Chicago people in the initial folks. I'm actually in Schaumburg, NW Suburbs.

message 2: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (roguefire) | 85 comments Yay! I'm over in the Wrigley Field area but can commute anywhere a train/bus goes!

message 3: by Ms. Ann (new)

Ms. Ann | 14 comments South Loop here! Go, CTA, go!

message 4: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 54 comments An excuse to take the Metra downtown would be ok with me. :)

message 5: by Mollie (new)

Mollie (englishchick) Park Ridge here!

message 6: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 54 comments I saw someone on the other post mention http://www.bookcellarinc.com/
I've never been, but looks like a great place to meet up sometime.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm all for the Book Cellar meet up. I'm in Norridge/Rosemont area and can CTA anywhere.

message 8: by Jillian (new)

Jillian Coleen (jilliancoleen) | 22 comments Also in the South Loop... I could make the trek up to the Book Cellar if we set a date far enough in advance to plan for it!

message 9: by Mary (new)

Mary | 2 comments I'm in the northwest burbs as well. I'm down for whereever as long as there is enough notice

message 10: by Austyn (new)

Austyn (nytsua) | 9 comments I'm in the north suburbs as well and would be interested in going wherever as long as it's in the evening or weekends.

message 11: by Bleu (new)

Bleu Caldwell (bleucaldwell) | 101 comments I love the Book Cellar, and would love a local meetup! I live in Rogers Park and work in Northbrook -- city or suburbs is fine with me.

message 12: by Keidy (new)

Keidy | 313 comments I wouldn't mind going to Book Cellar. I've never been there before but I can get there through public transportation. I live in the west/southwest part of Chicago near Midway Airport.

How about we set up a meet before Felicia's group meets up. That way we can post about what we talked about before the official chat session?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

That sounds good to me. Which book are you reading?

message 14: by Bleu (new)

Bleu Caldwell (bleucaldwell) | 101 comments Sounds great! Did you have a date in mind?

Keidy wrote: "I wouldn't mind going to Book Cellar. I've never been there before but I can get there through public transportation. I live in the west/southwest part of Chicago near Midway Airport.

How about w..."

message 15: by Keidy (new)

Keidy | 313 comments I finished "Desperate Duchess" awhile ago and just finished "Nine Rules to Break" just last night. How about on Friday, July 20th?

message 16: by Bleu (new)

Bleu Caldwell (bleucaldwell) | 101 comments Our company picnic is the 20th, but depending on the time I could probably still make it.

message 17: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 54 comments Bummer I will be out of town that weekend. Maybe next month for me.

I read "Desperate Duchesses" a while back and enjoyed "Nine Rules to Break". I actually really like Eloisa James though I like her twist on fairy tales series better then this one. :)

message 18: by Keidy (new)

Keidy | 313 comments @Vanessa: Oh no! Well maybe we can work around your schedule. I know my weekends are full which is why I put in a Friday. What days are you available? And I'm glad you said that. I looked at her book list after I finished reading her book and saw she had a fairy tales series. I love fairy tales but I didn't enjoy Desperate Duchess so I wasn't all too sure to even consider it.

Also, we should also be thinking about times. I'm guessing evening since it's a workday. Maybe 6pm-ish?

message 19: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (roguefire) | 85 comments I haven't had a chance to read any of them, and I'm not 100% sure when I'll be able to hang until after the 21st. My wife is in the musical FAME currently (or opens the 14th) so I'm on puppy duty, not to mention throwing the cast party!

SOOOO, that being said, pick a date and if I can make it I'll be there!!

message 20: by Keidy (new)

Keidy | 313 comments @Lindsay: Congratuations to your wifie! That's so exciting! You must be proud. ^_^

Okay, so it seems that not a lot of people can make it on the 20th so what about if we pushed the date up to the next Wednesday at 6pm? That's the 25th of July.

message 21: by Bleu (new)

Bleu Caldwell (bleucaldwell) | 101 comments @Lindsay: Fame the Musical -- that sounds fun!

Wednesday the 25th would be better for me.

message 22: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 54 comments Argh the 25th is my wedding anniversary. Any day after that I'm free though.

message 23: by Austyn (new)

Austyn (nytsua) | 9 comments I'm on vacation from 25-30th, but I can try next month.

message 24: by Keidy (new)

Keidy | 313 comments Okaaaaayyy... still working on the dates here. Last adjustment unless someone wants to say otherwise. Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at the Book Cellar at 6pm. Does that work for everyone? Sorry for adjusting the dates so much but I do want to try to accommodate everyone. How does this sound to you all?

message 25: by Bleu (new)

Bleu Caldwell (bleucaldwell) | 101 comments Works for me!

message 26: by Keidy (new)

Keidy | 313 comments Woo! We got one yes! Any other takers? ^_^

message 27: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 54 comments I'll be flying into O'Hare at the time. So I won't be able to make it. I think I'll just have to wait til next month.

message 28: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (roguefire) | 85 comments Wish I could!! Have fun you guys! :D

message 29: by Keidy (new)

Keidy | 313 comments Okay. I'm just going to leave it as is then. Sorry you won't be able to make it guys. Everyone else, we will be meeting at the Book Cellar on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 6pm. Bring your ideas, notes, books/ebook readers and whatever else you think you might need. We should be having a lot of fun. ^_^

message 30: by Austyn (new)

Austyn (nytsua) | 9 comments I'm the same as Heather. I'm going to try but getting downtown that early during a weekday (and right before vacation) may be iffy.

message 31: by Keidy (new)

Keidy | 313 comments Hmmmm... Would 7pm be better? I don't want it to be too late since it is a work day and I'm sure everyone wants to get home kinda earlyish.

message 32: by Austyn (new)

Austyn (nytsua) | 9 comments 7pm helps me as well, but if 6pm works better for more than the 2 people speaking up so far don't feel obligated to change it.

message 33: by Keidy (new)

Keidy | 313 comments Okay. Then I'll keep it as 6pm. We'll see how this goes and if it doesn't do well because of some circumstance or the other we'll change the time for the second meetup. I'll definitely wait up for you guys if you make the effort to come.

message 34: by Ms. Ann (new)

Ms. Ann | 14 comments I would love to make this, but I have slacked this month and haven't picked up the books at all! (I think I was still recovering from the length of Kushiel's Dart from last month.) So I'm not sure I'd have much to add. But, have fun! I will be better next month!

message 35: by Keidy (new)

Keidy | 313 comments You still have plenty of time and they really are easy reads. I think it took me a total of four days to finish both books (about two days each) and I'm a very slow reader. And even if you haven't read it you can still come over and hang out. Wasn't it Bonnie that said there should be at least one person that hasn't read the book? ^_^

Love your picture btw. X-men forever! XD

message 36: by Ms. Ann (new)

Ms. Ann | 14 comments Keidy: I think I'm an even slower reader. Having two little kids can do that to me. And Bonnie speaks the truth! I'll try to make it!

Thankies! X-Men, yes!

message 37: by Keidy (new)

Keidy | 313 comments Oh! Having kids will do that. ^_^;

Well no pressure then. This will probably be super casual so we can maybe talk about the other books you guys read too since this is our first meeting. Or even veer off to other books or interests we have. I think other than talking about the books of the month it will be pretty open.

message 38: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (roguefire) | 85 comments How did this go? Or it didn't? :-/

message 39: by Bleu (new)

Bleu Caldwell (bleucaldwell) | 101 comments The date changed to next Tuesday, the 24th, so hasn't happened yet. I'm looking forward to it!

message 40: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (roguefire) | 85 comments OMG this is what happens when life is crazed.....I'm a week ahead of myself. *sigh*

message 41: by Keidy (new)

Keidy | 313 comments OH NO! I'm so sorry! I know how that feels. I do that all the time!

For everyone else, I just want to repeat that we are meeting at the Book Cellar on Tuesday, July 24, 2012 at 6pm.

Book Cellar
4736-38 North Lincoln Avenue
Chicago, IL 60625
(773)293-2665

Here's the link to the bookstore. I haven't been there before but I'm sure their directions are correct:

http://www.bookcellarinc.com/

I'm not sure how big this place is but maybe we should all meet at the cafe area? They sell liquor. Liquor and reading goes well together. Also, they have other refreshments there which is good.

This is it! These are the dates and times! I promise not to change anything else.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to write them down in this topic. I'm hoping that we can keep chatting until 8pm at the most so if you're late, don't worry about it. I'll at least be there until that time. :)

message 42: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (roguefire) | 85 comments Sweet! :) I'm still a 'maybe' but you know I'll try my hardest!

message 43: by Keidy (new)

Keidy | 313 comments Don't forget gals and guys, tomorrow is the day! I can't wait to meet you all! XD

message 44: by Austyn (new)

Austyn (nytsua) | 9 comments I'm not going to make it :( too much to finish at work before vacation starts. I'll have to make it next month. Have fun!

message 45: by Keidy (new)

Keidy | 313 comments Okay. Sorry you ladies won't be able to make it. Another time. ^_^

message 46: by Bleu (new)

Bleu Caldwell (bleucaldwell) | 101 comments Keidy wrote: "Don't forget gals and guys, tomorrow is the day! I can't wait to meet you all! XD"

Looking forward to it! I'll be driving from work in Northbrook so I might be a little late if traffic is bad, but I'll be there!

message 47: by Ms. Ann (new)

Ms. Ann | 14 comments Sadly, it looks like I won't make it tomorrow. Enjoy, all! I'll look forward to hearing how great it was.

message 48: by Keidy (new)

Keidy | 313 comments Okay. Since no one is posting dismay and betrayal, I think it's safe to say that it was just me and Bleu at this meet. We had an AWESOME time talking about the books and life and other kinds of geekery! XD

I managed to catch her trying to get into the bookstore as I scheduled the ONLY time during the week that they close at 6pm. Just my luck... I'm sorry to anyone that tried to get there and didn't catch us. We did wait until around 6:30pm until we relocated to this cute dinner cafe right across the street.

For the next month, I won't be able to push for a schedule since I will be going to school and working. I might be able to join in but it's not a for sure thing. I'm not sure how busy I will be. But I really hope that we can join up again for the next book at least while the weather is still warm.

Hope you guys had a good day! It really brightened up from the FRIGHTENING morning we had and I hope to hear from you all soon. ^_^

message 49: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (roguefire) | 85 comments SO glad you two got to meet up! And sorry I couldn't make it. :( I too have grad school starting back up in August, but I might be able to take a lil' break from that one day depending on how the progress is going.

Work and school comes before Vaginal Fantasy I suppose....

In any case - thanks for setting this up Keidy, and I hope to meet you guys soon!

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

I meant to reply before... Tuesday's can't work for me. I'm either editing my podcast or at the gym Tuesday nights. Any other night of the week (apart from Sunday when we record) will work for me. I do want to make it to a meetup soon.

« previous 1 3 4