Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Morganville vampires

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Hawker | 40 comments Hi there

I wondered what anyone thought of the morganville vampire series? I haven't read the latest one as yet.

Rebecca

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Tempted By Books (michelletemptedbybooks) | 195 comments They are ok. I'm up to Ghost Town now, seems at this point I need a break but I want to finish. I like them more than House of Night, for sure.

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley  (ashleycw) LOVE Morganville. Shane is my favorite book boyfriend. Much better than House of Night.

Quick, easy to read, fun, and I like the vampires as bad guys aspect.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments I really like this series too, it is just a fun series with really loveable characters.
They are pretty fast reads. The only downfall to them is that each book ends with a cliffhanger. Some are worse than others but they all have them.

If you are just starting out reading them though there are a lot in the series out already so you don't have to wait for the next book, well not until you get to the last one anyways

message 5: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (wckdktty) | 13 comments Read them all, but this last one was a little bit of a downer for me. Too drawn out.

message 6: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Hawker | 40 comments Yes, I really liked the characters and enjoyed glass houses immensely. I liked the way they protected her when the vamps came by, bringing her in to their world but keeping her safe.

message 7: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 565 comments Great series but there are major cliffhangers at the end of each book with the next book starting right at that point, which i guess is good in a way. One book ends with a door opening and the next book starts with who is at the door. My recommendation would be to have all the series lined up to read in a row.

message 8: by M.K. (new)

M.K. Wilke (mkwilke) | 15 comments I have not read them yet but i am interested I just have to get around to getting time to read right now. :) I wish I could tell you more.

message 9: by C.C. (new)

C.C. | 219 comments I was only able to read the first book. It was interesting enough but there are parts where, I wanted more action, suspense etc. and it was not given :(
And the cliffhanger was so @#$%ing frustrating.

But I'll still read the next books. I've heard a lot of good things about it. :D

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments The books do get better and better as they go CC, more action and even romance but yeah, they ALL have a cliffhanger ending which can be a little frustrating.

message 11: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Hawker | 40 comments Hi

The cliffhanger at the end didn't bother me, maybe because lots of the books are out - so it makes you want to carry on reading (guessing that is the author's intention anyway!)

message 12: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Hawker | 40 comments What did everyone think of the idea of the town run by vampires?

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments I think it is a totally different and fun way to look at vampires. Instead of them hiding it is pretty out in the open (except for where the college is concerned). I don't know, I really enjoy that twist.

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Tempted By Books (michelletemptedbybooks) | 195 comments I have to say that I'm really enjoying Bite Club and I enjoyed the one before it too. Some are better than others. I REALLY wish the humans would slap the vamps down inner of these days though.