Book Geeks and Bookniks discussion

Genre Challenge > June Genre Challenge - Suspense

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melki (new)

Melki This is a rather vague genre. If you look up "popular suspense books" on GRs, you'll find everything from mystery to political thriller to horror. So go wild! Read something gripping.
As they say at speedways and monster truck rallies,
"We'll sell you the whole seat but you'll only need the edge!"

message 2: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Defending Jacob has been described as suspense, and since that's what I'm reading now, I'm not going to quibble!

message 3: by Mathew (new)

Mathew Bookworm Smith John Grisham, would you consider most of his books suspense? I'm thinking of rereading The Broker.

message 4: by Theresa (new)

Theresa I've finished up my suspense choice, Defending Jacob, which I thought was good. For those of you who like Jodi Picoult's books, you will probably like this one as well.

message 5: by Mathew (new)

Mathew Bookworm Smith Vicky wrote: "I'm reading The Summons. It is good so far. I may have to start reading John Grisham again. I can't seem to figure out why I stopped reading them."

I liked that one too. I've liked all JG books.

message 6: by Cyndi (new)

Cyndi (bookchick64) ...I just finished The Grifters....I think this applies.

message 7: by Melki (new)

Melki I would say that certainly qualifies.
I don't know if I'm going to read that one or not. I've seen the movie several times - so no surprises. Plus, I have 2 other Jim Thompson books I haven't read yet.

message 8: by Cyndi (new)

Cyndi (bookchick64) Melki...this was my first Jim Thompson...definitely want more..

message 9: by Cyndi (new)

Cyndi (bookchick64) I am reading Mumbai Noir by Altaf Tyrewala Altaf Tyrewala very well done anthology and full of suspense.

message 10: by Kel (new)

Kel | 34 comments "The Hangman's Daughter" was listed as Historical Thriller and I am working my way through it. Had a quick break to read the latest Nora Roberts' book.

message 11: by Melki (new)

Melki I have just not had a very suspenseful month. The only thing I've read that could qualify as suspense was Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter - highly recommended.
There are still a few days left...
I'll see what I can squeeze in.

message 12: by Annika (new)

Annika Melki wrote: "I have just not had a very suspenseful month. The only thing I've read that could qualify as suspense was Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter - highly recommended.
There are still a few days left...
..."

I loved Crooked Letter Crooked Letter!