Michael Crichton Fans discussion

Who to read now that he's gone

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brandin (new)

Brandin (pan_dim_onium) | 19 comments Mod
I've been reading the Prendergast novels by Preston and Child, but they aren't really that great. I enjoy Robin Cook's Jack Stapleton character, but the books are progressively less about him. I just can't find anything to read that is at all comparable to Crichton's work. Any suggestions?

message 2: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (elizabethdarcy2594) I hear that Clive Cussler is supposed to be rather good. I picked up a book of his recently, but I haven't started it just yet. Perhaps you could look into his books.

message 3: by Brandin (new)

I'd heard about his style, but he has so many books out I have no idea where to start.

message 4: by Kirby (new)

Kirby | 11 comments just finished a book by Tess Gerritsen. it was sort of crichton-esque. will definitely read more of hers.

message 5: by Brandin (new)

Kirby wrote: "just finished a book by Tess Gerritsen. it was sort of crichton-esque. will definitely read more of hers."

Was it one of the Rizzoli & Isles books or something else?

message 6: by Kirby (new)

Kirby | 11 comments Brandin wrote: "Kirby wrote: "just finished a book by Tess Gerritsen. it was sort of crichton-esque. will definitely read more of hers."

Was it one of the Rizzoli & Isles books or something else?"

no, I've never read any with those characters...I read Harvest, which dealt with the black market organ business. it was a medical thriller that had information about an actual real-world problem...I guess that was why it reminded me of crichton.

have you read the rizzoli and isles books?

message 7: by Brandin (new)

I haven't I just knew that was a series Gerritsen was known for.
Lately I've been reading Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Holmes stories in order. They really are amazing, though knowing the ending already kind of sucks. Has anyone read his Lost World?

St[♥]r Pr!nc:$$ N[♥]wsheen pictures, pictures, pictures ||| ♥ Zin Uru ♥ |||| i came up with a lot of my own litt. last year so if i ever get my lazy bum to a publisher you can Read Me .

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Wiginton | 3 comments Robin Cook is a great science fiction author as well and writes about the same stuff as Crichton.

message 10: by Anna (new)

Anna | 4 comments There's a couple by Richard Preston that read Chriton-esque like that are fantastic, medical thrillers. I wish there were more authors in the science/future science field that weren't too sci-fi for me.

message 11: by Anna (new)

Anna | 4 comments I've also read a couple by Cussler, they are certainly full of adventure but not so much on the science front. I think they remind me a bit of Indiana Jones/007 kind of story-lines. That being said he has a HUGE catalogue so maybe I just haven't found the right ones yet. :)

message 12: by Kirby (new)

Kirby | 11 comments Well, I've now read a couple of Rizzoli and Isles books, and I don't think they're as good as Gerritsen's stand alones.

message 13: by Supersagebrod (new)

Supersagebrod | 4 comments Dan Brown's "Digital Fortress" has a slight Michael Crichton feel to it.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Harvest (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Tess Gerritsen (other topics)