Writers and Readers discussion

Reading Room > Beta Readers Wanted

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by T.S. (new)

T.S. Cage (TSCage) | 17 comments Hello Readers!

I'm hoping to find people interested in giving my novella draft a read over. It is in an early phase and I want to get a variety of people to comment on it.

The text is a bit over 40,000 words (20 chapters), sci-fi, and "the best thing you will ever read your entire life." ;)

Message me privately if you are interested, we can exchange emails and talk more.

Thank you!

message 2: by T.S. (new)

T.S. Cage (TSCage) | 17 comments Your name will be included in my novella when it is released. Who doesn't want to be acknowledged in print?

message 3: by Karen (new)

Karen A. Wyle (kawyle) | 88 comments I'd love some more beta readers for my current novel (working title: Reflections). It's a family drama with mystery elements, set in an afterlife of my own devising. Tag line: death is what you make it. . . .

And I'll be including some front or back matter thanking my beta readers by name (unless you'd rather not be mentioned).

I can make a free e-copy available in .prc, .epub, PDF, or .doc format.

message 4: by Lena (new)

Lena | 24 comments I'm looking for a few people to beta read a gritty, realistic ya novel. I'd prefer someone who reads ya and can help me decide if it's too graphic. Contains graphic language, and, though not detailed, consensual sex between teens, bullying, sexual harassment, and some mild fighting, as well as alluding to child molestation. If any of that bothers you, esp language, you will not want to read this.
In a beta, I look for someone who can read and add comments on a Word doc, offer pacing suggestions, cuts if anything is boring or redundant, and edits if you see anything while reading, though this is not required. Also, a commitment to get back to me in a month would be fantastic.
please let me know if you can help!
thanks!