The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Team Scavenger Hunt > Round 2 Scavenger Hunt-Discussion Thread

Comments Showing 1-50 of 129 (129 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Round 2 general discussion

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Only one more week to sign up!

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫
Everybody's doin' a brand new game now
Come on, baby, do the Team Scavenger Hunt
I know you'll get to like it if you give it a chance now
Come on, baby, do the Team Scavenger Hunt
My little baby sister can do it with ease
It's easier than learning your ABC's
So come on, come on, do the Team Scavenger Hunt with me

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) So really I was hanging out with my little baby sister today discussing the challenge. Particularly finding the items in a book you hadn't read before. Title and cover are the easy way to go but you never know what is inside until you read it.

So I am going to open up a help thread for finding books with our items in it. I will post it in our Team challenge section for now but will probably move it to the help section after this challenge in case anyone ever needs a specific book again.

I am going to start with books I know, but anyone can feel free to add to the list.

message 4: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) Thanks Dawn!! I'm so excited to play this and I've already started looking at the books I'm reading for July to find the items.

message 5: by Ezi (new)

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 1882 comments Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "So really I was hanging out with my little baby sister today discussing the challenge. Particularly finding the items in a book you hadn't read before. Title and cover are the easy way to go but yo..."

do we know what items we are looking for already?
Or are you deciding on those items now?

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) The items we will be looking for are here .

The help thread is here .

message 7: by Ezi (new)

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 1882 comments THANK YOU!
I will begin compiling my list now.

message 8: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) Does a ship or a horse count as a vehicle?

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) merriam-webster states a vehicle is a means of carrying or transporting something. I think my original thought was a moterized vehicle, but I didn't state that so anything that conveys something else could be construed as a vehicle.

message 10: by ~Leslie~ (last edited Jun 19, 2012 07:11AM) (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) I knew the definition of vehicle, but did want to know what you intended. Well, if I give it some thought - in order to be true to the intent - a horse would not be a vehicle, but a carriage would be. It's a conveyance.
Obviously too much time on my hands this morning:=}} LOL!!

message 11: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Personally I wouldn't count the horse, but since I wasn't specific it would count here as it is a means of transporting something.

message 12: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Anyone know Julianne, Bookie ≡ The BookChick, Anino. If so give em a lil push to check thier mail. As soon as I hear from them we can have teams.

message 13: by Ezi (new)

Ezi Chinny (ezinwanyi) | 1882 comments told Bookie & Anino. sorry but I don't know Julianne

message 14: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Thanks, we are down to 2 more.

message 15: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) Sorry, Dawn, I don't know them either.

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) I'll PM Bookie and Anino, but I know Bookie just left for a family vacation

message 17: by Katya (new)

Katya I asked Bookie and she said she couldn't do it and Anino said she forgot to respond with everything going on....maybe she changed her mind too????

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) Anino wants to- just got a PM back from her

message 19: by Anino (new)

Anino  (anino) Sorry ladies... I totally forgot about it.. But I'm still interested.

message 20: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Teams are posted, generated by random.org. Find yours and get to know your team mates. Pick a team name and a captain.

The team captain doesn't have a lot of responsibility, basicly a second set of eyes to make sure I update the spread sheet right and don't miss anything.

message 21: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 2084 comments ok, I only see Team 2 & Team 3 -- I'm on neither

message 22: by Katya (new)

Katya Pat wrote: "ok, I only see Team 2 & Team 3 -- I'm on neither"

Pat, I think you are in team one.

message 23: by PepperP0t (last edited Jun 24, 2012 04:51AM) (new)

PepperP0t  | 2084 comments i can't see team one even when i go thru the discussion thread - its hidden

never mind my machine is having GR fun. this is the only thread i can see right now

message 24: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) ♡ Amethyst ♡ wrote: "Are the teams full now? Am I too late?"

Sorry, but yes. I can keep you on a standby list in case someone has to drop out.

message 25: by Lina (last edited Jun 25, 2012 04:09AM) (new)

Lina Good luck everyone! May the fastest readers win! :-)

message 26: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos), Group Creator (new)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 3564 comments Mod
Dawn our team name is Wicked Readers and I am team leader.

Toni ~married to a hunk~ (tonileigh) Team 2 is called Savage Scavengers and Jenne and Toni are co-captains to the team.

message 28: by Lina (new)

Lina Not Team 2, we don't have anyone called Jenne or Toni in our team.

message 29: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) I got team 1 & 3 names updated.

message 30: by Anino (new)

Anino  (anino) Am I on Team 3?

Toni ~married to a hunk~ (tonileigh) Toni ~married to a hunk~ wrote: "Team 2 is called Savage Scavengers and Jenne and Toni are co-captains to the team."
I meant team 3 sorry :-(

Toni ~married to a hunk~ (tonileigh) Anino you are on team 3

message 33: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Just over 24 hours to go ladies! Not that I really plan on posting the item at midnight, but if I am still up that late I might so I can sleep in Sunday with out the urgency to get out of bed.

message 34: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) I like that plan, Dawn!! Because I like to get up early and then I'll be able to plan what I'm reading this week:=}}

message 35: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Well it is technically Sunday morning, the item is posted and I am off to bed. Have fun picking your books.

message 36: by ~Leslie~ (new)

~Leslie~ (akareadingmachine) Thanks Dawn!

message 37: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) I have a request just to help me out. I just realized I missed some points from easlier in the week. In all honesty I only skimmed the team threads. I thought they were posts about what was going to be read not realizing they were finished.

To help me out when you post your official review to claim your points put some sort of header on it. I don't mind what format you use, I am not that OCD. But I feel bad I missed points and don't wan't to do it again.

Something like this is what I was thinking.

Finished Bridge Book
Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night 7/7/12
4 stars
Other items: Creatures, shoes, hat

Here is my review, blah blah blah blah etc.

message 38: by Jenne (new)

Jenne  (jennetheinstigator) No problem Dawn!

message 39: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Jul 07, 2012 11:23PM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Random venting: I think next go around the item should not be chosen on Sunday.

SOS Bingo has announced thier shelf of the week and I can't start reading for another 6 hours until I know what item to read for the scavenger hunt. Grrrrrr.

ETA: I did break down and start reading. I'll just have to read fast so I can get to my book for this challenge.

message 40: by Lina (new)

Lina LOL!!

message 41: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Ok, it is the end of week one. None of the teams have actual points yet but here is the tally of items found. It is a close race.

Team 1- 16
Team 2- 12
Team 3- 15
Team 4- 16

message 42: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) Dawn (Kat N Hat) wrote: "Random venting: I think next go around the item should not be chosen on Sunday."

Good point, Dawn. Maybe Monday?

message 43: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Team 1 Wicked Readers has just scored the first point of the game!

Toni ~married to a hunk~ (tonileigh) Good work Wicked Readers

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ (wolffaerie17) | 1260 comments Good job Wicked Readers!

message 46: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (last edited Jul 15, 2012 07:37AM) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) End of week 2 and we have some points

Items
Team 1- 44
Team 2- 39
Team 3- 43
Team 4- 36

Team 2- 0
Team 3- 1
Team 4- 0

message 47: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) I had this discussion on one of the threads (not sure which one now). While different cultures have difernt views, for the purpose of this challenge graveyard, cemetary, burial ground all have the same meaning.

message 48: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cynx) | 408 comments Does it have to specifically speak about graveyards, cemeteries, or burial grounds or does this quote work? ...

"She even managed to switch her shift from graveyard to days at the hospital so she can spend every night with him."

message 49: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) Cindy wrote: "Does it have to specifically speak about graveyards, cemeteries, or burial grounds or does this quote work? ...

"She even managed to switch her shift from graveyard to days at the hospital so she ..."

Cindy that counts as graveyard.

message 50: by Dawn (Kat N Hat) (new)

Dawn (Kat N Hat) (katnhat) All four teams now have thier bridge point!

« previous 1 3