Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

THE BRASS VERDICT by Michael Connelly: combining editions

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne McCray | 4 comments Hello,

There are four "blank-cover" editions of this book beneath the actual novel. I think the four need to be deleted or combined with the correct one.

http://www.goodreads.com/search/searc...

I'm not sure about the audio CD editions. There are two listed. Do they need to be combined?

Thanks,

Chey

JG (The Introverted Reader) | 463 comments I combined them all and then deleted the ones that didn't have an isbn or cover.

Audio editions are combined with their books.

message 3: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne McCray | 4 comments Kewl. :o) Not sure what you mean by audio editions are combined with their books? They should always be separate...or am I totally misunderstanding? I choose the audio version of most books because anymore I just listen to audiobooks.

It's early here, so excuse me for my tired brain. :o)

JG (The Introverted Reader) | 463 comments Here's what the librarian manual says:

"do combine:
Different publications of the same book.
Different formats of the book (hardcover, paperback, audio)
Editions/translations of the book in other languages. Even though many translations differ significantly, we've made the decision to combine them all, and have people note the differences in their reviews."

Each individual edition is still in the database, but the reviews for all editions are linked after you combine them.

message 5: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne McCray | 4 comments It must be too early for me. :o)