Catching up on Classics (and lots more!) discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives Retired Folder Threads > Poll Results! (June-July-August-September 2012 Old School, and Contemporary)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha (last edited Jun 05, 2012 07:01PM) (new)

Trisha | 492 comments One winner, and then a 3-way tie?! Seriously! Hahaha! I guess we have our titles for the next few months! We could have just read all of the nominations this time around!
Happy reading everyone!
June: Gone with the Wind/Journey to the Center of the Earth
July: The Good Solider Svejk/ The Iliad
August: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn/ Ben Hur
Sept: Lonesome Dove/The Caine Mutiny

message 2: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jennyc89) I'm especially glad that Journey to the Center of the Earth, The Iliad, and Lonesome Dove won!

message 3: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 492 comments They all look like great reads! I am going to try my hardest to read them all
:-)

message 4: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jennyc89) The Caine Mutiny looks so good but sadly my library doesn't have it. I'm trying not to buy any more books because I already have so many, but if I do buy one before September that will be it.

message 5: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 492 comments Does your library do "inter-library loans"? Alot of the older classics that I want are not in any of our local libraries, so they will actually request it from all over PA! It takes a little longer, but it's great to know that someone somewhere has it :-)

message 6: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jennyc89) You know what? I just checked and my library does to inter-library loans! They have the Caine Mutiny so I'll request that in August. Thanks for the suggestion, it was really helpful! I just requested two books I wanted to read this month but my local libraries didn't have.

message 7: by Katy, New School Classics (new)

Katy (kathy_h) | 9439 comments Mod
So for July, The Good Soldier is it The Good Soldier The Good Soldier by Ford Madox Ford by Ford Madox Ford or The Good Soldier Švejk by Jaroslav Hašek The Good Soldier Švejk by Jaroslav Hašek? In the nominations thread message # 3 by Lolo I thought it was the 2nd book, which is not the book on our group home page. Just wondering? Either would be fine, I just want to know which book we really do plan to read. Thanks

message 8: by Trisha (new)

Trisha | 492 comments Whoops! Sorry guys! When I looked up the book, I just clicked on the first book at the top of the list and didn't realize that it wasnt' the same one. I will update that right away, thanks for noticing that!
:-)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.