Masters at Arms (Rescue Me Saga, #0.5) Masters at Arms discussion

Your thoughts on this series.

Comments Showing 1-50 of 211 (211 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

Patty I am so hooked on this series. Masters at Arms starts us on our journey with the Rescue Me series. With a new release on the horizon for this wonderful author Kallypso Masters, I thought it best to go back to the beginning and re-read the entire series. I read allot and I don't want to mix up my Dom’s. This series is a keeper for me and I will enjoy reading them over and over again.
Master at Arms #1
Nobody’s Angel #2
Nobody’s Hero #3
Nobody’s Perfect #4 and out any day now and I can’t wait for Damian's story.
Thoughts about this series?

Adriana I just started this series myself. I've read #1 and I really enjoyed it. I'm presently reading #2 so I don't have an firm opinion yet. I was hooked when I read Adam's prequel in Master at Arms. I know what you mean about mixing up the Dom's. Especially since I just finished reading Cherise Sinclair's Shadowland series which was wonderful. I need to find more series like these two.

Sylvie Patty, I'm right there with you waiting for Damian's story! Damn, but these books are great!

Bookologist, have you read Cherise Sinclair's other books, Master of the Mountain & Master of the Abyss? They are also very good.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Devoured the books in this series. I cannot wait for Damian's story. Ms Masters is a "master" storyteller!!!!

Patty Bookologist wrote: "I just started this series myself. I've read #1 and I really enjoyed it. I'm presently reading #2 so I don't have an firm opinion yet. I was hooked when I read Adam's prequel in Master at Arms. ..."

I have read almost everything authored by Charise Sinclair. More stories that can be read over and over again - love them!

As for more stories with authors that have great writing skills that make you want and care for these wonderful Doms we love to dream about here are some of my other favorites - with the same caliber of writing and story telling as Cherise Sinclair and Kallypso Masters stories -

Joey W. Hill - Nature of desire series
Qwillia Rain - Diablo Blanco Club series
Tymber Dalton - The Reluctant Dom

Adriana Sylvie wrote: "Patty, I'm right there with you waiting for Damian's story! Damn, but these books are great!

Bookologist, have you read Cherise Sinclair's other books, Master of the Mountain & Master of the Abyss..."
Yes I did Sylvie and I enjoyed them too. I'm looking for writers who are in Ms Sinclair's league but that's another trail altogether. I just finished the second book in the Rescue Me series and now I'm on to Adam's book which I've been looking forward to. I'm think about the review that I would like to write for Marc's story. I thought there was a quite a bit of repetition in the story. What does everyone think?

Sylvie Just a quick not to let you all know that Kallypso Masters has just announced that Nobody's Perfect should be out by June 19th! Huzzah! Damian's story at last!

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...

Patty I just finished reading Masters at Arms and I absolutly love the set up for the books to come. I like it when I am emotionally invested in the characters and this brings such a wonderful way of setting up the history that brings these guys together. It's been awhile since I first read the books and I don't want to mix up my stories. So in preperation for Damian's story I started to read the series again. I will certainly finish all of them between now and the 19th. Like I said, I don't want to mix up my Dom's. On count down to the 19th. In the meantime Nobody’s Angel #2 will be next for me.

Sylvie Just wanted to let you all know that Kallypso Masters is embarking on a virtual book tour for Nobody's Perfect, complete with interviews and giveaways!

Scroll down a little ways to the June 15th entry for the list of websites she's visiting. Today (for Books-n-kisses) Damian gave an interview and it was awesome!

Sibylla Matilde hot Hot HOT!!!

message 11: by Tracey (last edited Jul 06, 2012 08:39AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tracey I love these books! Kallypso does a wonderful job of drawing you in and letting you get attached to the characters. How could you not fall in love with them?

message 12: by Sylvie (last edited Jul 06, 2012 01:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sylvie There's a new excerpt from Nobody's Perfect on Kally's blog! (and a couple of giveaways!)

And Tracey, you're so right! These characters are so real and three-dimensional! Normally, I'd be a little nervous about reading what will clearly be a VERY intense read. But somehow I just can't wait to see what happens to these people. And, of course, see them have their happy endings!

Brynn Patty wrote: "I am so hooked on this series. Masters at Arms starts us on our journey with the Rescue Me series. With a new release on the horizon for this wonderful author Kallypso Masters, I thought it best ..."

I finished these a few weeks back & I cant wait for Damian's story. I liked Adam's story the best so far. I am reading Lora Leigh's Elite Ops right now but I'm wanting to read The Shadowlands after this series. There's so many series I wanna read just dont know where to find the time :)

Sibylla Matilde Ooooh.... the Shadowlands are mega HOT!

Beatrice I finish reading the first 3 books loved them. Can't wait to read Nobody's Perfect.

Sibylla Matilde ****tapping fingers on desk impatiently**** Anyone know when Nobody's Perfect will be available on Amazon?

message 17: by Sylvie (last edited Aug 01, 2012 07:51PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sylvie According to Kallypso Masters, it should come out sometime in August. On her blog, she's written about how intense Nobody's Perfect is going to be, and how difficult it's been to write on several levels, and that's why the release has been delayed.

Samantha I love these books so much! They are one of my favorites I am retreading them now to remember all of t when nobody's perfect comes out! Which is end of August but not he same day miss sinclairs Xavier story comes out which I believe is te 28th! I love both authors! The stories are so realistic and sexy as hell! I mean come on they are hot! I love to read and theses books for sure I would live more recommends if u have any! And I've read many books if anyone would like some recs here selfs!

Innocence lost I loved this series and can't wait for book 4 to come out. I have also read The Shadowlands series and would like to find more like these. I could not put any of these book down for anything. I also just finshed Backstage Pass and Rock on by Olivia Cunning they were good also.

message 20: by Rjsmommy (last edited Aug 03, 2012 01:34PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rjsmommy This is my first BDSM series I've read (I don't really count 50 Shades) and loved it..not necessarily because of the BDSM but more for the characters and their stories. I chose the series for the military men angle not the BDSM and I love her portrayal as returning war heros struggling to adjust back to civilian life. I love how Ms. Masters has really made us care about her characters because she took the time to give us their full background stories and develop them. They are multi-layered people with strengths and weaknesses who make mistakes and sometimes suffer way too much for them. Can't wait to see how Damian and Savi sort out their past, present and future.

Sylvie Rjsmommy, I feel the same way. Also, I love that in addition to the starring couple, we get to read the ongoing stories of the other couples in the series. Kally has blogged that in addition to Damian and Savi's story, we'll also be reading a lot about Marc and Angelina. And, I hope we'll get more of the set-up to Luke and Cassie's story that she began in Nobody's Hero.

Rjsmommy I also can't wait for Grant's story...which I believe will be the return of Karla's brother Ian!

Sylvie But Ian died in a motorcycle accident. That's why Karla was so despondent when she showed up to audition at the club, and why she was so angry that Adam rode Damian's motorcycle.

message 24: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim I discovered the series a few months ago and I couldn't get enough. Master Adam is the master dom.

Kallypso is such a wonderful writer - once I started reading I couldn't put it down. The more I read the more I wanted.

Kallypso is right up there with my faviorite authors: Catherine Coulter, Janet Evanovich, and JK Rowling. I can barely contain my excitement over the 4th upcoming book "Nobody's Perfect" with Damian and Savi.

Rjsmommy Sylvie wrote: "But Ian died in a motorcycle accident. That's why Karla was so despondent when she showed up to audition at the club, and why she was so angry that Adam rode Damian's motorcycle."

Yes, but look at the summary for Gravt's story at Ms. Master's Website:

V. Grant is a rare female Marine who served in combat in Iraq because of her special skills. She continued to use those skills with Black Ops defense contractors after her discharge from the Corps, but when fellow military contractor Liam Baxter betrayed her, she returned stateside to nurse her wounded pride and regroup. Joining her fellow Marine buddies who now own the Masters at Arms Club, she regains some control as the club's most popular FemDom, Mistress Grant. But she needs to restore her reputation and complete the mission she was forced to abandon.

When unforeseen circumstances bring Liam back into her life, she wants revenge. But Liam has changed. Bitter, withdrawn, and more than a little confused about their past in Iraq, he's not the idealistic patriot she left behind in Iraq. What secrets is he hiding? What is he searching for? And why does he seem to be so obsessed with her former master sergeant's woman, Karla?

And look at what Karla said in relation to her brother:, he was very patriotic and proud to be a marine. Also note all the medals and honors that Adam saw when he stayed in Ian's room. He commented on how many there were since he was in for such a short amount of time. (Ask yourself, why would such a marine leave after just one tour).

Next, the comments Karla makes about Ian seemingly pulling away and distancing himself before his "death" and finally the fact that he had a closed casket funeral where his family never saw him.

In my opinion, this all sets up for Ian going black ops and that's who "Liam" really is.

Sylvie Wow, I hadn't thought about that. If it's true, what will it do to Karla to know that her brother could disappear like that on her, whatever the reason? Good thing she'll have Adam's support!

message 27: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue I love this series, can not wait for the next book. I feel it gives a true view of BDSM rather than the romanticised version in Fifty Shades, although I enjoyed that as well but not as much as these!

Beatrice ok everyone the release date for Nobody's Perfect is Sept 14... So excited!!!!!

Sibylla Matilde Beatrice wrote: "ok everyone the release date for Nobody's Perfect is Sept 14... So excited!!!!!"

Yay!

Sylvie Beatrice wrote: "ok everyone the release date for Nobody's Perfect is Sept 14... So excited!!!!!"

After all the waiting, the anticipation, the suspense, I like to think that I'll read it slowly and savor the experience. But I know myself too well. I'll probably devour it all in one marathon sitting, and NOBODY better bother me!

Innocence lost I can not wait for this book to come out I have been patiently waiting since I finished Nobodys Hero.

Julie Does anyone know when book 4 is going to come out?

Patty Kally's still doing edits - i cant wait either.

Beatrice Julie wrote: "Does anyone know when book 4 is going to come out?"
as per her blog it said Sept 14

Crystal I read the first 3 in about a day and a half. I just couldn't put it down. I can't wait for Sept 4th! So ready for the 4th book!

Patty Cant wait for September 14th - yea!

Sylvie I just finished rereading Nobody's Hero for about the fourth time (re-re-re-rereading?) to get ready. Can't wait for some Damian!

Chris So Far I am loving it! I cant wait for the next!!

Innocence lost I am glad I am not the only one to re-read these. I have re-read the series 3 times. Also The Masters of the Shadowlands series.

Patty Patiently waiting (well, trying to be patient). At least its september, hopefully no further delays. Cant wait to read this.

Lynda I have also begun reading the series, I am on book #4. My favorite was book #1. I keep reading them, although, they seem to be getting a bit boring to me? I prefer a little more domination...

Sylvie A week from tomorrow! Whoopee!!

message 43: by Zury (last edited Sep 06, 2012 11:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zury Patty wrote: "I am so hooked on this series. Masters at Arms starts us on our journey with the Rescue Me series. With a new release on the horizon for this wonderful author Kallypso Masters, I thought it best ..."

Patty, this is a favorite of mine, along with Cherise Sinclair and Tymber Dalton. Book # 2 was my least favorite, but still a great book. I can't wait for Damian's book to be out, I know it will be a very intense book! I think is coming out this month, the 16th maybe?

And since you mentioned it, one of my all time favorite books is the Reluctant Dom. Just thinking about the story makes my eyes mist with tears!
Did you read Cherise Sinclair's last book from her Masters of Dark Haven series? Is Master Xavier's book (My Liege of Dark Haven), the owner of Dark Haven.

Lynda Master of Dark Have Series? I will have to read that definately ! is it wrong to LOVE these Dom books?

message 45: by Zury (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zury Lynda wrote: "Master of Dark Have Series? I will have to read that definately ! is it wrong to LOVE these Dom books?"

My apologies, is called "Mountain Masters" Series.

http://www.goodreads.com/series/55662...

Lynda I read this, it was a great read ! THANKS

Lynda Does the Mountain series have to be read in order? I was wrong, I just read the first book in the series, wasnt aware their were more.

Jessie Oh my gosh! I LOVE this series. Not only for the hot, steamy, BDSM; but because of the emotions & tortured souls these men/women may have. Don't pass these books up. I'm looking forward to reading Damian & Savi's story.

message 49: by Zury (last edited Sep 07, 2012 08:24AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zury I think you can read this book (My Liege of Dark Haven) as a stand alone, however, all the characters from the previous 4 stories will show up towards the end (at a party). I would say you don't "have" to read the other 4 books, but it would help you know who is who. Besides, they are great!

message 50: by Mare (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mare Hernandez I'm rereading the all books waiting oh-not-so-patiently for Nobody's perfect! I'm falling in love all over again for this hawt Doms and his subs. I can't wait for the 14th!
But for what I read above now I'm looking forward to Mistress Grant's. OMG! A woman of my own heart *winks* I love steamy Doms but i love more a sizzling Domme.

« previous 1 3 4 5