Dragonfly Guild discussion

Main Info > Questions and Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie (new)

Maggie (maggie-swift) | 48 comments Mod
Ask (or suggest) away!

message 2: by John (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 6 comments Excuse me, but I notice you have a system going with your names. (For instance, you don't have any Ashley Turners.) Would you mind explaining a little bit further into that?

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) | 42 comments Pardon? Could you rephrase the first bit of your question?

message 4: by John (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 6 comments Okay, well you know you have Hai Ro’Hiro, Jara Ro’Jara, Kil Ro’Gon, and Heyto Ro’Shon. Is there a particular culture you're taking these names from, or do they need to just sound fantasyish, or is there no particular significance in the names themselves at all? (I noticed some seemed a little Japanese... but I didn't want to presume.) Origin, is what I'm asking I suppose.

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) | 42 comments I don't believe they're from any particular origin. More fantasy-related, but I'd confirm with Maggie whenever she comes back on.

message 6: by Maggie (last edited May 31, 2012 06:58PM) (new)

Anything goes, but make it sound fantasy-ish, like Ivi said. For boys, it's Ro' + father's name, and for girls it's Ha' + mother's name. I guess they do sound a little Oriental or Japanese in origin, but that's just because all my fantasy names sound flowery. :3

message 7: by John (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 6 comments Thank you.

message 8: by Maggie (new)

No problem. Anything else, or are you good?

message 9: by John (new)

John Egbert (heirofbreath) | 6 comments No, that was my only question.

message 10: by Ada (new)

Ada (caladhieledhel-mellon) Hallo! In "Announcements," a map was mentioned by Sarah. Where can one find this map?

message 11: by Ada (new)

Ada (caladhieledhel-mellon) Also, is it fair to assume that smaller countries on the borders of Hydraria are regularly absorbed into it and required to pay heavy taxes to the main body, in the form of crops and livestock, to support Hydraria's apparently large army and warlike lifestyle?

message 12: by Maggie (new)

Oh, I have to upload the map--we just scanned it on recently. Yes, and yes, for the absorption; sort of a "we're your rulers now, do what we say but you can have your own culture if you pay tithes" sort of idea.

message 13: by Ada (new)

Ada (caladhieledhel-mellon) Thanks! One more thing: would it be possible for someone from those conquered lands to be selected by the Dragonfly Guild, or allowed to join the swordmasters?

message 14: by Kiwi's Hero is Sydney Davies ❤, "As you wish..." (last edited Jun 03, 2012 08:11AM) (new)

Kiwi's Hero is Sydney Davies ❤ (sarahkiwi) | 22 comments Mod
May I make a suggestion?

I might have to make a topic for people to advertise their groups so we don't end up doing stupid things... :D

message 15: by Maggie (new)

Helen wrote: "Thanks! One more thing: would it be possible for someone from those conquered lands to be selected by the Dragonfly Guild, or allowed to join the swordmasters?"

Yes, since they're citizens of Hydraria now. That would create great character conflict, too.

message 16: by Maggie (new)

Sarah (Kiwi) wrote: "May I make a suggestion?

I might have to make a topic for people to advertise their groups so we don't end up doing stupid things... :D"

Well, seeing as you already did... it's fine, you don't need to ask, Sarah.

message 17: by Kiwi's Hero is Sydney Davies ❤, "As you wish..." (new)

Helen wrote: "Thanks! One more thing: would it be possible for someone from those conquered lands to be selected by the Dragonfly Guild, or allowed to join the swordmasters?"

That gave me an idea... Maybe one of us could volunteer to make a person who ends up BEING A TRAITOR!!! They could relay info back and forth, spying on us!!!

And, also we can make a charrie group for the Kalceans, too? I don't want to have to do it without a majority rule, though.

message 18: by Maggie (new)

We'll add the Kalceans later, after we get these two rps going. Those and the palace rps, too, so some people can be royalty if they wish. The main focus is on these two, though.

message 19: by Jo (new)

Jo (Penname8) I was hoping for Hydrarian nobility...

Iviana (The Sign Painter) Mʘ‿ʘP (thesignpainter) | 42 comments Same here. When time comes, I suppose.

message 21: by Kiwi's Hero is Sydney Davies ❤, "As you wish..." (new)

... I guess so. I'll talk to Maggie about it. (She's downstairs right now :D)

Isn't it weird that we're both living with each other but you know both of us...? I guess it sounded weirder in my head... :P