Archives - '11 - '12 > Raphael - Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments This thread is to discuss:
Raphael by D.B. Reynolds Raphael (Vampires in America, #1) by D.B. Reynolds

Discussion to begin in June.

message 2: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments I am having a hard time finding a copy of this one and don't know that I want to pay money for it.

message 3: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 3121 comments There was something about this book that seemed off to me. I liked Cyn, but do think that she at times she was TSTL. I couldn't believe how she couldn't see her sister was trying to work her over. I think she should have kicked her out much sooner or at least called the police on her. She seems like the person that won't learn until she is forced to.

I didn't really care for the vampires in this one, especially Raphael, not a good thing as he was one of the main characters. What I didn't care about with the vampires was the feudal system they seemed to be ranked in. Other books have done this, but within this world it seemed so rigid and stark and the "Lord" ruled by absolute fear.

The ending was so so for me. I liked that Cyn stepped up and thought of things that the vamps didn't. I feel like the very end was a cop out and there should have been some resolution between the couple. I did like how Dante stood up and let his feelings known on two different fronts.

With my thoughts about this book I don't foresee myself continuing with the series.

message 4: by Dawn, Desperately seeking new worlds (new)

Dawn (dawnv) | 4053 comments Finally read this one and I loved it.
It is so great to see a ruthless vampire. I liked Cyn a lot and I agree at times she was TSTL but she had spunk.
I also liked that the end in that some things were resolved but others were not. I also liked the PI thing but at times I felt like the mystery portion was rather hollow and a bit anti-climatic.

I totally plan to read the next one!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Raphael (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

D.B. Reynolds (other topics)