Quills discussion

Reading > Books you didn't like

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) What is it and why?

message 2: by єɱɱą (new)

єɱɱą (singsang) | 16 comments i didn't like Crank, because it was a little too intense for me... it had a a whole load of major issues all combined in one, and just made me sad to think about all the bad stuff in our world!

message 3: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (phoebus) Good, because that was what the author wanted :P

message 4: by єɱɱą (new)

єɱɱą (singsang) | 16 comments yeah... i kinda figured... :P
but it was still a little too intense!

message 5: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (phoebus) Something to read at time, perhaps? *shrugs*

message 6: by єɱɱą (new)

єɱɱą (singsang) | 16 comments i think someone reccomended it to me...
i take it you've read it?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

THE NAME PEOPLE^^^^^

message 8: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte  (charlottep) Twilight!!! Everybody was obsessed with it, and I was too, when I was reading it, but now I'm just like: What was I thinking?????? This book is horribly written and AWFUL!!!!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Mockingjay. *Facepalm*

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Charlotte wrote: "Twilight!!! Everybody was obsessed with it, and I was too, when I was reading it, but now I'm just like: What was I thinking?????? This book is horribly written and AWFUL!!!!"

I totally agree! what is it about twilight that makes people love it when they first read it? and then you read it again and it's like, WOW....speechless with shock that I ever thought this was decent...

message 11: by Nicole (new)

Nicole The Twilight Saga. and some books I forgot.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Twilight? Please no!!!! Not *Hot*(UGH!) VAmpires and werewolves! please! spare me!

message 13: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Maria wrote: "Charlotte wrote: "Twilight!!! Everybody was obsessed with it, and I was too, when I was reading it, but now I'm just like: What was I thinking?????? This book is horribly written and AWFUL!!!!"

I ..."

Yes, that got me thinking too.

message 14: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) I reviewed Twilight a while ago, and my knee-jerk reaction was not to the writing (it certainly isn't the worst I've ever seen) but rather the almost cult following it has gained. Vampires that sparkle? Please, at least keep them true to their heritage. Also stalkers ain't cool kids.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, vampires should be scary people that suck blood. Not creep into high-schools and wear an entire can of hair gel.

message 16: by [deleted user] (last edited May 30, 2012 07:54PM) (new)

I agree with everyone. But you gotta hand it to the author...she obviously has some idea of what will appeal to people, at least enough so they'll buy it before they realize how bad it is. I don't know what it is...

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Matt wrote: "Mockingjay. *Facepalm*"

Oh. My. Gosh. That book was horrible! It was boring, the characters weren't good, and she killed so many people!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I agree. there's a point where the bloodshed in a story goes too far.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Because we had to know how someones face melted off.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Eew!!!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Im serious. In the sewer system. his flesh was "Like a candle, dripping off"

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep. Very gross. Have you read the Scorch Trials? It's just as gross.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

SAW III!!!

message 24: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Texas chainsaw massacre

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

The Hills have Eyes remake

message 26: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Nightmare on Elms street

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

It by Stephen King movie version.

message 28: by Sierra~Kelley (new)

Sierra~Kelley Emma wrote: "i didn't like Crank, because it was a little too intense for me... it had a a whole load of major issues all combined in one, and just made me sad to think about all the bad stuff in our world!"

Same.I gave up reading it when I was almost halfway through with it.Something about the story made me feel just upset...Seemed too dark..

message 29: by Charlotte (last edited Jun 01, 2012 03:27PM) (new)

Charlotte  (charlottep) Matt wrote: "Mockingjay. *Facepalm*"

Oh my gosh, I know!!! It seems like the Hunger Games get worse as they go on. The first one was amazing, the second one was pretty decent. But then, you got to the third one thinks was a disgrace!!!!! (view spoiler) Sorry, I like ranting, but it's still true!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Some people may not have read it, so you my want to put (view spoiler) in a spoiler. Just a thought.

message 31: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte  (charlottep) Oh, sorry everybody!!!!!:S I completely forgot about that.....

message 32: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) I implore thee to go back and input the spoiler command of legend!

message 33: by єɱɱą (new)

єɱɱą (singsang) | 16 comments Charlotte wrote: "Twilight!!! Everybody was obsessed with it, and I was too, when I was reading it, but now I'm just like: What was I thinking?????? This book is horribly written and AWFUL!!!!"

omg that is EXACTLY what i did!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 34: by єɱɱą (new)

єɱɱą (singsang) | 16 comments Kelley wrote: "Emma wrote: "i didn't like Crank, because it was a little too intense for me... it had a a whole load of major issues all combined in one, and just made me sad to think about all the bad stuff in o..."

exactly.

message 35: by Missy (new)

Missy | 3 comments Charlotte wrote: "Twilight!!! Everybody was obsessed with it, and I was too, when I was reading it, but now I'm just like: What was I thinking?????? This book is horribly written and AWFUL!!!!"

I got to maybe almost the end of chapter one and gave up. I didn't get why, and still DONT get why, people like it so much. Then, I watched the movie and got bored... again...

message 36: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte  (charlottep) lafon حمزة wrote: "I implore thee to go back and input the spoiler command of legend!"

Ummm how do you do that? Sorry, I'm new at this.

message 37: by [deleted user] (last edited May 31, 2012 05:41PM) (new)

You do <.spoiler> the put what you want in the spoiler, then<.spoiler/>, but without the .'s I just put those so it didn't make it into a spoiler.

message 38: by [deleted user] (last edited May 31, 2012 07:10PM) (new)

OK then when (view spoiler)

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

WHOA. Awesome!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Ikr. spoilers suck and now i can hide it! yay!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

XD

message 42: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte  (charlottep) Kk thanks everybody!:)

message 43: by Dean (new)

Dean (deantics) | 3 comments i dnt like hp....
because they are boring...

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Dean wrote: "i dnt like hp....
because they are boring..."

Boring. How in this universe are they 'boring'? They're amazing! Crazily well-written, funny, entertaining, amazing, awesome, the characters are just plain fantastic...

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Dean is just a hater.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Twilight...the sparkly vampire thing was just plain stupid.

message 47: by єɱɱą (new)

єɱɱą (singsang) | 16 comments god, yes...

message 48: by єɱɱą (new)

єɱɱą (singsang) | 16 comments Oh, i agree there... i mean, i liked it, but that one was my least favorite.

message 49: by Ciara (new)

Ciara  | 15 comments Nicely said, Hadley!
:D

MOCKINJAY. Seriously. I gave it 2 stars (it was lucky to get it!) and 1/2 a star went to it just for being a book..
It was a disgrace.
Sorry, Hunger Games-lovers.