2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2012 > Olivia's - 100 Books to Read

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited May 31, 2012 01:24PM) (new)

I've set a goal for 80 books, currently I'm at 41, over half-way and I'm not half-way through the year so I may alter my challenge to 100, but I'd rather stick to something achievable for the moment.

I have reviews from April onwards for all my books and they can be found on my blog and goodreads account for those that desire to read them.

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited May 30, 2012 04:58PM) (new)

JANUARY

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde Birdsong A Novel of Love and War by Sebastian Faulks Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4) by Jeaniene Frost Dark Challenge (Dark, #5) by Christine Feehan The Crucible by Arthur Miller Betrayal in Death (In Death, #12) by J.D. Robb A Bite to Remember (Argeneau, #5) by Lynsay Sands

*Jan 13* Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost 5/5
*Jan 13* Dark Challengeby Christine Feehan 3/5
*Jan 13* Birdsong: A Novel of Love and War by Sebastian Faulks 5/5
*Jan 14* The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde 4/5
*Jan 14* The Crucible by Arthur Miller 1/5
*Jane 15* Betrayal in Death by J.D. Robb 5/5
*Jan 25* A Bite to Rememberby Lynsay Sands 4/5

message 3: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nthnlwly) I read The Crucible in Grade 12. I HATED IT! The characters made me want to throw the book across the classroom.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree, the most horrible book I've EVER read. I detest Arthur Miller with a passion! I would very happily do that for you!

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited May 31, 2012 12:40PM) (new)

FEBRUARY

Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter, #3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost Dragon's Child (King Arthur, #1) by M.K. Hume Dark Fire (Dark, #6) by Christine Feehan

*Feb 4th* Dance with the Devil by Sherrilyn Kenyon 4/5
*Feb 5th* This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost 5/5
*Feb 24th* Dragon's Child by M.K. Hume 5/5
*Feb 28th* Dark Fire by Christine Feehan 4/5

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited May 31, 2012 12:49PM) (new)

MARCH

Seduction in Death (In Death, #13) by J.D. Robb The King's Cardinal The Rise and Fall of Thomas Wolsey (Pimlico) by Peter Gwyn Dustbin Baby by Jacqueline Wilson The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins

*March 6th* Seduction in Death by J.D. Robb 4/5
*March 9th* The King's Cardinal: The Rise and Fall of Thomas Wolsey by Peter Gwyn 3/5
*March 13th* Dustbin Baby by Jacqueline Wilson 3.5/5
*March 18th* The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 5/5
*March 22nd* Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins 5/5
*March 23rd* Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins 4/5

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited May 31, 2012 01:07PM) (new)

APRIL

Her Vampire Husband (Wicked Games, #3) by Michele Hauf The Mating (Law of the Lycans, #1) by Nicky Charles One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6) by Jeaniene Frost Reunion in Death (In Death, #14) by J.D. Robb Bonded (Law of the Lycans, #0.5) by Nicky Charles Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling, #4) by Nalini Singh Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Purity in Death (In Death, #15) by J.D. Robb Night Play (Dark-Hunter, #5; Were-Hunter, #2) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Avenger's Angel (The Lost Angel, #1) by Heather Killough-Walden The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale by Christine Bell (aka Chloe Cole) Glitch (Glitch, #1) by Heather Anastasiu Henry VII by Sea Cunningham

*April 4th* Her Vampire Husband by Michele Hauf 3/5
*April 4th* One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost 3/5
*April 6th* The Mating by Nicky Charles 3.5/5
*April 8th* Reunion in Death by J.D. Robb 5/5
*April 9th* Bonded by Nicky Charles 3.5/5
*April 13th* Kiss of the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon 4/5
*April 14th* Mine to Possess by Nalini Singh 5/5
*April 15th* Purity in Death by J.D. Robb 4/5
*April 17th* Night Play by Sherrilyn Kenyon 5/5
*April 20th* Avenger's Angel by Heather Killough-Walden 4/5
*April 22nd* The Twisted Tale of Stormy Gale by Christine Cole 4/5
*April 24th* Glitch by Heather Anastasiu 4/5
*April 30th* Henry VII by Sean Cunningham 1/5

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

MAY

Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5) by Nalini Singh Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6) by Nalini Singh Blackbirds (Miriam Black, #1) by Chuck Wendig The Bewitching Tale of Stormy Gale by Christine Bell (aka Chloe Cole) The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward The Golden Flute (Adventures of Lilli and Zane, #1) by Catherine Lanigan Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling, #7) by Nalini Singh Ophelia by Lisa M. Klein The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) by Julie Kagawa The Grim Grotto (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #11) by Lemony Snicket

*May 4th* Hostage to Pleasure by Nalini Singh 4/5
*May 5th* Branded by Fire by Nalini Singh 5/5
*May 6th* Blackbirds by Chuck Wendig 4/5
*May 7th* The Bewitching Tale of Stormy Gale by Christine Cole 2/5
*May 14th* The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini 4/5
*May 18th* Lover Avenged by J.R. Ward 5/5
*May 23rd* The Golden Flute by Catherine Lanigan 2.5/5
*May 23rd* Blaze of Memory by Nalini Singh 3.5/5
*May 27th* Ophelia by Lisa Klein 2.5/5
*May 27th* The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa 5/5
*May 30th* The Grim Grotto by Lemony Snicket 4/5

message 9: by Nathan (last edited May 31, 2012 07:49PM) (new)

Nathan (nthnlwly) It was really bad. I could kill Abigail, lol!

I've seen J.D. Robb's "in Death" books at the library often, and always wanted to pick one up. Are they good? Which is your favorite?

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Definitely.

Ahhh, I saw them so much in my library so I decided to pick one up too.

I fell in love with them. They give you a little bit of everything, crime, romance, murder, mystery. They're really good.

The romance isn't too over the top.

I think they're a really well written series and we have some fantastic secondary characters that she puts in!

My favourite one? That's really quite hard to say. However I think the first one will always hold a special place in my heart.

message 11: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nthnlwly) Great! I'll have to check one out someday.

message 12: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 03, 2012 01:58PM) (new)

JUNE

Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8) by Nalini Singh One Hundred Years of Vicissitude by Andrez Bergen Lord Atwood's Lovers by Eva Clancy Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8) by J.R. Ward The Peculiars by Maureen Doyle McQuerry Eliza's Awakening by Zaide Bishop The Ravenous Dead (Lost Souls, #2) by Natasha Hoar Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater The Clan of the Cave Bear (Earth's Children, #1) by Jean M. Auel Portrait in Death (In Death, #16) by J.D. Robb Frankenstein by Mary Shelley Darwin's Children (Darwin's Children, #1) by Natasha Larry Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein Embrace the Dark (The Blood Rose Series, #1) by Caris Roane

*2nd* Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh 3/5

*3rd* One Hundred Years of Vicissitude by Andrez Bergen 4/5

*5th* Lord Atwood's Lovers by Eva Clancy 2/5

*8th* Lover Mine by J.R. Ward 5/5

*10th* The Peculiars by Maureen Doyle McQuerry 1/5

*14th* Eliza's Awakening by Zaide Bishop 3.5/5

*15th* The Ravenous Dead by Natasha Hoar 2.5/5

*16th* Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater 3.5/5

and

The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel 2.5/5

*17th* Portrait in Death by J.D. Robb 4/5

*24th* Frankenstein by Mary Shelley 5/5

*25th* Darwin's Children by Natasha Larry 3/5

*26th* Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein 5/5

*30th* Embrace the Dark by Caris Roane 1/5

This month I have two top reads. From the Young-Adult books it would be Code Name Verity, what an utterly touching and moving book. I adored it.

Then from the adult section it would have to be Lover Mine. I find the Black Dagger Brotherhood series one of the best paranormal series I've ever read.