75 Books...More or Less! discussion

Archive (2009 Challenge) > Becca's 75 books

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (becca_m) | 15 comments This is a great challenge!

I have read A Gathering of Saints by Robert Lindsey. It is a great true crime/ mystery set in the Mormon culture in Utah.

message 2: by Karol (new)

Karol Rebecca, welcome! Hmmm, sounds like I might be interested in "A Gathering of Saints."

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily (bravesemily) Awww yay I'm glad you started this!

I figured out you need to read a book every 4.8 days to stay on track :) But any improvement is good improvement!

message 4: by Rebecca (last edited Feb 25, 2009 03:32AM) (new)

Rebecca (becca_m) | 15 comments #2 completed The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. It is an interesting story of a mute boy and the dogs that he and his family raise. Some people did not like the ending of the bokk but I actually thought that it was fitting. The author is a wonderful story teller!

message 5: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (becca_m) | 15 comments #3 finished :) I finished Dr. Laura's the Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage. Though I am quite liberal, I agree with her marriage/relationship advice and I use it to improve my marriage.

message 6: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (becca_m) | 15 comments #4 finished

The Audacity of Hope offers great insight to our President, his history and his ideas. I am eager to read his first book now!

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (becca_m) | 15 comments #5 finished :)

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. This is one of my favorite books and I just ordered The Kite RUnner last night. So psyched to read it!!!

message 8: by Karol (new)

Karol Rebecca, that's good to hear. I bought A Thousand Splendid Suns not too long ago, and plan to read it this year - probably during spring break!

message 9: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (becca_m) | 15 comments Kay wrote: "Rebecca, that's good to hear. I bought A Thousand Splendid Suns not too long ago, and plan to read it this year - probably during spring break!"

You will definitely enjoy it! I don't see how anyone couldn't enjoy it.

message 10: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (becca_m) | 15 comments #6 completed

I read Watchmen after seeing the movie and being disappointed. I definitely liked the book more because it had more character background.

message 11: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (becca_m) | 15 comments #7 completed
I finished inside Delta Force by Eric Haney and enjoyed it very much! At times the chapters on training were difficult to read but I truly enjoyed getting a behind the scenes look at one of the most elite Spec Ops units in the world.

message 12: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (becca_m) | 15 comments #8 completed

The Kite Runner. I loved the book and cried more than once while reading it

message 13: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (becca_m) | 15 comments #9 completed

She's Come Undone. I devoured this book in 2 days and absolutely loved it!

message 14: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Andrea | 4070 comments Mod
Rebecca, she,s come undone is one of my all time top books ever!!! Have you read I Know This Much is True?

message 15: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (becca_m) | 15 comments Not yet but I plan to read it this coming weekend. Is it as good?

message 16: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Andrea | 4070 comments Mod
I loved it, I read it on the beach in Aruba and I copuld not put it down.

message 17: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (becca_m) | 15 comments Sweet =) I can't wait to read it!

message 18: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (becca_m) | 15 comments #10 complete

"Crossing the Water" by Sylvia Plath. I haven't read her poetry in years. I forgot how awesome she is.

message 19: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (becca_m) | 15 comments #11 completed Colossus and Other Poems by Sylvia Plath. Very good =) Hopefully I will finish #12 by the end of the day.

message 20: by Merri (new)

Merri loved the Kite Runner and She's come undone! I have a thousand Splendid Suns in my TBR pile- Just not ready for anything heavy right now!

message 21: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (becca_m) | 15 comments You will love it when you do read it but be prepared to cry, or maybe I'm just emotional, lol.

#12 Sylvia Plath's Ariel complete. This was full of great poetry but at times it was hard to read. It wasn't hard to read b/c it was bad poetry but b/c many of the poems were filled with her pain and it was evident how internally tortured she was.