Women Who Love Books Too Much discussion

please recommend

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cathy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:04PM) (new)

Cathy | 48 comments Mod
I spent Thanksgiving in New York City with my two sons, two daughters-in-law, 2 grandsons, and one son's mother-in-law. Inevitably, talk among the women turned to the books we are reading, have read, or want to read. My son's mother-in-law recommended Kiterunner and Love in the Time of Cholera. I have not read these yet, but plan to in the near future. Having books as recommendations from other women makes them quite desirable to me!
Please make your own recommendations an discuss!
I have put on our shelves those books that were recommended.

message 2: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:05PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) I recommend "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. This is a very good book.

message 3: by Mandy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:06PM) (new)

Mandy Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here.

I highly recommend "Kite Runner" it's one of my favourites. I've read "My Sister's Keeper" and loved it, needed those tissues. I really enojoyed "Year of Wonders" by Geraldine Brooks and "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" by Kim Edwards. I'm a James Patterson, Lee Child and Meg Gardiner fan, although have read many others and have recently purcahsed a number of different books by different authors so hopefully I'll find a few more favourites for myself. Always open to suggestions.