Addicted to YA discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Books of the Month > July 2012

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Jun 09, 2012 09:38AM) (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5276 comments Mod
It's time to pick out July books! We're going to have a series suggestion, a "single" suggestion, and a theme suggestion again.
Anyone can put one suggestion for each of the three categories. So that means you can suggest one book for series, one for "single", and one for the theme. We are going to be reading The Enchantress in July so don't suggest that book because we are already going to be reading it!

To suggest a book please put the title of the book and the author! And label what the book is a suggestion for (series, single, or theme).

The theme for this month is...Dystopian!

Also a little reminder to everyone. This is not where you vote. This is where you make suggestions for the poll. The poll will probably be up around mid June so that will be around June 20th.

The suggestions also can't be something we've already read and they have to be young adult because we are a young adult group! To see what we've read and haven't read go to the group bookshelf. If you are new I strongly suggest this!

message 2: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Jun 18, 2012 08:37AM) (new)

Currently being suggested
Series:
Red Glove (Curse Workers #2) by Holly Black Red Glove by Holly Black
Goddess of the Night (Daughters of the Moon, #1) by Lynne Ewing Goddess of the Night by Lynne Ewing
Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1) by Moira Young Blood Red Road by by Moira Young
The Moon Dwellers (The Dwellers, #1) by David Estes The Moon Dwellers by Davis Estes
Black (Books of History Chronicles The Circle, #1) by Ted Dekker Black by Ted Dekker
Rapture (Rapture, #1) by Phillip W. Simpson Rapture by Phillip W. Simpson
Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) by Melissa Marr Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner The Maze Runner by James Dashner
The Lying Game (The Lying Game, #1) by Sara Shepard The Lying Game by Sara Shepard
Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis Across the Universe by Beth Revis
The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden, #1) by Julie Kagawa The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa
Inkheart (Inkheart, #1) by Cornelia Funke Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
Existence (Existence Trilogy, #1) by Abbi Glines Existence by Abbi Glines
The Way of Shadows (Night Angel, #1) by Brent Weeks The Way of Shadows by Brent Weeks
Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Fallen by Lauren Kate
Inescapable (The Premonition, #1) by Amy A. Bartol Inescapable by Amy A. Bartol
Shadow and Bone (The Grisha Trilogy, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
The Iron Thorn (Iron Codex, #1) by Caitlin Kittredge The Iron Thorn by Caitlin Kittredge
Men of the Cave by Marisette Burgess Men of the Cave by Marisette Burgess
Stargirl (Stargirl, #1) by Jerry Spinelli Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli

Singles:
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Forgotten by Cat Patrick Forgotten by Cat Patrick
Deep and Dark and Dangerous A Ghost Story by Mary Downing Hahn Deep and Dark and Dangerous: A Ghost Story by Mary Downing Hahn
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
Solstice a novel of the Zombie Apocalypse by Donna Burgess Solstice: a novel of the Zombie Apocalypse by Donna Burgess
Pure (Pure, #1) by Julianna Baggott Pure by Julianna Baggot
Struck by Jennifer Bosworth Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
Heroes of the Valley by Jonathan Stroud Heroes of the Valley by Jonathan Stroud
A Swift Pure Cry by Siobhan Dowd A Swift Pure Cry by Siobhan Dowd

Theme:
Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu Legend by Marie Lu
The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry The Giver by by Lois Lowry
Masque of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #1) by Bethany Griffin Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
Enclave (Razorland, #1) by Ann Aguirre Enclave by Ann Aguirre
Gathering Blue (The Giver, #2) by Lois Lowry Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry

message 3: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited May 30, 2012 02:07PM) (new)

Series:
Red Glove (Curse Workers #2) by Holly Black Red Glove by Holly Black

Single:
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Theme:
Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

message 4: by Nicole (last edited Jun 18, 2012 04:35PM) (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 6 comments Oh you have to read The Moon Dwellers, it is so fantastic! And it comes out June 30th!

The Moon Dwellers (The Dwellers, #1) by David Estes by Davis Estes, Dystopian

message 5: by Roch (last edited May 30, 2012 03:02PM) (new)

Roch (roli1547) | 37 comments Okay, here are some suggestions of my favorite books:
Series: Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore Graceling Realm/Seven Kingdoms by Kristen Cashore
Single: Forgotten by Cat Patrick Forgotten by Cat Patrick
Theme: Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu Legend by Marie Lu

message 6: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new)

Nikki Sojkowski (nikkisoj) | 1545 comments Mod
Series- Daughters of the Moon Goddess of the Night (Daughters of the Moon, #1) by Lynne Ewing

Single- Deep and Dark and Dangerous Deep and Dark and Dangerous A Ghost Story by Mary Downing Hahn

Theme- Gathering Blue Gathering Blue (The Giver, #2) by Lois Lowry

message 7: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new)

Oh ummm by Lynne Ewing, Mary Downing Hahn, and Lois Lowery

message 8: by Alex (new)

Alex | 2 comments Series-Divergent/ Theme: Dystopian.
There are only two books out now( Divergent & Insurgent), third does not arrive till later this year or start of 2013
:( Still a good series, so far...

message 9: by Superrokoman (new)

Superrokoman | 5 comments LEGEND all the way! Can't wait for book 2; Prodigy!

message 10: by Emily (last edited May 30, 2012 04:58PM) (new)

Emily | 1 comments Series- The Delirium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver; the first two books are out (Delirium and Pandemonium) and the third is coming out in early 2013. These books are amazing!

message 11: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new)

Alex wrote: "Series-Divergent/ Theme: Dystopian.
There are only two books out now( Divergent & Insurgent), third does not arrive till later this year or start of 2013
:( Still a good series, so far..."

Ummmmm... we already read Divergent AND Insurgent for April and May's BoM

message 12: by Anna (new)

message 13: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Anna wrote: "Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1) by Moira Young"

Nicole wrote: "Oh you have to read The Moon Dwellers, it is so fantastic! And it comes out June 30th!

The Moon Dwellers (The Dwellers, #1) by David Estes by Davis Estes (cover is being revealed June 15th)"

I don't know if those are for the theme or series so if they are for the theme let me know so I can change where they are listed!

message 14: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Roch wrote: "Okay, here are some suggestions of my favorite books:
Series: Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin CashoreGraceling Realm/Seven Kingdoms by Kristen Cashore
Single: The Forgotten Garden by Kate MortonForgotten by Cat Patrick
Theme: [bo..."

We've already read Graceling...

message 15: by Gen (new)

Gen (genbreyes) | 11 comments Series: Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Single: Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Theme: Uglies by Scott Westerfield

message 16: by Alex (new)

Alex | 2 comments Nikki wrote: "Alex wrote: "Series-Divergent/ Theme: Dystopian.
:( Still a good series, so f..."

Sorry, new to the club here...Will think of something other than what's been suggested already.

message 17: by Roch (last edited May 30, 2012 07:24PM) (new)

Roch (roli1547) | 37 comments Erika wrote: "Roch wrote: "Okay, here are some suggestions of my favorite books:
Series: Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin CashoreGraceling Realm/Seven Kingdoms by Kristen Cashore
Single: The Forgotten Garden by Kate MortonForgotten by Cat Patri..."

Ooops! Sorry, I'm new here! I think my next suggestion would be Delirium by Lauren Oliver.(love, love, love this book!!!)

message 18: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (ChloeandBooks) | 138 comments Series: Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1) by Moira Young
Singles: Deep and Dark and Dangerous A Ghost Story by Mary Downing Hahn
Theme: Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu

message 19: by Anna (new)

Anna | 300 comments @Erika: Blood Red Road is #1 in a series but the others aren't out yet.

message 20: by Fatima (new)

Fatima Series : Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver
Single: Deep and Dark and Dangerous A Ghost Story by Mary Downing Hahn
Theme: Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld

message 22: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Roch wrote: "Erika wrote: "Roch wrote: "Okay, here are some suggestions of my favorite books:
Single: The Forgotten Garden by Kate MortonForgotte..."

Oh that's fine I'm was just letting you know. I agree I love Delirium too!

message 23: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Mallory Anne-Marie wrote: "[bookcover:Solstice: a novel of the Zombie Apocalypse]"

Is this for series, single, or theme?

message 24: by T (last edited May 31, 2012 02:56PM) (new)

T (ttynwhite) | 15 comments Series: Rapture (Rapture, #1) by Phillip W. Simpson

I read this recently an absolutely loved it!

message 25: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (cvictoria) Erika wrote: "It's time to pick out July books! We're going to have a series suggestion, a "single" suggestion, and a theme suggestion again.
Anyone can put one suggestion for each of the three categories. So th..."

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

message 26: by Rus (new)

Rus Kay | 46 comments woohoo! i loved that book!

message 27: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 19 comments Series:
Graceling by Kristen Cashore
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

Single:
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

message 28: by Jeni (new)

Jeni Christen (jchristen84) | 3 comments Series: The Maze Runner by James Dashner
Single: Pure by Julianna Baggot
Theme: Insurgent by Veronica Roth

message 29: by Timothy (new)

Timothy (jeditimothy) | 11 comments The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan

I have been wanting to read his for a while.

message 30: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Sarah wrote: "Series:
Graceling by Kristen Cashore
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr

Single:
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver"

We have already read Graceling and Before I Fall has already been suggested and you are only supposed to suggest one book per category so I'm only going to put up Wicked Lovely

message 31: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited Jun 01, 2012 04:45PM) (new)

Timothy wrote: "The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan

I have been wanting to read his for a while."

Jeni wrote: "Series: The Maze Runner by James Dashner
Single: Pure by Julianna Baggot
Theme: Insurgent by Veronica Roth"

We just finished reading Insurgent and we have already read the Lightning Thief

message 32: by Lexi (last edited Jun 01, 2012 04:54PM) (new)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Series :
The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner
The Lying Game (The Lying Game, #1) by Sara Shepard

Theme:
Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld

message 34: by OfficialNerd (new)

OfficialNerd | 6 comments Marked (House of Night, #1) by P.C. Cast this book is awesome and if not then i suggest the Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld ive always wanted to read it

message 35: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Marget wrote: "Marked (House of Night, #1) by P.C. Cast this book is awesome and if not then i suggest theUglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeldive always wanted to read it"

We've read Marked and there is a discussion up for it and Uglies was already suggested so if you want you can suggest another book...

message 36: by Estrella (new)

Estrella Perotti | 8 comments Pure by Julianna Baggott is a very good choice for a dystopian book

Erika wrote: "It's time to pick out July books! We're going to have a series suggestion, a "single" suggestion, and a theme suggestion again.
Anyone can put one suggestion for each of the three categories. So th..."

message 37: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (readinglush) I just picked this book up from the book store, and it looked really enticing:

Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis

I also believe this would go under the category of series :)

message 38: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Loves Books (tiffanythebooklover) Series: The Immortal Rules

Single: Struck

Theme: Masque of the Red Death

I've read all these book and truly enjoyed them! But my favorite is Masque of the Red Death it is truly an amazing read.

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Series: The Way of Shadows (Night Angel, #1) by Brent Weeks . Absolutely loved the series. Or the Existence trilogy Existence (Existence Trilogy, #1) by Abbi Glines .[Just finished the second and it was amazing]. Another suggestion is Inkheart (Inkheart, #1) by Cornelia Funke trilogy. Have we read that before?

message 41: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* wrote: "Series: The Way of Shadows (Night Angel, #1) by Brent Weeks. Absolutely loved the series. Or the Existence trilogyExistence (Existence Trilogy, #1) by Abbi Glines.[Just finished the second and it was amazing]. Another suggestion is [bookcover:In..."

We haven't read any of them but Inkheart looks really good.

message 42: by Nikki, Eragon Bookslayer (new)

Erika wrote: "Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* wrote: "Series: The Way of Shadows (Night Angel, #1) by Brent Weeks. Absolutely loved the series. Or the Existence trilogyExistence (Existence Trilogy, #1) by Abbi Glines.[Just finished the second and it was amazing]..."

Inkjeart looks good but it's really not that great... The first book was good but the 2nd was just eh and I didn't even put in the effort to find and read book 3

message 43: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Nikki wrote: "Erika wrote: "Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* wrote: "Series: The Way of Shadows (Night Angel, #1) by Brent Weeks. Absolutely loved the series. Or the Existence trilogyExistence (Existence Trilogy, #1) by Abbi Glines.[Just finished the second and i..."

My sister read all three and she liked them but I'm not sure if I should read them because we tend to have different tastes but if only the first book is good then I might not go for it

message 44: by Ela (new)

Ela Single: A Swift Pure Cry by Siobhan Dowd
Abosolutely love this author(Sioban Dowd)
This book is one of my abosloute favourites.(realistic story)

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 457 comments Nikki wrote: "Erika wrote: "Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* wrote: "Series: The Way of Shadows (Night Angel, #1) by Brent Weeks. Absolutely loved the series. Or the Existence trilogyExistence (Existence Trilogy, #1) by Abbi Glines.[Just finished the second and i..."

I didn't like the 1st too much coz it was a little childish in bits but the second was really good. The 3rd was awesome in some bits, meh i others.

message 46: by Bronte Ellen (new)

Bronte Ellen Rapture (Fallen, #4) by Lauren Kate from the Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate series

message 47: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* wrote: "Nikki wrote: "Erika wrote: "Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* wrote: "Series: The Way of Shadows (Night Angel, #1) by Brent Weeks. Absolutely loved the series. Or the Existence trilogyExistence (Existence Trilogy, #1) by Abbi Glines.[Just finished th..."

I'll check it out then!

message 48: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Nelleetnorb wrote: "The Rapture of Canaan by Sheri Reynolds from the Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate series"

Since we haven't read the Fallen series yet I'm going to put down Fallen.

message 49: by Bronte Ellen (new)

Bronte Ellen Erika wrote: "Nelleetnorb wrote: "The Rapture of Canaan by Sheri Reynolds from the Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate series"

Since we haven't read the Fallen series yet I'm going to put down Fallen."

Okay! It is really good but the next one in the series (Torment) isn't as good but the one after (Passion) that is very good!

message 50: by Kayla (last edited Jun 10, 2012 12:06AM) (new)

Kayla There is a series out called, "The Premonition Series" by Amy Bartol. ]. I haven't read the other books in the series yet but, the first was great :) I think it'd be a good suggestion for a series! Inescapable (The Premonition, #1) by Amy A. Bartol

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.