Do Some Damage discussion

Book Club > Summer 2012 Book Pick

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steve (new)

Steve Weddle (steveweddle) | 54 comments Mod
Anyone interested in a new or newish book to start off the summer?

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
Dead Harvest by Chris F. Holm
Blackbirds by Chuck Wendig
City of the Lost by Stephen Blackmoore
Cold Rifts by Sandra Seamans
Devil's Oven by Laura Benedict
Angelmaker by Nick Harkaway
The Next One to Fall by Hilary Davidson
Empire State by Adam Christopher

Add your own in the comments or send me a message. These are just off top of my head.

We can start a poll here next week if you're interested.

message 2: by Holly (new)

Holly West (hollywest) | 14 comments I could do any of these since most are already on my TBR pile. But I've been hearing amazing things about GONE GIRL so I vote for that.

message 3: by Lita (new)

Lita | 1 comments I agree with Holly that any would be fine. Gillian Flynn will be here at the Poisoned Pen the 13th so I can get a signed copy :)

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott Parker (SDParker) | 1 comments Empire State or Blackbirds. Maybe Dead Harvest.

message 5: by Elizabeth A. (new)

Elizabeth A. (elizabethawhite) | 32 comments Well I've already read 5 of those, and I'm reading GONE GIRL this weekend, so... I'm good with whatever the majority wants.

message 6: by Benoit (new)

Benoit Lelièvre | 7 comments I vote for Dead Harvest as I have a copy and I could tag along.

message 7: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina Ogden | 19 comments I'm good with the majority... and Benoit, I'll make sure you get whatever book we read, K?

message 8: by Ron (new)

Ron (ronearlphillips) | 18 comments Have you guys thought about Last Call for the Living?

message 9: by Ron (new)

Ron (ronearlphillips) | 18 comments Sabrina wrote: "I'm good with the majority... and Benoit, I'll make sure you get whatever book we read, K?"

Going to buy a copy for everyone? I do have DEAD HARVEST, CITY OF THE LOST and EMPIRE STATE. Read Holm's book already.

message 10: by Alison (new)

Alison Dasho (Janssen) (alisondasho) | 13 comments I'm happy with any of those choices.

message 11: by John (new)

John (tirbd) Gee, any of these would be great. I've read Holm and Davidson and have most of the others on my To Be Read list.

message 13: by Mike (new)

Mike | 1 comments Last Call for the Living is the goods. Also (a completely different book) Big Maria by Johnny Shaw is great.