The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1) The Lies of Locke Lamora discussion

Torrid Love Affairs of anykind??

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara Of course everything I read absolutely does NOT have romance or a few torrid sex scenes in it and I am sure that this will be quite good without that, but I am just curious as to if it has any sex or romance.

Gavin It's been a few years since I read The Lies of Locke Lamora, but I can't recall any romantic subplots and there is definitely no torrid sex scenes.

Not that that's a problem!. I generally prefer my books with some romance thrown in, but rest assured The Lies of Locke Lamora is a great book ( one of my favorites ) and does not suffer for the lack of any.

message 3: by Haidi (last edited May 30, 2012 03:36PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Haidi No there is no sex or love affairs, but this is the best book I have ever read. I finished it 2 weeks ago and am into the second book now.

This was an amazingly well written book, with humor and violence and twists and turns and craziness that keept me reading continuously. It didn't need any romance.

Best book hands down. You will enjoy it, but just beaware that it follows a present and past type pattern throughout the book which is a bit odd at first but after a while you get used to it and I thoroughly enjoyed the little exerts from the characters lives as young kids as these gave me understanding for what was happening in the present day story.

message 4: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara Thanks so much Gavin and Haidi...I will be certain to give it a go!!

message 5: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara Thank you!! I'm going to read it, you're the second person to give it such rave reviews.
Gavin wrote: "It's been a few years since I read The Lies of Locke Lamora, but I can't recall any romantic subplots and there is definitely no torrid sex scenes.

Not that that's a problem!. I generally prefer m..."

message 6: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara Great!! Thank you so much!!

Haidi wrote: "No there is no sex or love affairs, but this is the best book I have ever read. I finished it 2 weeks ago and am into the second book now.

This was an amazingly well written book, with humor and ..."

Gavin wrote: "It's been a few years since I read The Lies of Locke Lamora, but I can't recall any romantic subplots and there is definitely no torrid sex scenes.

Not that that's a problem!. I generally prefer m..."

Haidi Your welcome

can you email me once you've read it. I'd love to hear someone elses thoughts on a book that I've loved so much. I don't know any one else that has read it and so have not been able to talk about it with anyone.

:)

message 8: by TJ (last edited May 31, 2012 07:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

TJ This is one of my all-time favorites. No current author has the ability to create such rich characters and environments with such zest and humor. As for sex, it never hurts (I hope) and some would be just fine in the next book - whenever it finally appears. Both of the books in this series are simply superb.

message 9: by Haidi (last edited Jun 01, 2012 01:56AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Haidi I believe there are going to be 5 books in this series. I was very excited to discover that after I finished the first book and was hungry for more!

They are in reading order
#0 - The Bastards and the Knives
#1 - The lies of locke lamora
#2 - Red seas under Red Skies
#3 - The republic of Thieves to be published march2013
#4 - The Thorn of Emberlain
#5 - The ministry of Necessity

Gavin Sara wrote: "Great!! Thank you so much!! "

Your welcome. I recommend this great book to people all the time!.

TJ wrote: "This is one of my all-time favorites. No current author has the ability to create such rich characters and environments with such zest and humor. As for sex, it never hurts (I hope) and some woul..."

My thoughts exactly.

Haidi-The first two books of the series were released in 2006 and 2007, and there has been no new books published since.
Much like TJ, I'm waiting patiently for the arrival of book three, The republic of Thieves.

Haidi Yeh, I know that, thats why I wrote to be published in March 2013 next to The Republic of Theives. :)

Gavin Haidi wrote: "Yeh, I know that, thats why I wrote to be published in March 2013 next to The Republic of Theives. :)"

Ahh, so you did, I do apologize.

Haidi No probs

Scott (Ozziespur) Really enjoyed LOLL. I've since read the 2nd book and whilst slow to get going really enjoyed that too. If I had to choose which I liked more it would be the first book.
If anyone hasn't read it (them), do yourself a favour.

message 15: by L.E. (new) - rated it 5 stars

L.E. Fitzpatrick This has to be my favourite series and book 2 does have a bit of sex. I think further books will probably include Locke's love interest who is spasmodically mentioned throughout both books.

I have to disagree with Scott though, I preferred the second book and it gave some great side stories which I hope Lynch will build on, especially the human games Locke discovered on his travels.

message 16: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara Wow so far I am getting nothing but rave reviews...Thanks to all who have posted!!

message 17: by Sara (new) - added it

Sara Oh! there is a prequel then as well??
Haidi wrote: "I believe there are going to be 5 books in this series. I was very excited to discover that after I finished the first book and was hungry for more!

They are in reading order
#0 - The Bastards and..."