75 Books...More or Less! discussion

Archive (2009 Challenge) > Ashley's 75 books

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley My goal is at least 75 books in 2009.

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley 1. Cross Country by James Patterson 3 stars
I always enjoy the Alex Cross books even if they are cranked out very quickly. I enjoyed that this one had a little different setting (I won't spoil it for anyone) so it made it a bit different. It was great for the plane ride and late nights on vacation with quick chapters I could always find a stopping place.

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley 2. Santa Cruise by Mary Higgins Clark and Carol Higgins Clark - 2.5 stars

message 4: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crys0909) I love the James Patterson books. Double Cross is a very good book too.

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley 3. Bones by Jonathan Kellerman - 4 stars.

I always love Alex Delaware books and this one did not disappoint. It was a great story and I enjoyed the twists and turns it took along the way.

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley 4. Chocolate Chip Murder by Joanne Fluke

5. Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich

message 7: by Karol (new)

Karol | 1779 comments Ashley, what did you think of Joanne Fluke's book? I recently started reading her Hannah Swenson series . . .

message 8: by Ashley (new)

Ashley I really enjoyed it. I have the second one on hold at the library and can't wait to get it. I thought it was a fun, quick read and reminded me a lot of the Stephanie Plum mysteries. But it was dangerous - I craved cookies the whole time I was reading it!

message 9: by Karol (new)

Karol | 1779 comments I know what you mean! I have to work twice as hard to avoid desserts when I'm reading any of the books in the series. I've read the first 3, and liked the 2nd and 3rd even better than the first one. Enjoy!

message 10: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Oh, that's great to hear. I hope I get it from the library soon or the last of my Borders gift card from Christmas might get used up!

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley 6. Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris

I really enjoyed this book - it's the second in the Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire Series. It was an easy, fun read and kept my attention (always necessary with a toddler).

message 12: by Ashley (new)

Ashley 7. Club Dead by Charlaine Harris.

message 13: by Ashley (new)

Ashley 8. Divine Justice by David Baldacci

Great thriller! I love his Camel Club characters and this did not disappoint.

message 14: by Ashley (new)

Ashley 9. The Charlemagne Pursuit by Steve Berry

This was pretty good - typical of the author - there were parts where I rolled my eyes, but it definitely kept moving once I got into and had some time to read.

message 15: by Ashley (new)

Ashley 10. Strawberry Shortcake Murder by Joanne Fluke

Another light, cozy mystery. I had fun reading it after the high action thriller I read previously.

message 16: by Ashley (new)

Ashley 11. The Associate by John Grisham

Good legal thriller as usual. I enjoyed this one much more than The Appeal (his last) but it still wasn't as good as some of his earlier books.

message 17: by Ashley (new)

Ashley 12. Run for Your Life by James Patterson

I enjoyed this one - good, quick read. I'm liking this character and hope that he sticks with it and continues the series.

13. Lethal Legacy by Linda Fairstein

Loved it as usual. Her books have great mysteries and storylines. Plus I love all the New York City history she includes in the storyline.

message 18: by Ashley (new)

Ashley 14. Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris - more vampire and supernatural creature filled fun!

message 19: by Ashley (new)

Ashley 15. Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult

I keep telling myself that I'm not going to read her books again and I really should listen to myself. She's a great writer in terms of weaving words together, but her stories have gotten very formulaic and predictable.

message 20: by Ashley (new)

Ashley 16. Dead as a Doornail by Charlaine Harris - definitely can't get enough of the Sookie Stackhouse books.

message 21: by Ashley (new)

Ashley 17. Ghost at Work by Carolyn Hart - cute, cozy mystery. Nothing too substantial but good to read before falling asleep at night or during nap time with certain interruptions.

message 22: by Ashley (new)

Ashley 18. Cursed by Carol Higgins Clark - a typical Regan Reilly book. I definitely don't enjoy her books as much as her mother's.

message 23: by Karol (new)

Karol | 1779 comments Ashley wrote: "18. Cursed by Carol Higgins Clark - a typical Regan Reilly book. I definitely don't enjoy her books as much as her mother's. "

Ashely, why is that, do you think? I've not read either author by herself - my only familiarity was one book that they wrote together.

message 24: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Kay wrote: "Ashley wrote: "18. Cursed by Carol Higgins Clark - a typical Regan Reilly book. I definitely don't enjoy her books as much as her mother's. "

Ashely, why is that, do you think? I've not read ei..."

I'm not sure how to explain it. I'm reading Mary's latest right now and it's just different. I feel like it's a little better plot and character development for sure. I guess the writing is a little more sophisticated - though that's not really the word for it.

message 25: by Ashley (last edited May 02, 2009 03:05PM) (new)

Ashley 19. Don't Look Twice by Andrew Gross

20. Max: a Maximum Ride novel by James Patterson

message 26: by Ashley (new)

Ashley 21. Just Take My Heart by Mary Higgins Clark

22. Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris

23. All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris

24. From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris

I've definitely gone a little crazy over the Sookie Stackhouse books - now I'm #131 on the library hold list for the latest one and then it will be major withdrawals until next May (though there are several short stories featuring Sookie or Sookie characters to pass the time).

message 27: by Ashley (new)

Ashley 25. True Detectives by Jonathan Kellerman

26. The 8th Confession by James Patterson

27. Mommywood by Tori Spelling

message 28: by Ashley (new)

Ashley 28. Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris

The latest in the Sookie Stackhouse novels - great book! It tied up a couple loose ends, but really just left lots more issues open for future novels which I can't wait for.

message 29: by Ashley (new)

Ashley 29. Dare to Die by Carolyn Harris
30. The Scarecrow by Michael Connelly
31. Cemetary Dance by Douglas Preston/Lincoln Child
32. Swimsuit by James Patterson
33. Finger Lickin Fifteen by Janet Evanovich
34. Marked by P.C. Cast
35. Shadows Still Remain by Peter De Jonge
36. Daniel X: Watch the Skies by James Patterson
37. Blindman's Bluff by Faye Kellerman
38. Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner

It was a busy summer and I definitely get as much reading done as I had planned but I'm hoping with the shorter days that I'll get through a few more books this fall.

message 30: by Ashley (new)

Ashley 39. First Family by David Baldacci

message 31: by Karol (new)

Karol | 1779 comments Ashley wrote: "29. Dare to Die by Carolyn Harris
30. The Scarecrow by Michael Connelly
31. Cemetary Dance by Douglas Preston/Lincoln Child
32. Swimsuit by James Patterson
33. Finger Lickin Fifteen by Janet Evan..."

Ashley, it's really great to hear from you!